Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#176 11-30-2016 17:35:32

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Release Date Info and Example Links

We will be doing the full public release in early January 2017.  I'd like to do it Jan 1, but holiday stuff will surely get in the way that weekend. Any active forum users who would like advance copies can submit a quote request here at the following URL for an advanced copy to be delivered in Early December 2016.  Submit your forum user id in the 'Mods/Customizations' section, and indicate that your request should be sent directly to Nick.  I can get you the software package, importer and links to all documentation, etc. ahead of public release.

https://kryptronic.com/Form/Custom-Shop … t-Upgrades

Thank you very much!

Nick Hendler

#177 12-09-2016 05:48:56

sdn

Are we going to need a more powerful server to run v9?

Simon

#178 12-09-2016 07:55:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

No, you do not need a more powerful server to run V9.  There was a major focus on ensuring that with all the added features there was no degradation in speed or increase in resource usage.  In fact, this was done so well that speed decreased (improved) by 100% and resource usage decreased (improved) by 40%.

The only real change as far as server requirements is that we dropped support for PHP4, and you have to be running PHP 5.1.0 or higher to run V9.  I don't think that's going to be an issue for anyone as I haven't seen a PHP4 install in years.

There are even a few easy database optimizations you can do that can improve speed.  Those will be posted in the documentation section for V9 when that goes live.

Nick Hendler

#179 12-09-2016 12:19:07

sdn

I just wondered as it sounds like the database will be much larger with all the extra product options, etc that need setting up.

Last edited by sdn (12-09-2016 12:19:31)

Simon

#180 12-12-2016 08:50:30

webmaster
Administrator
Website

It's a good question.  Something that concerned me early on as well, and a lot of focus went into making sure performance didn't degrade.  At the end of it, surprisingly, we saw big improvements.

Nick Hendler

#181 12-26-2016 14:58:21

mikede

Nick, how realistic is V9 release date for Jan 2017? I've been waiting to upgrade 2 sites. First it was Sept then November. I have been putting off customizing 1 site in anticipation of V9 for 4 months now. Is January really going to be the date?

#182 12-27-2016 08:27:45

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We'll be releasing in January, Mike.  In December we issued a bunch more preliminary packages to seasoned forum users and everything is going great with that batch.  I'm working currently on the documentation and final release package, which will be ready shortly.  All systems are go for the new year.

Nick Hendler

#183 12-27-2016 14:37:43

mikede

Thanks Nick. That is great news! Looking forward to the new release.

#184 01-17-2017 07:02:39

jason

Why after all these years (I joined in 2008) do the websites built with this software still look piss poor from a design point of view.

There is only one user on here who's website looks pretty decent style wise and that's zanarts.

Having said that I bet he's spent a fortune getting it customised over the years.

Okay the software is the key ingredient here I guess, but when you consider the amount of themes available for the other more popular e-commerce solutions available I would have expected some development on the theme front in the years since I first joined.

Also - something which I'm sure you could have integrated into these packages over the years is some form of visual composer. (you are a software engineer after all) which would to the 'normal' non multi-million pound turnover company make things so much easier.

Anyway - I digress. I gave up on this software years ago, but thought I'd drop back in to see how far things have evolved.

It looks like it's been slow progress.

#185 01-17-2017 07:50:15

zanart

LOL - Thanks for the comments, and I completely agree that there's a lack of template support.

I haven't actually spent any money on my design, but have spent thousands and thousands of hours trying to get it to an acceptable level, and it's still a distance from where I want it to be. If I could spend lots of money getting a top drawer design done, I would, however there aren't any designers available.

I always look at other premium ecommerce templates and now use Bootstrap themes to try and get something decent, but it is a long, long process for someone with limited css skills.

Rob

#186 01-17-2017 08:16:32

webmaster
Administrator
Website

What I'm hearing here is that there's a desire out there for cookie-cutter template support.  It's kind of funny this gets brought up now, because just last week I had a conversation with Dustin as S/S Creative Studio about this very topic.  They've been using K9 for bigger projects, and Woo for smaller ones.  He said he wished either K9 had more templates available, or Woo could just a third of what K9 does.  S/S Creative Studio has begun working on templates for K9, as a result, and they're also available to do custom templates.  Thank you guys for the input, it's being looked into.

Nick Hendler

#187 01-22-2017 19:25:38

icongraphics

Beyond just more cookie cutter template options, I'd like to see documentation for theme developers or more technical users. Aside from dissecting existing templates or looking around these forums, there's no way to do it (as far as I can tell at least, hope I haven't been overlooking some useful resource). I realize most people who use CCP aren't developers, so they're not interested in diving into HTML/CSS/PHP/JS, but as someone who is, I find the current way to do that very frustrating.

edit- although now that I re-read your comment, Nick, that may have been what you're hinting at. Give us the tools to more easily develop templates, and I'm sure the templates will flow.

Last edited by icongraphics (01-22-2017 19:26:43)

#188 01-23-2017 08:54:58

webmaster
Administrator
Website

There will be a lot of documentation available for theme/skin/template development.  Currently we have a shared google doc that outlines the grid and widget specifications and options.  That's being shared with clients using K9 on an as requested basis.  I'm working on the final pieces of the online manual now and will be including that as well as a lot more to aid in skinning.

Nick Hendler

#189 01-23-2017 11:41:29

icongraphics

webmaster wrote:

There will be a lot of documentation available for theme/skin/template development.  Currently we have a shared google doc that outlines the grid and widget specifications and options.  That's being shared with clients using K9 on an as requested basis.  I'm working on the final pieces of the online manual now and will be including that as well as a lot more to aid in skinning.

Awesome! Did something like this exist for prior versions? Because I'm kind of kicking myself if so!

#190 01-23-2017 13:21:26

webmaster
Administrator
Website

No, but there's always been a need for it.  It will be finished and made public in the online manual shortly.

Nick Hendler

#191 03-31-2017 13:29:58

mikede

Nick, any update on the release date?

#192 03-31-2017 15:00:31

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I believe we're going to do the public release right after the 9.0.2 update is out, which should be any time now.  It's been ready for a while but I've been caught up with launches and adding little bits to it here or there.  I would expect sometime in April.  Forum users can get a quote and a copy of 9.0.1.  Check the link in the first post in this thread.  A bunch of users on here have it.

Nick Hendler

#193 05-11-2017 05:16:37

zanart

Nick
When 9.0.2 is released, any chance you could provide a list of the code changes???

Rob

#194 05-11-2017 07:49:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Sure.  I've been doing that with updates in the 9 series.  Listing all modified files as well as all changes.

Nick Hendler

#195 09-23-2017 02:48:43

Gboyega

webmaster wrote:

Sure.  I've been doing that with updates in the 9 series.  Listing all modified files as well as all changes.

When can we have this Elusive version 9?

#196 11-15-2017 10:43:54

bbac

https://kryptronic.com/blog/2017/10/sof … ion-9-0-2/ :
"Software version 9.0.2 has been released. With this update, Kryptronic eCommerce version 9 will be officially released and made available to new clients. ... All clients are highly encouraged to update to this software version."
https://kryptronic.com/eCommerceSoftwareStore :
"Kryptronic eCommerce, which replaces ClickCartPro 8 and EuropaCart 8, is pending release. Anyone interested in purchasing Kryptronic Software is advised to wait until public launch for the all-new, all-different software."
Am I the only one still totally confused?
I am concerned that this "rewritten from the ground up, all new all different, support for Ebay, Amazon, Quickbooks, ...." will be completely over-the-top for my little store which has about 5 products and 700 orders per year. And come with a suitably over-the-top upgrade price. I suspect that I need hardly ANY of the new stuff except perhaps a shop that looks like it wasn't designed in 2005 for Netscape Navigator. But once 9 is available, support for 8 will cease and we'll have to upgrade for security patches.
So, what's the cost please? Anyone?

#197 11-15-2017 11:39:27

webmaster
Administrator
Website

K9 may be overkill for your 5 item store that does 2 orders a day.  It's designed to handle hundreds/thousands of orders daily.  On the other hand, K9 is so much faster, secure and SEO-friendly than V8, you would likely see increased traffic and orders as a result of install, so maybe not overkill.  Depends.  Do you want to sell your products on Amazon and eBay?  Are you concerned with your continued SEO presense?  Do you care about responsive design and a newer look and feel?  Get a quote here:

https://kryptronic.com/Form/Custom-Shop … t-Upgrades

We are recommending all users upgrade based on the security enhancements found in 9.0.2 alone.  Everything else simply makes you more money, and as a result, our pricing is higher than it was with V8, but you'll be able to make it back if you use K9 to it's potential.

Nick Hendler

#198 11-15-2017 11:53:49

bbac

Hi Nick - thanks for the reply.
My shop is used to pay for memberships to a club, and for addons to that membership. We use CCP because it's great at handling options and was one of the few at the time that actually worked with WorldPay. No, never ever going to sell on eBay or Amazon. Not bothered by SEO. New look and feel - always want the shiny things but not at any cost. This shop is not there to make money, merely to help with its collection from the members.
I'll get a quote, and see, but any upgrade cost is a direct cost to the club rather than an opportunity to make more sales. No harm in asking though! And I hope that it does help those who make a living from selling online to increase their exposure and sales.

#199 11-16-2017 08:38:25

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the info.  In your case there is no ROI, really.  Still should be considered due to security enhancements, as well as enhancements to support modern browsers.  At some point your users will experience usability issues on older platforms due to the way web browsers are changing these days.  Jeff will address any questions you have when he receives your quote.

Nick Hendler

#200 10-02-2018 05:44:45

Gboyega

When can i upgrade my version 8 to version 9. Ive waited for this for more than 3 years. it is highly dissapointing.

Board footer