Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-07-2017 16:38:56

kimtek

Category Page Customization

Hi - I've looked everywhere but can't figure this out. I'm setting up a new store and for certain categories I do not want the products listed on the page. I want to generate a table myself that is included in the category description instead. This is handy when we have a large amount of items - ie multiple sizes for balsa - and want a neat condensed way of displaying them rather then multiple pages. I have created duplicates of the Category Display and Product List Display files and tried to edit it that way. I managed to get rid of the products but the table where the products would go remains. Also, for some reason, there is an echo of the page title that I would also like to remove. Any help is appreciated and I can give you a link if this is not clear.

#2 11-08-2017 08:07:27

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Category Page Customization

You probably want to modify the catshow() function in {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM_Cat/ECOM_Cat.php.  You can choose there which includes and displays to present for your various categories based on data you store in the ecom_cat table (add custom fields in Raw DB Admin if needed).

Nick Hendler

#3 11-08-2017 11:26:15

kimtek

Is this file accessed through the admin or the ftp? Is it specific to the category I want to make the change to or to all the categories? Thanks.

#4 11-08-2017 12:41:26

kimtek

Just figured out how to get rid of the echo heading - it was called from ECOM/includes/prodlist.php. Deleted below from that file (backed up before)

// +--
// | Print the products header.
// +--

if (!(empty($header))) {

print '<h2 class="defaultheading">' . $header . '</h2>' . $eol . $eol;

} // End of if statement.

#5 11-08-2017 13:49:55

kimtek

I was able to get rid of the "table" that remained by specifying no border and background image from the ecom_catlist and ecom_prodlist in the override.css file. Since I didn't want those elements around the products anyway, that worked for me.

Thanks.

#6 11-09-2017 08:43:37

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Very good, thanks for the post back with info.

Nick Hendler

Board footer