Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-25-2002 18:39:19

webmaster
Administrator
Website

CCP5 Release & Partial DEMO

Date: 7/25 @ 8:15 PM ET - Look to the bottom for demo links.

Well, we fully expected to have CCP5 ready for launch today, however it is not yet complete.  We are pushing the date back once again to this coming Saturday (07/27) to ensure we have enough time to get everything fully tested and packaged for release.

Technically, we could put it out right now, but will not do so because we want it to be fully tested and as bug free as possible.  As I have stated before, if the release date was pushed beyond 7/25, we would be dropping the upgrade price to $29.99 per upgrade (down from $39.99).  That will hold true.  When the software goes on sale Saturday afternoon, the price for upgrades will be reduced.

To give everyone an update, admin is now 100% tested and functional, the manual is at about 99% (needs some info on the non-cgi add to cart API), and the frontend is at about 90% (with the remainder being testing of the store from the add to cart on through to the checkout).  Everything is going very well and looks extremely stable.

The alternate DB's that made the final cut were MySQL (Nix->Nix), PostgreSQL (Nix->Nix and Windows->Nix) and MS SQL Server (Windows->Windows).  We're running the Perl DBI as promised (which can run as non-compiled in pure-perl mode, so the program will install just as CCP4, and use CSV files if you're not using a heavy duty database).

We've given up nothing and added a ton.  The program will still install anywhere and can be enhanced by the use of alternate db's.  We've added more features in the past two weeks that are not in the manual that's available for download.  The pdf manual doesn't do the program justice anyway.

Just to show you guys that we actually do have something for you, we've got a demo online now.

PLEASE NOTE:

Because the add to cart and order process are not 100% tested, we've disabled them on the frontend demo.  You won't be able to get past the cart into checkout.  Also, we've disabled admin updates in the demo, as usual.

LINKS:

Admin:      http://www.clickcartpro.com/ccp5/admin

Admin Username:  webmaster
Admin Password:  webmaster

Frontend:   http://www.clickcartpro.com/ccp5

I am sorry for any trouble this final delay causes any of you. I know everyone has been waiting and a few projects are pending the release. All I can say is, thank you for your patience - it's about to be rewarded 10 fold.

Nick Hendler

#2 07-25-2002 20:45:55

Re: CCP5 Release & Partial DEMO

I have just spent about an hour going over the new release. You can count on me purchasing the upgrade. Looks like a job VERY WELL done.

#3 07-25-2002 21:36:27

I am very impressed with the ease of use and the power that this offers. I spent all afternoon searching for a easy, but powerful webcart system. I downloaded over 12. This is the BEST I have seen, and the cheapest!! I will be purchasing this.

mboyer@comptechsupport.com

#4 07-25-2002 21:48:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the support guys.  We're just trying to give everyone what they've been looking for - and to make our contracts easier to develop too smile

Nick Hendler

#5 07-26-2002 00:10:46

Wow! This is fantastic! I've purchased and installed about 6 CCP4.0's and will definately be a long time customer of yours.

I've designed and developed websites for over 7 years now and by far this is the most reliable, advanced, and feature-packed cart out there.

My clients are always VERY happy with the finished result.

Kudos to all of you guys for working so hard to put together such an awesome cart!

Best Regards,

Nancy Fusco
President
Monarch Design Studios, inc.

#6 07-26-2002 07:30:51

Will
Website

I hope it's not to late... but the one thing I see that I expected to be there was in the mange mail elements I thought there would be a way to modify the order confirmation email.  I've modified it in CCP4 through the actual perl code... when you said there wouldn't be any user text in there I expected I'd find it in the Admin... I see the 3 email things you have there but I consider not having a section for the canned email confirmation is not good. 

Where might I be able to find this?

Will

#7 07-26-2002 10:21:23

For my needs, the pushing ahead of dates for a stable release is well worth the wait! And the demo is ImPrEsSiVe!
You should make it an option on your ordering page for those of us that are willing to pay the original (already reasonable cost!) asking price for such a great product!
Many software releases get pushed back.  It is of my opinion that you guys shouldn't feel the need to take a loss over it!

#8 07-26-2002 14:13:25

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Maybe a software fund donation option? smile

Nick Hendler

#9 07-26-2002 14:33:24

>Maybe a software fund donation option?
>smile

put it in there! I do not exaggerate when I say that for a period of 3 months, I scoured the search engines looking for a perl shopping cart script (personal preferences of Perl), downloaded dozens of demos and spent some cash to try out full versions.  Costs range anywhere from free (poorly functioning) to a range of $150.00 to $5,000 to own, and upwards of $150.00/month for 'leasing' carts.  Many of these do not follow a logical ordering process that most web shoppers require for clarity's sake, and many others simply have few features which would justify their high costs (probably remnants of the dot com boom!) And then there is CCP! You guys got it down!

That said, put the donation part in on the order form! I would think many of the folks here may kick in a little extra for such a great product and continued development!

PS  the invoice feature - PERFECT!!  I'd love to have a future release (or plug-in) to include a label printing / label friendly window to streamline that for small business!) Great work team!

#10 07-26-2002 14:54:49

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We would have done labels in CCP5 if there was more time.  Oh well - it's already on the slate for 5.1.  We may just take you up on the funding option - you'll probably be the only one to kick back a little extra, though.  Dollars are hard earned these days (in the wake of the dot com bust that is).

Have a good one and stay tuned.

Nick Hendler

#11 07-26-2002 16:38:31

Hello...

I wouldn't be so sure!

$39 was a steal, anything lower is absurd. Heck, most of us would pay 10x that amount to get a system that works.

Sincerely,

Thomas V. Horstmann, Jr.
President

wwwrailsnw.com

#12 07-26-2002 14:12:44

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You'll see it in the final release.  As I said, the cart and order process were stripped from the demo because those parts are not fully tested.  This includes all elements and messages associated with the fronted from the cart on back.

Nick Hendler

#13 07-26-2002 17:37:10

webmaster
Administrator
Website

It looks like everyone has been a little busy banging on the demo.  700 view on the frontend and 2200 on admin since 8:30 PM ET last night.  Not bad for less than a day and the only link in this forum post.

We've seen a few comments out here on how things look.  Is everyone somewhat satisfied that CCP5 will deliver?  Thanks.

Nick Hendler

#14 07-27-2002 06:02:24

I think the demo, and the new layout look awesome. One question though...will upgrading ths cart now remove any modifications we may have made on our side to our own design? How about to edits we might have made on our side to any of the DB files (such as not having the product number on the category/sub cat pages?

#15 07-27-2002 07:23:10

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The upgrade pulls in the layout and all of the categories, options, products, orders and most of the settings.  For the product number hack, you'll need to update an element or two in admin to remove them from the displays.  Should only take a minute - no Perl invloved.

Nick Hendler

#16 07-27-2002 10:49:39

I'm satisfied, here's my money. Lets go. I'll test for you.

#17 07-27-2002 15:00:28

just want to know are you going to release the CCP 5 today, that is most important thing I concern so far?

#18 07-27-2002 16:03:39

>just want to know are you
>going to release the CCP
>5 today, that is most
>important thing I concern so
>far?

Yes, I'd like to know this, too.  PLEASE...give us a sign!

#19 07-27-2002 14:49:03

Great job on the cart guys!
It appears as if the consensus of this board is that you keep the upgrade price at $39.00.

I would agree with that point of view. The discount is nice but a fully functioning cart is better. It is important to my team and myself that you profit from your work. That will ensure that you remain motivated to continue working on CCP. If your not well rewarded for your work and your time then it can be difficult to justify the effort. It's also hard to explain to familly.

So please, keep the price of the cart at a level you can live with. It will still be an excellent price.

Thanks again,

Steven Mahana
eDentity Media, Inc
wwwedentitymedia.com 

#20 07-27-2002 15:10:18

I'll be pleased to pay full price, too!!!!!

#21 07-27-2002 17:23:18

Very nice work.  The price of the cart is nothing really when you consider the cost of most of them on the market today, and they don't have half the functions this one does.

Looking forward to the release.
Gregg Blanchard

#22 07-29-2002 07:28:37

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Ok - We'll price it at $39.99 - if anyone wants a $29.99 price, email ec@kryptronic.com for a discount code.  Thanks for all of the support - you guys are great.

CCP5 will be out either later today or tomorrow - sorry again for the delays.  We originally esitmated a June/July release way back in December 2001 when we started planning this.  We had no idea it would be so late in July, though.

Nick Hendler

#23 07-29-2002 10:13:34

We forgive you. :-)

#24 07-29-2002 11:02:33

I don't think your cc4 customers will have any problems in paying the 39.99 we just want to get our hands on it.

Good job guys.

#25 07-29-2002 11:15:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks again.  We're anxious to get it out there too.  You guys aren't the only ones with contracts piling up waiting for the new version.  It will be ready any time now.  Just waiting on OKs from our beta people and of course, I have to sign off on it too.

Any last requests?  Just kidding smile

Nick Hendler

Board footer