Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-19-2002 19:19:54

jennewt

HELP PLEASE!!!!

I am so confused at this point I believe I have bald spots! I went through telnet and extracted the TAR file as directed. Checked permissions. 777 on data and images 755 on cgi-bin. Edited the scripts as directed:

$server_script_path = "/home/www/scrapsahoy.com/cgi-bin";
$server_data_path = "/home/www/scrapsahoy.com/data/cp";
$server_images_path = "/home/www/scrapsahoy.com/images/cp";

Those files in the CP CGI-BIN I left them in the root of my CGI-BIN

I copied the contents of the images folder into my images directory in a CP folder. Copied the Data folder contents into a new DATA directory within a CP folder.

I left the cart index.htm and admin folder within the cp folder. (I also worked on the URL path to these two indexes to see if this would reslove my problem below)

After the initial install I got:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@scrapsahoy.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error. More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Sooooooooo...read the threads on the board. Checked permissions again. Checked the paths. Checked EVERYTHING! Re-extracted the tar file.

Did the SAME steps again!

Now...I get:
Script Execution Error
The following server paths are not correct:

Server Script Path ($server_script_path variable)
Server Data Path ($server_data_path variable)
Server Images Path ($server_images_path variable)

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH Please Help!!!! This is day 3.
Can I pay to have this installed?

#2 07-20-2002 09:14:46

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: HELP PLEASE!!!!

Well now that you're getting:

Script Execution Error
The following server paths are not correct:

Server Script Path ($server_script_path variable)
Server Data Path ($server_data_path variable)
Server Images Path ($server_images_path variable)

You know the script is actually working - that's a CCP generatate error - you're on the right track.  Now you've just got to figure out your paths.  You said you're doing the .tar install - so you've got shell access.  Enter the following command:

pwd

To see what your path truly is and use that for your paths.

Nick Hendler

#3 07-20-2002 10:01:51

jennewt

Re: HELP PLEASE!!!!

Thanks you SO much! I guess my hosting provider over looked that when they had to reset my account to regain telnet access.

Board footer