Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-12-2017 14:33:13

mdowning
Website

Client file uploads

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to alllow client file uploads for digital artwork needing to be done for them?

http://tuxedothemes.org/
Wordpress Themes for business, blogs and personal use.

#2 04-13-2017 07:25:18

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Client file uploads

Typically these types of files are extremely large and you'd be better off using a dropbox type service.

Nick Hendler

#3 04-28-2017 01:51:32

Kridrol

I have same problem with clinet.

#4 04-28-2017 04:30:04

west4
Website

Hi,

OK I use this a lot so here we go....  You will probably need a combination of internal File-upload and external Drop-Box type.

Set up a drop box contract with any of the file handling sites around eg. (dropbox.com , uploaded.net , sabercathost.com , etc.).

In CCP8 go to:Location: System Dashboard > Shop > Catalog > Product Options - Create-Add a new item.
Identifier* give it a name with no spaces or special characters e.g. "fileuploads"
Display Name* give it a name e.g. File Uploads
Description -  give it a description e.g. Upload you design files here, or if larger than 10MB please use our Dropbox link here (Stick the Link here).
Form Field Type* = File Upload
then hit SUBMIT

Add this to your product and it will be linked to the product order and show up in confirmation Emails (Oh and give you a link to the uploaded file for you to download. BUT not the dropbox one, that will arrive from Dropbox, so you might need to tell your customer to name the files properly so you can recognise them.)

Cheers,
Bruce.

Last edited by west4 (04-28-2017 04:33:33)

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#5 05-03-2017 18:47:35

mdowning
Website

west4 wrote:

Hi,

OK I use this a lot so here we go....  You will probably need a combination of internal File-upload and external Drop-Box type.

Set up a drop box contract with any of the file handling sites around eg. (dropbox.com , uploaded.net , sabercathost.com , etc.).

In CCP8 go to:Location: System Dashboard > Shop > Catalog > Product Options - Create-Add a new item.
Identifier* give it a name with no spaces or special characters e.g. "fileuploads"
Display Name* give it a name e.g. File Uploads
Description -  give it a description e.g. Upload you design files here, or if larger than 10MB please use our Dropbox link here (Stick the Link here).
Form Field Type* = File Upload
then hit SUBMIT

Add this to your product and it will be linked to the product order and show up in confirmation Emails (Oh and give you a link to the uploaded file for you to download. BUT not the dropbox one, that will arrive from Dropbox, so you might need to tell your customer to name the files properly so you can recognise them.)

Cheers,
Bruce.

Can I use ownCloud for this Bruce?

http://tuxedothemes.org/
Wordpress Themes for business, blogs and personal use.

#6 05-04-2017 08:07:21

west4
Website

Hi,

Well I have never used it but it does say "Send password protected public links so others can upload files to you" so I guess yes.
Not integrated though.

Cheers,
Bruce.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

Board footer