Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-04-2017 14:02:23

lgt
Website

Google Merchant Reviews

Google is now offering customer reviews for FREE (YEA!)  I've been paying $76 a month for this from a customer review company.

Just unsure how and where to add this to get it active.

Opt-in Integration

Important: Opt-in integration is a required step for Google Customer Reviews. The program won’t work on your site and surveys will not be offered unless this step has been completed. The opt-in integration lets Google display the Google Customer Reviews opt-in on your site and offer surveys to customers who have opted in to the program.

Before getting started, verify that you’ve completed the integration requirements for the opt-in. Your shopping cart and check out pages must be hosted on the same domain, the confirmation page must be hosted on your own domain, and <!DOCTYPE HTML> must be added to the top of every webpage. Once verified, add the code snippet below to your order confirmation page and customize the variables as needed. The snippet integration will allow Google to display the Google Customer Reviews opt-in on your website. Learn more

Code:

<script src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js?onload=renderOptIn" async defer></script>

<script>
  window.renderOptIn = function() {
    window.gapi.load('surveyoptin', function() {
      window.gapi.surveyoptin.render(
        {
          "merchant_id": XXXXXXXXX,
          "order_id": "ORDER_ID",
          "email": "CUSTOMER_EMAIL",
          "delivery_country": "COUNTRY_CODE",
          "estimated_delivery_date": "YYYY-MM-DD"
        });
    });
  }
</script>

#2 04-05-2017 07:03:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Google Merchant Reviews

Is this script supposed to go in the <head> or where you want the reviews to show up on the confirm page?  If the latter, where do you want them to show up, above or below the order confirm?

Nick Hendler

#3 04-05-2017 15:57:17

lgt
Website

Of course the information needs to be dynamically altered:

Code:

"order_id": "ORDER_ID",
          "email": "CUSTOMER_EMAIL",
          "delivery_country": "COUNTRY_CODE",
          "estimated_delivery_date": "YYYY-MM-DD"

Google recommends it be placed just above the </body>

#4 04-06-2017 07:51:27

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Very good.  Thank you.  I have your specifics in an email and will handle.  Will likely go in a a base feature.  Question: Do these reviews then count towards what is needed to get/maintain Google Trusted Stores status?

Nick Hendler

#5 04-06-2017 22:43:16

lgt
Website

Google is ending the Trusted Stores Programs this month for the Google Customer Reviews.

Google Customer Reviews will be included in any Adwords & Google Shopping ads.

Also included in my email is the ability to add the Google Badge that displays the rating on the website (display is optional).

The two are very similar.  The biggest two differences is the Google Trusted Store required a minimal number of purchases per year and there is no longer Google Buyer Protection.

Last edited by lgt (04-07-2017 14:32:30)

#6 04-07-2017 07:51:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks for that.  Looks like we may just replace the GoogleTrustedStores module with GoogleCustomerReviews.

Nick Hendler

#7 04-19-2017 07:53:52

sdn

I can amend xmodgoogletrustedstores_js.php to the new GCR code but Google says both pieces of code should be placed just before the closing </body> tag.

As it stands 'Print' inserts the badge code just before the closing </head> tag and 'body_insertbefore' inserts the order code below the opening <body> tag.

How can we get them to appear in the correct place or doesn't it matter?

Last edited by sdn (04-19-2017 07:54:38)

Simon

#8 04-19-2017 10:15:36

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Same method as body_insertbefore, but use body_insertafter.

Nick Hendler

#9 04-19-2017 12:31:02

sdn

Thats what I expected but nothing happens.

Have added "$body_insertafter  = $this->globals('core.body_insertafter');" to the variables, just above "$CORE_App =& $this->quick_object('CORE_App','core');"

Have lines like "$body_insertafter .='<script src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js?onload=renderBadge" async defer></script>' . $eol;" for the GCR code.

And "$this->globals('core.body_insertafter',$body_insertafter);" just under "$this->globals('core.body_insertbefore',$body_insertbefore);".

What am I missing?

Last edited by sdn (04-19-2017 12:32:31)

Simon

#10 04-20-2017 07:27:07

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@sdn:  That should work.  Check to be sure the extension module is displaying something for the widget to the page source.  If not, start looking for reasons the widget might not be on.  Or, check your modifications for possible syntax errors.

Nick Hendler

#11 04-20-2017 07:39:32

sdn

This is the badge code that works using Print

print '<script src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js?onload=renderBadge" async defer></script>' . $eol;
print '<script>' . $eol;
print 'window.renderBadge = function() {' . $eol;
print 'var ratingBadgeContainer = document.createElement("div");' . $eol;
print 'document.body.appendChild(ratingBadgeContainer);' . $eol;
print 'window.gapi.load(\'ratingbadge\', function() {' . $eol;
if (!(empty($googlebase_status))) {
     if (!(empty($shoppingid))) {
         print 'window.gapi.ratingbadge.render(ratingBadgeContainer, {"merchant_id": ' . $this->xhtml_encode($shoppingid) . ',' . $eol;
} // End of if statement.
print '"position": "BOTTOM_RIGHT"' . $eol;
print '});' . $eol;
print '});' . $eol;
print '}' . $eol;
print '</script>' . $eol;

but this does not

$body_insertafter .='<script src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js?onload=renderBadge" async defer></script>' . $eol;
$body_insertafter .='<script>' . $eol;
$body_insertafter .='window.renderBadge = function() {' . $eol;
$body_insertafter .='var ratingBadgeContainer = document.createElement("div");' . $eol;
$body_insertafter .='document.body.appendChild(ratingBadgeContainer);' . $eol;
$body_insertafter .='window.gapi.load(\'ratingbadge\', function() {' . $eol;
if (!(empty($googlebase_status))) {
     if (!(empty($shoppingid))) {
         $body_insertafter .='window.gapi.ratingbadge.render(ratingBadgeContainer, {"merchant_id": ' . $this->xhtml_encode($shoppingid) . ',' . $eol;
$body_insertafter .='"position": "BOTTOM_RIGHT"' . $eol;
$body_insertafter .='});' . $eol;
$body_insertafter .='});' . $eol;
$body_insertafter .='}' . $eol;
$body_insertafter .='</script>' . $eol;

Last edited by sdn (04-20-2017 13:41:15)

Simon

#12 04-20-2017 18:01:31

lgt
Website

Nick, isn't the Google Merchant Review & Badge mod coming out very soon, with the next update?

#13 04-21-2017 07:05:15

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Yes, it is.  At that point I'll be testing this myself and ensure it works.  Not sure by body_insertafter is not working for sdn.  Will have to backtrack to investigate.

Nick Hendler

#14 04-24-2017 04:29:17

sdn

I was keen to implement the code as we know that "very soon" has to be converted from the Kryptronic space time continuum into earth time. I don't have a formula for that although super string theory seems to be a good starting point. So... how long is that piece of string?

Last edited by sdn (04-24-2017 04:33:44)

Simon

#15 04-24-2017 07:35:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The current 9.0.2 update (started dev late January) currently contains 56 material software changes.  It was planned as a mini-update at less than 10 items.  Wasn't planning on it being that big, but it is what it is.  I believe there are 4 or 5 more small changes to implement, including this one, then it will be out the door.

Nick Hendler

#16 04-24-2017 09:18:45

sdn

OK thanks for the update and apologies for the cheap shot. I realise that trying to remain just behind the online curve is pretty demanding these days.

Simon

#17 04-25-2017 08:01:01

webmaster
Administrator
Website

"Kryptronic space time continuum" made my morning when I saw it smile  Basically we're at a point where a bunch of seasoned forum clients are running K9 and modification requests from those clients have been making it into the software.  The public release has been pushing as a result, not that it matters much as the goal here is to make 9.0.2 the first public release, and it's almost done.

Nick Hendler

#18 05-06-2017 11:38:47

lgt
Website

9.02 update is A-L-M-O-S-T done.  Just a few more additions that are worth the wait with the other additions that are worth the longer wait.

Hold on, the Google Merchant Review is in the final stages...

And, it is all going to be awesome.  Including the multi-site, which the core is done.  Juuussssttttt need to knock off the rough edges.

#19 06-06-2017 14:00:23

sdn

Hello. Hello, Kryptronic. This is Earth calling.

Where is the A-----L-----M-----O-----S-----T done 9.02 update?

Has it been transmitted from the Kryptronic space time continuum?

Is a combination of velocity and gravitational time dilation causing us to observe time at astronomically different rates?

Last edited by sdn (06-06-2017 14:01:14)

Simon

#20 06-07-2017 08:24:33

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The meat of the update is done.  I have been working for the past few weeks on security updates to better armor the system, forcing all admins using it into good password security practices.  Basically getting everything 100% in line with OWASP recommendations.  9.0.2 is the first public release, so I want to make sure everything is in it that needs to be and we don't have to do another update for at least a couple of months.  It's 98% ready, about to be packaged, will be out any time now.

Nick Hendler

#21 06-07-2017 19:00:49

lgt
Website

I've waited this long for multi-site.  What's another year or two?

#22 06-08-2017 07:53:45

geraldz

Will this XMOD conversion of Google Trusted Stores to Google Customer Reviews be compatible with CCP8?

#23 06-09-2017 08:54:13

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@lgt: That multisite setup will be done for you as soon as I get 9.0.2 installed for you.  Any day now.

@geraldz: We're not actively developing on the V8 platform.  No, we're not planning on releasing any more modules like Google Customer Reviews on that platform.

Nick Hendler

#24 09-26-2017 15:18:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This module is ready for update 9.0.2, which is pending release.  The Google Trusted Stores module has been decommissioned, and this new module is named Google Customer Reviews.

Nick Hendler

#25 09-27-2017 05:03:39

lgt
Website

I'm wringing my hands to get the Google Customer Reviews AND the customer product aggregate rating functioning.

Our perfect and nearly perfect metrics on Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Jet, and third-party merchant reviews not only gives shoppers confidence to buy from us, but is a source of great pride for my dedicated staff.

We have an oversized poster board "Wall of Shame," in the shipper's office listing late, poorly packaged, wrong or double shipped items.  Written in 2 inch high letters is one item, a vendor mistakenly double shipped a drop-ship item.

Board footer