Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-15-2002 13:12:06

Will
Website

CCP5 Question / Inventory

Question about the Inventory in CCP5.  Is it possible to have multiple items that have the same inventory item? 

Say Item 1, 2 and 3, all use 1 piece of inventory Item #xyz123

We offer a service.  Several different services require an inventory item that is the same as another service.  To date with CCP4 we havn't found a good method for managing inventory.  Just curious if the new model will support that.

Will

Will

#2 07-16-2002 08:17:56

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: CCP5 Question / Inventory

Couldn't you just create one product and have the different services as options?  That way the product gets inventoried and the options do not.

Nick Hendler

#3 07-16-2002 13:38:19

OK... Let me give you a better example. 

Palm V 8MB Memory Upgrade
Palm IIIe 8MB Memory Upgrade
Palm IIIx 8MB Memory Upgrade
Palm m100 8MB Memory Upgrade

All use the exact same part to perform, but we charge different amounts for different items.  We don't want to have one item with a drop down that they select the model they have because that just isn't as clean of a system.

We currently have a backend system that we are developing that is keyed in to the individual item #'s, that would be harder to make it sort through the description for that specific option.  We will just end up building inventory control in to our custom database that we will end up building.  It would of been nice to of seen this option in it.  I don't think I've ever voiced it before.  Who knows maybe in v 6.0 smile 

Will

#4 07-20-2002 09:01:34

webmaster
Administrator
Website

In CCP5, you could create an option called '8 MB Memory Upgrade' and use it with all the different products.  I think that may do exactly what you're looking for.  Each product wouldn't be priced - the option would.

Nick Hendler

Board footer