Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-12-2002 02:17:52

CCCP 5.0

Hello,

Just wondering what the cost will be to upgrade from 4.0 to 5.0?

Sincerely,

Thomas V. Horstmann, Jr.
President

wwwrailsnw.com

#2 07-12-2002 10:43:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: CCCP 5.0

The cost is $39.99 to go from CCP4 to CCP5.

Nick Hendler

#3 07-12-2002 14:22:47

Why so cheap?

With all the time and energy you are putting into that version, and for all the features that it will include, one would expect to spend hundreds.

I know you want to keep things affordable, but $39.00 seems too low. Oh well, with the program costing so little we will have plenty of money in our upgrade budget to have you do some customization, if needed.

Sincerely,

Thomas V. Horstmann, Jr.
President

wwwrailsnw.com

#4 07-12-2002 16:42:44

webmaster
Administrator
Website

That's for the upgrade from CCP4->CCP5.  CCP5 will retail for $149.99 and be on sale initially for the release at $99.99.

We're very flattered that you feel it is worth so much more.  Actually, we have been told that we may be losing business because the program is priced so low.

It is priced the way it is to make it affordable for everyone - we're not out to get rich on this - just to help everyone out and fund the operation.  If we can do what we love (hacking away) and you get a great product at a reasonable price - everyone is happy.

Isn't that what the net is all about?

Nick Hendler

#5 07-12-2002 17:46:03

>It is priced the way it
>is to make it affordable
>for everyone

That it is.

>If we can
>do what we love (hacking
>away) and you get a
>great product at a reasonable
>price - everyone is happy.

:-)

>Isn't that what the net is
>all about?

Not all have that attitude. I did an auction for some guys and the scripts were $200 and you paid through the nose for support. Just a mild hack you guys would probably charge $150 for these guys wanted $3,000. I ended up doing the hack for the customer myself and they paid me $300 for my time. It took me several hours. You could have done it in two or less, I'm sure.

#6 07-13-2002 11:00:35

webmaster
Administrator
Website

As I said, we're in it for the better of the community.  Sure, making money is nice, but not everything.  When I'm officially retired from all of this (many many many years from now), I'd like people to look back and say - that guy contributed something.

The net is truly amazing in the power it brings to people and the ability it gives people to do what they love.  For some, it's a shopping mall, for others a neat thing to play with, and for me, as with a lot of you other guys on this forum, it's a way of life.

Nick Hendler

Board footer