Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-13-2017 07:35:57

CrownRoyal

looking for ideas to add extra ship charge for specific packaging

Some of the products we've introduced into our v8 store have to ship in cylindrical tubes (like blueprints). A customer has three options, have it ship folded in an envelope (ship cost for an envelope is $5-6), download it, or have it shipped rolled (in a tube, cost about $13-14). Generally its costs about $8 more to ship in a tube than it does in an envelope.

I'm looking for ways to best present this. The retail price for the rolled option ranges from $14 to $60 depending on its size. Should I add the $8 to the price of the option to have it rolled? Doing that I feel misrepresents the market value of the product. But, on the other hand, showing a shipping cost of $13-14 might lead to a higher occurrence of abandoned orders.

Anyone have thoughts on what to do?

#2 02-13-2017 10:03:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: looking for ideas to add extra ship charge for specific packaging

This would be a good case for a product option in both V8 and V9 in my opinion.

Nick Hendler

#3 02-13-2017 10:21:50

CrownRoyal

So if I understand it, the tube should be a separate option, and then include a required extra shipping option for that tube option.

#4 02-14-2017 10:23:37

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I'd create the option as 'Shipping Options' and the choices would be envelope, tube or download in V8.  In V9 you'd just do envelope and tube, and leave the download option out.  In V9 tie that option to the shipped inventory item.  We're doing your V9 build now and as you know, the download is handled separately.

Nick Hendler

Board footer