Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-09-2017 11:22:27

zanart

Alternative to do_orderprocess function??

HI NIck
I cannot get to grips with your Batch Shipping Module and your Order Center. It seems hugely complicated and unneccessary for my requirements. For instance, I can't find a way to batch print new orders that have come in, and I can't find a way to reprint packing lists for one order. There also doesn't seem to be a way to batch mark orders as complete without uploading a csv. You seem to have to go into each order individually and update it, before navigating back to the order center and on to the next order.

Basically, I want my Batch Order XMOD back! so much easier. I have installed it but there is an error as ecom_order do_orderprocess function no longer exists. I can rewrite this function, but is there an alternative in ecom_order or ecom_orderman, or better still, can you rewrite the XMOD for V9

Rob

#2 02-09-2017 20:20:22

lgt
Website

Re: Alternative to do_orderprocess function??

I agree that the Order Center is clunky compared to the V8 BOM. And I'm not sure how to delete an order rather than just sending it over to Pending and Cancelled?

For us, the Batch Shipping Manager/ Create Batches is very workable.  If I had my say, each order would have the product, and USPS/FedEx/UPS/Other price with an override checkbox.  Nevertheless, it is magnitudes faster than the V8 BOM.

Okay, I admit I'm piggy backing on your post, lobbying where I can.

#3 02-10-2017 04:47:46

zanart

The BSM would work very well if you took orders, printed the order and dispatched the next day.
For us, we manufacture everything. Some orders take one day, some take 5 days. I want to batch manage my orders, not just when they are shipped.

There are lots of things I can no longer do.

Rob

#4 02-10-2017 09:56:33

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@zanart: I think you nailed in on the head when you said you can't come to grips with it.  The documentation isn't available to explain it clearly to you, so I'll address your situation here and I hope it makes more sense to you.  We've got another site (StylinStrings https://stylinstrings.com) that's on K9 doing custom manufacturing and utilizing BSM without any issues.  Actually, they love it.  It just took a minute to get the methodology down, and I'll outline it here:

You should think of BSM not only as a batch shipping manager, but a way to get order information into the real world (via batching orders into packing slips) and then later getting tracking info back into the system for those batched orders.  It is a batch order manager as well, that's why we dropped BOM.  This system is infinitely easier to use, if you use it correctly.  Let's start from the beginning:

(1) You've got BSM installed.  You've got orders, they can be batched.  You access Store / Batch Shipping Manager / Create Batches and ensure all the orders you want to batch are checked.  Batch them.

(2) You'll end up on the Store / Batch Shipping Manager / Print and Download page with just the batches you just created there.  You may have one or more batches, depending ultimately on the shipping methods for the items in the order and your BSM settings.  You could have UPS, USPS, FedEx and Other batches of orders.  For your case, you're not going to be interested in the pull list, but you will want to print 'Packing Lists' and if you are batching as Other, print the 'Import Template' CSV file.

(3) Distribute, hold or otherwise work with your packing lists to manufacturer your products.  StylinStrings attaches them to a project in their manufacturing facility and it stays with the item through the process.  Under Store / Component / Settings / Extension Module: Batch Shipping Manager you can adjust the length of time batches stay active anywhere from 7 to 90 days (default is 14 days) by adjusting the value for the Shipping Batch Retention Time setting.  You may want a longer timeframe if your manufacturing process is longer.

(4) When your product is ready to ship, ship it.  If you're using UPS WorldShip, USPS Stamps.com or FedEx ShipManager to ship you just need to scan the packing list into the software and ship it.  The shipping software will automatically update BSM with the tracking info and close the order out (if it's completely shipped).  If you're not using one of these software packages to ship your goods, you likely batched everything as Other.  That means you downloaded an 'Import Template' CSV file which has all your batch information in it.  For any orders you just shipped, enter the tracking info into the CSV file, and upload that file using Store / Batch Shipping Manager / Tracking CSV Import.

PLEASE NOTE: The act of completely shipping an order using BSM or any other utility in K9 will close the order out, if it's an Amazon or eBay order it will report tracking info back to the channel, all inventory is handled, and the customer is emailed, if that option is enabled under Store / Component / Settings / Order Manager.  When an order is closed (ie fully shipped) everything you would want and expect to be done is handled automatically.

So let's compare:

V8 with BOM:  Access BOM, check off individually all orders you want to work with, print invoices, manufacturer products and ship orders, access BOM and check off individually all orders you want to work with, hand enter tracking info for each, select the new order status as completed for each, process.

K9 with BSM: Access BSM, ensure all orders are checked, create batch and print packing lists, download CSV file, manufacturer products and ship orders.  One last possible step: Complete and upload CSV file for Other batch using BSM.

You asked another question about how to reprint an order packing slip.  You can do this by printing the slips for it's batch in BSM, or you can print an invoice for it using Order Manager for the order.  Or if you really want it in it's own batch, modify the order using Order Manager by changing something like the Shipping Address by adding a space to the address line (or something like that).  That will force the order out of it's batch and when you access BSM again you would have the option to batch that order again, possibly singly.  Another option you have is to batch all orders singly or in small groups if you prefer to work that way.

As far as your question as to the equivalent in K9 of V8's ecom_order do_orderprocess(), there isn't one, or at least it's not one function.  The best way to achieve what V8's ecom_order do_orderprocess() function does in K9 is to simply set the ecom_order.status=C and leave ecom_order.statuscompleted=0.  On the next 1 hour cron run that order will be picked up and run through full processing, with everything handled that you could possibly want.

Nick Hendler

#5 02-10-2017 10:50:54

zanart

What if I don't need a tracking number entered??
The Kryptronic generated order number is the tracking number, when combined with the delivery postcode.
My Order Complete email includes a link generated using the couriers URL, order number and postcode.

Therefore, I have no need to upload a CSV file. I just want to change the status of X number of orders to complete, as and when they are complete.

Regarding the CSV method, Every morning I batch print around 100-200 orders. The BSM will create a CSV template of these 100-200 orders. At the end of the day, I may have shipped 150 orders from the last 3 days batches. Now I have to go through the last 3 days worth of CSV templates and delete the orders that haven't been shipped, so that I upload 3 CSV files with orders that have been shipped.

This will be an incredibly time consuming task that will be prone to errors.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could create and upload my own file, but the software tags some extra digits to the ID column of the CSV file.

I need another option to batch mark orders as complete and process the emails, and the BOM worked very well for this purpose.

I will find a way, possibly just add a text field and submit button so I can just enter an order number and click submit to mark it as complete.

Last edited by zanart (02-10-2017 14:05:19)

Rob

#6 02-13-2017 10:05:54

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Can you use an SQL statement or job that executes SQL to accomplish what you want?  Because the program will support this.  Also, you don't need to enter an actual tracking number.  Simply entering 'SHIPPED' as the tracking number is sufficient.

Nick Hendler

#7 02-13-2017 10:57:02

zanart

Can you use an SQL statement or job that executes SQL to accomplish what you want?

This is basically what the BOM did.

The CSV upload is a great idea if you ship every order from every batch on the same day, we don't and far from it.

I can work with the BOM code to achieve what I want.

However, I think at some point you should look at making the BSM more adaptable for different scenarios.

Rob

#8 02-14-2017 09:21:59

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks.  Setting status=C on orders will achieve what you want.  If you do that, cron will pick them up on an hourly run and do the right thing with each one.  It would be fairly trivial to create an XMOD that lists all open orders and allows you to check off the processed ones to complete them, if that's what you're looking for.

Nick Hendler

Board footer