Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-07-2017 12:08:50

larry

sales tax

In  System / Component / Settings / Tax Settings  ->  the state is checkmarked
In System / Locations / States and Provinces -> the tax rate is set for the state

Each item on the offer uses the "standard" tax class, and for state/prov. (we let them default)

Entered a test order to ship to that state (to keep it simple, bill-to is the same)

Tax is not applied. 

Am I missing something?

Laurie Stephens

#2 02-08-2017 19:41:09

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: sales tax

According to your post, you have everything configured properly, should be charging tax, unless the customer account you're using is marked as tax exempt.  Check that.

Nick Hendler

#3 02-08-2017 20:03:52

larry

I'm using the guest checkout.  made sure cache was cleared.  changed names and addresses just in case.   still no tax.  Is there a test system I can try?

Our version is 9.0.1

Also just activated a different state.  logged in as a basic user account.  no tax exempt on the account.  changed the billing and shipping address to new state.  still no tax.

Last edited by larry (02-08-2017 20:11:01)

Laurie Stephens

#4 02-08-2017 21:40:32

stage

I can only comment that it's working okay for me.  I have a plain user account I use for testing.  When I log in as that, and put an item in the shopping cart, at the checkout screen in the top section Order Totals I see tax listed underneath the delivery charge.  Then I hit Update Billing Information further down on the same page, changed the state and zip code, and when I closed the update window the page automatically refreshed and the tax was gone.  I'm on 9.01 also,

FYI,
Nathan

#5 02-08-2017 23:43:18

larry

I ran the debugger on a guest checkout with simple test part number with standard tax, billed/shipped to Idaho. here's the tax section.

CORE_DB_mysqli::xsql_do: The MySQLi extension executed statement: SELECT id, taxrate, taxship FROM core_stateprov WHERE id='California' OR id='Idaho' ORDER BY id ASC

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: Loaded state/province tax information.

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: State/Province tax defined as: 0

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: State/Province tax basis was defined as: Array ( )

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: State/Province tax rate basis was defined as: Array ( )

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: State/Province shipping tax defined as: 0

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: State/Province shipping tax rate defined as: 0.000

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: Country tax defined as: 0

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: Country tax basis was defined as: Array ( )

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: Country tax rate basis was defined as: Array ( )

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: Country shipping tax defined as: 0

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: Country tax refund defined as: 0

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: Country tax refund basis was defined as: Array ( )

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: Country tax shipping refund defined as: 0

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: Country shipping tax rate defined as: 0.000

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctaxes: Completed calculating taxes. Returning true.

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctotals: Completed calculation of order totals.

ECOM_Checkout::cocalccustomsurcharge: Custom surcharge scripting is not active.

ECOM_Checkout::cocalctotals: Completed calculation of order totals.

CORE_Display::include_file: Started file: /apps/ecom/ECOM/includes/coformintro.php

it looks like the rate is 0, from the debugger, but here is the line in core_stateprov for Idaho.

"Idaho","ID","6.000","0.000","1","1","United States","100","0"

Any thoughts?  I can rerun the installer, but what do I refresh?  No code changes were made in checkout.

Laurie Stephens

#6 02-09-2017 09:02:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I've just set up the dev site so PA tax is charged.  You can verify it works here:

https://kryptronic.com/DEV/public/

The only other thing I can think of is that your items are not shipping FROM Idaho or California.  Check that.  You'll look under Store / Inventory / Vendors for dropship locations, and under Store / Component / Settings / Shipping Settings at the Local Warehouse Location for items you fulfill.

Nick Hendler

#7 02-09-2017 10:57:40

larry

IMHO, it doesn't matter where the item ships from.   We, as a retailer have a presence in Idaho, and therefore must collect sales tax from an Idaho customer, if the item is shipped to Idaho.  The contract (sale) is between us, as a retailer and an Idaho customer.   Our dropshipper location doesn't have anything to do with it.

See page 18; Idaho Sales Tax Rules:  "Sales Tax Responsibilities of the Retailer"   as it relates to drop shipments from sources without an Idaho nexus.

https://adminrules.idaho.gov/rules/current/35/0102.pdf

Last edited by larry (02-09-2017 11:10:11)

Laurie Stephens

#8 02-10-2017 09:08:18

webmaster
Administrator
Website

After I posted back yesterday and I thought about this.  You didn't say so, but it appears you're a retailer with nexus in different states.  What you're running into makes sense, and something I didn't see in beta.  Most merchants wouldn't.  I think V8 worked for this because it was much less diligent in how it handled shipping locations and how they relate to taxation among other things.

K9 needs to be updated to handle your scenario as the tax logic was revamped to avoid home-state nexus when dropshipping.  Update 9.0.2 is pending and I have just noted to add a setting that allows you to switch the default behavior over to forcing taxation when delivering to all selected taxable locations, regardless of ship origin. This update was scheduled to go in today.  Might push to Monday, but when it comes out, apply it, and follow the instructions provided to update the new setting to get it behaving the way you want.

Nick Hendler

#9 02-10-2017 09:26:29

larry

Thanks Nick!

Laurie Stephens

#10 02-10-2017 09:57:02

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I aim to please smile

Nick Hendler

#11 02-10-2017 16:25:23

stage

I collect tax in 3 states, regardless of the shipping point, so this update will be very useful to me also.  I need to collect tax on all deliveries to those 3 states, unless I have entered a tax exemption number in the customer's account.

Thanks.

#12 02-13-2017 10:07:19

webmaster
Administrator
Website

It looks like the update will hit the central server and be available for download tomorrow.  A flag was added in to allow forcing of tax calcs regardless of shipping origin (selections in Tax Settings take precedent).

Nick Hendler

#13 02-20-2017 11:50:15

larry

Did the update on the central server happen for this issue?

Laurie Stephens

#14 02-20-2017 13:32:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Not yet.  Chrome just updated and we're putting some stuff in the update to handle those changes.  Coming ASAP.  Might be as soon as tonight.

Nick Hendler

#15 02-27-2017 11:41:50

larry

we hacked the ECOM_Checkout.php cocalctaxes to comment out the code that checks shipping origin.  Wanted to make sure this wasn't a barrier to going live.   

Code:

// +--
               // | CALCULATION: State/Province Tax
               // +--

$chargesptax = 1;
// 022517 removed special logic for sales tax based on ship origin
//                $taxorigin   = $localwarehouse_shipstateprov;
// 
//                if (!(empty($cartdata['sinshipinfo']['shipstateprov']))) {$taxorigin = $cartdata['sinshipinfo']['shipstateprov'];}
// 
//                if (!(array_key_exists($delstateprov,$stateprov))) {$chargesptax = 0;}
//                if ($taxorigin != $delstateprov)                   {$chargesptax = 0;}

Laurie Stephens

#16 02-28-2017 08:19:29

webmaster
Administrator
Website

That's basically exactly what the new nexus setting in update 9.0.2 does when set to on.  Good job. That update is actually posting tonight.  I know it's been delayed, but there's a bunch of good stuff in it.

Nick Hendler

Board footer