Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-06-2017 08:39:19

zanart

Recommended procedure for creating/cloning a new product.

HI Nick

I seem to be having a similar problem to a previous form poster.
https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?id=33329

I am trying to add new products, similar to existing products.

First I create a new inventory item(not cloned).
Then I clone an existing product offer and change all the details.
I enter the new inventory item in Configure - All Types and Submit.

Go back into the product offer and the Inventory Item Id has reverted back to the original number from the cloned product offer.

I spent a fair while the other day trying to save the Reg Each / Vol Sch* to a cloned product offer which kept reverting back to the same price.

I assume an inventory item should be created first, and then the product offer???

When you clone or create a new product and associate it with an Inventory ID, when is the row in the ecom_pricemap created?
When I submit a new product offer from a cloned product with a different inventory ID I would expect a new row to be created in ecom_pricemap, but there isn't

Rob

#2 02-06-2017 09:40:42

zanart

Re: Recommended procedure for creating/cloning a new product.

Nick

Sort of worked it out, and it isn't a kryptronic problem.

What I normally do is add a few additional namespace so I have extra backend links to smaller sets of Product Offers.

So, I clone the manageprod namespace, and change it to manageprod_frames or whatever. In the funcparams I add

Code:

SELECT {COLS} FROM ecom_prod WHERE manufacturer='frames'

I then have a extra backend link for Store>Catalog>Products-Frames

This works well for me and I can break down the products by manufacturer.

However, if I update a product through the new namespace, anything to do with the inventory controls are not saved.
If I go through the normal Product Offers Link, they are correctly saved.

Can I get this to work??

Rob

#3 02-07-2017 09:15:01

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Execute this in Raw DB Admin:

Code:

SELECT * FROM core_dbguided WHERE id LIKE 'ecom.manageprod.%'

This is going to give you a bunch of entries that handle all kinds of things for the manageprod namespace when working with the guided database interface.  You're basically going to want to duplicate these for your namespace.  For your new entries, replace 'manageprod' with 'manageprod_frames' in the id and xns columns. You can probably skip any with 'DISABLEDEL' in the name, unless those offers show up in your namespace's offer listing.

Once those entries are added, you're namespace will perform all proper updates.

Nick Hendler

#4 02-07-2017 09:51:23

zanart

Thanks Nick.
Products now update correctly.

Any chance you could add a few filters to the top of Dashboard / Store / Catalog / Product Offers.
Drop down list of Manufacturers and Categories would be good. So you select a specific Manufacturer or Category, and only associated products are shown.
Also, page navigation at the top of the page(as well as the bottom) so you don't need to scroll all the way to the bottom to go to page 2, etc.

Rob

#5 02-08-2017 19:43:55

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I like the page nav at the top suggestion, may add that in the next update.

As far as filters, that's what the search is for.  Set your search field to manufacturer and enter the manufacturer id and the fields you want to see as well as the order you want to see them in.  The search will remember your settings so when you return to it you'll only have to change the manufacturer id to get a new result set.

Also, check out the Bulk Pricing Editor XMOD if what you're doing is pricing updates by manufacturer.  That will enable you to drill down and get those price changes done quickly using ajax searches on manufacturer, name, etc.

Nick Hendler

#6 02-09-2017 06:39:30

zanart

I've added a few links to the quick menu in the skin.php

Code:

$navmenu .=  '<li><a href="/admin.php?app=ecom&ns=manageprod&func=dbsearchproc&searchcol=manufacturer&searchstr=*******">Product Offer - *****</a></li>';

This seems to work well and avoids the need a new namespace.

Rob

#7 02-09-2017 09:03:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Nice workaround.  I like that.

Nick Hendler

Board footer