Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-29-2017 07:34:56

Graham
Website

Add text to Payment Method Selection at checkout

I've had problems with apparently abandoned carts where someone has got to the checkout, started the payment process, but then the order is left in the Pending and Cancelled folder saying "Pending Payment".

I didn't know why this was happening until a customer contacted me recently and told me that when they used the WorldPay payment gateway, it wouldn't accept their input in the "Confirm you are human" section.

I contacted WorldPay and they said that it was due to the customer using an older version of a browser (especially on Apple devices).

So what I want to do is add some text in the Payment Method Selection suggesting that, if people have this problem, they could either update their browser, try PayPal instead or, alternatively, contact us (with a link to the contact form)., but I'm not sure where to add this.

Could someone point me in the right direction, please.

#2 01-30-2017 07:03:26

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Add text to Payment Method Selection at checkout

There are two places where this would go well:

(1) Edit the include {private}/apps/ecom/ECOM/includes/olpform.php - put a strong note at the top and it will show for all payment methods, above the selection.

(2) Edit the WorldPay gateway and in the form content section, in the description, add your note there.  Will show up for WorldPay orders only, but you'll lose the bold/strong tags.

Nick Hendler

#3 02-01-2017 06:07:49

Graham
Website

Thanks for that, but it's not quite what I'm looking for as, the olpform description only appears if someone mouses over the tool-tip and if someone clicks on the WorldPay gateway option, it just goes straight to their page.

I think the best place would be on the CheckoutIntro page, just underneath "Payment Method Selection" and above .

Code:

Payment Method Selection*
     Purchase using your Credit or Debit card
     Purchase using PayPal

Please can you tell me where that's printed out so I can include the message there.

#4 02-01-2017 08:51:26

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Wrap that description in paragraph tags (<p></p>) and it will display in regular fashion, not as a tooltip.  Checkout Intro is edited here:

{private}/apps/ecom/ECOM/includes/coformintro.php

Just add whatever you like and it will be printed at the top of checkout.

Nick Hendler

#5 02-02-2017 06:42:49

Graham
Website

Thanks again, but neither of those seem to work.

This is (roughly) what appears on the page when the customer first clicks on the checkout button. I want the message to appear below the title "Payment Method Selection"

(NB The only payment methods I use are "Purchase using your Credit or Debit card" which goes directly to the WorldPay gateway or "Purchase using PayPal" which goes directly to PayPal)

Code:

Order Totals
Item Subtotal      £ 6.00
Delivery Total      £ 3.50
Total      £ 9.50
Billing Information

Billing Address

xxxxx

Email Address

xxxxxx

Telephone Number

Update your billing information.

Delivery Information

(Item  - Description)

Quantity: 1

Delivery Address & Method

xxx
UK Royal Mail - £ 3.50

Deliver this item to a different address.

Discounts, Coupons, Credits and Gift Certificates

Discount Code

Other information

Where did you hear about us?

Terms and Conditions*

Click here to read the Affordable Leather Products Terms and Conditions (Opens in new window)
     I have read and accept the Terms and Conditions

Payment Method Selection

Payment Method Selection*
     Purchase using your Credit or Debit card
     Purchase using PayPal

Payment Information

Payment Information*
     Enter Payment Information

Last edited by Graham (02-02-2017 06:44:21)

#6 02-02-2017 08:06:19

webmaster
Administrator
Website

There's a form field in core_formfields for the payment method selection.  Access Raw DB Admin, that table and find the form field.  Edit the description as you like, use <p> tags in it so it doesn't display in a tooltip.

Nick Hendler

Board footer