Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-27-2017 14:58:57

stage

delivery address and shipping estimator

I'm getting a "Shipping Calculation Error" at the estimator screen.
I'm also getting a "The delivery address you entered is not valid" at the checkout screen, and wondering if those two things are related.

Is there a place to turn on debugging?
I'm using realtime Fedex Web Services only.

Thanks,
Nathan

#2 01-30-2017 07:10:41

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: delivery address and shipping estimator

Yes, they are related.  FedEx is not returning rates, so it's using the 'Shipping Error: Carrier Name' value for the carrier under Store / Component / Settings / Shipping Settings.  The default there is 'Error Calculating Rates'.  Checkout looks for the string 'error' in the method name to produce a no-go error in checkout when rates cannot be calculated.  To avert this, change the 'Shipping Error: Carrier Name' value to something that does not contain the string 'error' like 'Problem Calculating Rates'.  This will get checkout active in this case for you.

Now as far as debugging FedEx, these instructions work for turning it on in K9:

https://kryptronic.com/blog/2012/08/sit … -debugger/

Nick Hendler

#3 01-30-2017 17:39:10

stage

I turned on debug according to these instructions, and the display got all messed up with lots of content missing.  I set debug back to 0 and the problem persisted.  I cleared the cache, tried a different browser, and the problem persisted.  Finally I restored the public and private directories from a backup, then the display was back to normal.

I didn't try to recreate it again, it's possible there was a different cause.  But I don't think so.

#4 01-31-2017 08:43:48

webmaster
Administrator
Website

It sounds like you corrupted CORE.php on upload.  That should have been the only file modified when you turned on debugging.

Nick Hendler

#5 03-07-2017 15:46:25

stage

As a followup to the above corrupted CORE.php when I tried to turn on debugging, I was editing it using the File Manager in my host's control panel.  I put in a support ticket at my host and they replied:

"We managed to reproduce the issue when we saved the CORE.php file with the "Unicode, Worldwide ( UTF-8 )" encoding. If the file is saved with the "USA / Western European ( ISO-8859-1 )" encoding, then there are no problems."

Apparently that UTF-8 was the default.  Anyway this is just an FYI in case anybody else experiences a similar issue.

Nathan

#6 03-08-2017 17:02:48

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the post back on this.  Makes sense as CORE.php is the only file that provides functions to translate encoding to UTF-8.

Nick Hendler

#7 08-28-2019 08:25:06

Panmanjon
Website

Re 2 above - brilliant solution, I was going round in circles till I looked at the post - fixed the problem immediately - maybe 'Problem Calculating Rates' should be the default at installation?

Board footer