Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-02-2017 19:13:28

coatzel21
Website

Add Custom orders to an account

What would be the best way to go about this. Say if an admin or a member of the salesteam wanted to create a custom order( adding product selection items for a unit) and adding it to a user's cart. Thanks

#2 01-03-2017 08:00:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Add Custom orders to an account

I wish it were simpler than this, but upgrade to version 9 this month, and get the Point Of Sale module for it.  You would have this capability out of the box as well as the ability to place the order for the customer, if you wanted.  There is NO easy way to do this on V8 without hand-building cart entries in the ecom_cart table tied to the customer's session.

Nick Hendler

#3 01-03-2017 15:08:22

coatzel21
Website

Ok looking forward to it. Is there a demo site available to login and it out?

Also one of my concerns is the product options, I recall that you wrote they were dead(kind of) but selling industrial computers with alot of
product options Drives, Memory, Os, etc etc. It's a big need for us - is this going to transfer easily in the migration?

#4 01-04-2017 08:40:39

webmaster
Administrator
Website

No public demo is up yet for the backend.  Should be up soon.  Everything as far as the website, documentation and demos are all coming together at once over the next week or so.

You may have some issues with the conversion if you're using options in V8 to track inventory.  In an ideal world on K9 I would think all those drivers, memory and actual physical items would be made into inventory items so they can be tracked and possibly depleted, and obviously shipped.  Things like software, on the other hand, should stay as options, tied to the main item.  The custom shop can help with your conversion if it's beyond the capabilities of the importer.  Yours may be.  I think what you're going to end up doing is changing from this option-based setup to something more along the lines of the custom package offer type (which is brand new to K9):

https://kryptronic.com/DEV/public/Item/ … Guitar-Rig

Nick Hendler

#5 01-04-2017 10:15:54

coatzel21
Website

We don't use this software to track inventory so it's ok. Some individual parts will be fine as a standalone inventory but others like with Processor's the price will vary depending on what type on unit it's configured with. Sounds like the custom package can address this.

Looking forward to getting a closer look at this I know your team has been putting a lot of hard work into it.

Also in regards to the module conversion upgrades does the BOM management system have an equivalent  upgrade?

Last edited by coatzel21 (01-04-2017 10:16:41)

#6 01-05-2017 09:37:07

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The generic term 'Inventory Items' is used in K9 to denote physical (shipped or dropshipped) items that are inventoried somewhere.  These items may have inventory controls turned on, but that's not necessary.  If you have a shipped item, it's going to best be set up as an Inventory Item in K9.  This will become apparent as you work with the software and see how orders are processed and shipped.

The Batch Order Management (BOM) module was obsoleted with K9.  In it's place is a brand new Order Center, and to expedite shipping, the Batch Shipping Manager (BSM) module is available.  Everyone using K9 who has transitioned from BOM to BSM loves it.  One client went from struggling to ship 40 packages a day with V8/BOM to shipping well over 250 packages a day using K9/BSM and having time to spare. 

(Yes, the added package volume is due to increased sales on K9, being able to offer more inventory quicker, and being able to sell on Amazon and eBay.)

Nick Hendler

#7 01-24-2017 14:41:04

coatzel21
Website

Nick how is that demo / documentation coming along?

#8 01-25-2017 09:11:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Check the V9 forum.  First post has a link to the manual currently being developed.  Should be finished over the next few days.

Nick Hendler

#9 01-25-2017 10:52:09

west4
Website

Nick,

Where is this Manual link? I can only find a reference to the manual being shared to v9 users when requested.

Cheers,
Bruce.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#10 01-25-2017 12:47:00

gfrracing
Website

Here A Link : https://kryptronic.com/DEVMANUAL/  The ones in Red are still being worked on.

Thanks, Gary

Board footer