Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-27-2016 11:04:08

jj1987
Website

Excited for Monday!

I see v9 is going live Monday, whohoo!
https://kryptronic.com/blog/2016/07/kry … edule-set/

– August 29, 2016: V9 will be made available for sale on the Kryptronic website with all supporting documentation, software, modules, etc. being made available at the same time.

-James Garrett

#2 08-27-2016 17:50:21

lgt
Website

Re: Excited for Monday!

Oh man, I wouldn't count on that.  The blog date was in July, old news.  There has been extensive-improvements since then.

I don't have any inside information but I'm thinking it is going to be later in the week or next with a rolling release with pre-orders that will probably be first in line.

V9 is different than anything out there.  If it were released to everyone at once then the board and support staff would be pounded like a cheap.. um cheap... cheap steak.  Yeah cheap steak.

The back end is going to seem familiar but so different.  Some things are gone, some have moved, most is new, and a lot of things are going to be WTF.

The conversion software does the best it can, but it's not complete.  No way, there is too much new information that has to be added in new places.  So there is going to have to be a lot of manual updating.  A one-time effort for a long term benefit.

My strongest advice is when the demo comes out to play with it.. a lot.  I was lucky that Nick could spend the vast time with me that he did because I screwed up everything.

Very soon the future of cart programs is going to be released and you're going to get a look in to power of awesome.  Even if you don't understand it at first.

Last edited by lgt (08-27-2016 20:13:53)

#3 08-28-2016 08:23:23

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Release date pushed to Sept 12, 2016.  Full details here:

https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic. … =5#p157674

Basically we added a bunch of stuff.  lgt hits the nail on the head here.  We are not trying to sell V9 to everyone, and it is certainly not built for everyone, either.  V1-V8 we produced a program that could be used by anyone to sell goods on the Internet in a quick and easy fashion.  For V9, the goal was completely different.  Our goal with V9 was to produce A high-end solution which handled every aspect of:

(1) Selling on multiple distinct sites all run using the same backend (ala MultiSite)
(2) Selling on multiple channels (website, Amazon, eBay)
(3) Selling in multiple offer configurations (service items, inventory items, package deals, custom packages)
(4) Sharing inventory and providing seamless dropship support using shared inventory across all multisites, channels and offers
(5) Providing full support for order entry via POS and returns, warranty returns, damage claims and order modifications
(6) Providing full support for batch order shipment through UPS WorldShip, FedEx ShipManager and UPS Stamps.com using thermal printers
(7) Providing full support for integration with Quickbooks accounting via the web connector
(8) Doing all this in the most seamless, intuitive fashion so as to allow for ease of management and workflow speed

V9 was built to provide a single interface that sells, ships and accounts for an operation that ships anywhere from 10 to several thousand packages a day.  It has been beta tested at a level of 800 packages a day with absolutely no speed degradation.  It is built for a store owner who knows what they are doing and is serious about their operation.  This is not for some guy who wants to sell homemade man candles on the web.  WooCommerce would be good for that.  This is not for the lady who would be better served selling her crochet items on etsy.  V9 is for serious business owners who was full end-to-end automation from their solution.

lgt commented to me via email the other day that no other program does what V9 does.  Some attempt to, but none do it as well.  I find that hard to believe, but he's shopped this around.  So I guess we achieved the impossible and I can't wait to get it out there and see what you can do it with.  It's coming Sept 12, 2016 for certain.

Nick Hendler

#4 08-29-2016 06:22:10

lgt
Website

Wow! Mentioned several times in one blurb.  Now I know how Trump felt watching the Democratic National Convention.

I'm trying to rub the lamp hard enough to get a wish, or update, or maybe even an elusive Kryptronic calendar with decoder ring.

What is your vision for V8 moving forward?

#5 09-01-2016 08:30:01

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@lgt: You're infamous.  I mean famous.

Everyone is being very patient on pending installs, quotes, etc. and it's very much appreciated.  Just to give everyone a small update, currently warranty return functionality is being expanded and shipper damage claim functionality is being added.  Final testing on the Quickbooks module happens this weekend.

Nick Hendler

#6 01-01-2017 10:04:42

tony
Website

I was kind of exicited til I saw the costs and I cant afford that. I have issues in ver 8 that still do not work and I cant afford to fix them it seems things happen on our site and we cant find anyone to work on ccp except Kryptronic and they are getting too expensive ver 9 costs more than we made with ver 8 and we paid for version upgrades that we could not even use and no one cared to ask if it was good or not or if we were happy and the new ver disapeared because we did not use it and I guess you needed the disk space. I am affraid to order ver 9 as I just cant afford it. I am very disapointed at the costs but it is out of the question as we get one order a week and the SEO we paid for did nothing I think. OH well I am glad you are all happy I would feel better if we were making any money off the site?

#7 01-01-2017 22:00:02

lgt
Website

Hi Tony,

V9 or K-9 or whatever it is officially called, is NOT expensive.  In fact, for what is in the package it's downright cheap.

We use eBay & Amazon as well as our websites.  For everything to be controlled at one website is AWESOME!  Before we'd have to check each website, then Amazon, then eBay, and cycle throughout the day.  Copy and paste shipping was exhaustively slow.

Today, we can print out 250 shipping labels and invoices in about 5 minutes.  My shipper has went from 40 hours a week down to 28.  Which is good for him because he works nights at FedEx.

Managing inventory at one location is a soooo sweet.  We've went from about 200 sku's to over 8,000.  We now have a blend of shipping from our location and drop shipping.  Even better, when we're out it automatically sends the order to the vendor so it still gets out the same day- automatically!

ChannelAdvisor and T-Hub (which never really worked for me), would cost me more than a grand a month on the low and slow side. 

V9 allowed us to grow over 25% on Amazon this year.  After 3 years of sliding, eBay bumped up almost 15% from last year.  Because of the new lines we've added, Amazon should be up over 50% FY 2017.

It's a PITA to get everything in and it's a PITA to keep up with all the details.  But V9 is forcing us to do everything the right way.

I'm with you on V8, I never really liked it.  Frankly, I thought it was a step-back from V7. 

There's still some things that are on my wishlist for V9 and there are some things that I would like to work differently, but V9 is for small businesses that want to go big.

Last edited by lgt (01-02-2017 05:57:28)

#8 01-02-2017 09:56:09

webmaster
Administrator
Website

but V9 is for small businesses that want to go big

@lgt: Thanks for the post and the positive feedback.  I think you nailed it with what I quoted above.  My dad always said you need to get the right tool for the job.  Anyone who has ever built anything knows this to be a fact.  K9 is a great tool which can do wondrous things, and it was built to aid smaller businesses get to the next level, but those businesses need to put the time and resources into it.  K9 won't do the work for you, it's designed to guide you into doing it right.

Nick Hendler

Board footer