Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#151 10-27-2016 07:29:28

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Release Date Info and Example Links

I'm the one responsible for the development of the software, and for development on projects for a handful of clients.  We have a team for all the Custom Shop work.

Nick Hendler

#152 10-30-2016 10:04:34

lgt
Website

I feel compelled to step in again just to say that I don't see a wide release of V9 anytime real soon.  There are some fine details that need to be smoothed over and these can take time.

I don't know if Kryptronic is going to invite some others into the advanced release, certainly I hope so.  Ahhh, bring your checkbook 'cause it ain't cheap.

In my estimation, V9 is for companies with a minimum of $1.5 mil in annual sales.  By minimum $1.5 mil a year I really mean +$2 mil.

Next, V9 is extremely detailed and complex.  Far more than V8, no comparison.

In order to take advantage of V9, all the information has to be filled in which is mundane and time consuming.  It requires more than an order entry clerk.  It requires someone who has knowledge of the products and operations.

There is still constant change.  For example, vendor information needs to be entered completely and tied to a product inventory item. We didn't do that originally.

Well, now, P.O.'s can be automatically generated with drop ship info and tied right back into Quickbooks.  Didn't see that coming.

There are gobs of examples like that.

On the other hand, Amazon and eBay channels are functioning fantastically!

The Batch Shipping is functional, but still not ready for prime time. 

We're experiencing a 50% growth on Amazon and a slight increase on eBay.  Which is actually a big increase because sales on eBay have been sliding for two years now.  855sheller.com continues to climb the SERP from a totally dead website 7 months ago.

I'm going to have to pay for a review auto-email request mod similar to what was in V7 and channels for Walmart.com & Jet.com.  That's why I'm anxious for V9 to open up to more sites, to share some of these expenses.

Like I said, bring your checkbook.

#153 10-30-2016 11:05:38

zanart

I've got money, and do over $2 million online, and have a reasonable knowledge of PHP/jQuery/JS.
What I don't have is any chance of getting a look at V9 anytime soon. I don't expect to see it until next year.

I would love to rip the software to bits and test it thoroughly, and I think Nick has missed out on gaining valuable insight by not allowing more people to get involved.

But it's Nick's Baby and entirely up to him how he operates.

Last edited by zanart (10-30-2016 11:28:41)

Rob

#154 10-30-2016 11:30:20

zanart

If V9 is as you say it is, more suited to bigger business with a higher operating budget, will a version of V8 still be available and supported?

Rob

#155 10-31-2016 08:17:40

jj1987
Website

lgt wrote:

I feel compelled to step in again just to say that I don't see a wide release of V9 anytime real soon.  There are some fine details that need to be smoothed over and these can take time.

I don't know if Kryptronic is going to invite some others into the advanced release, certainly I hope so.  Ahhh, bring your checkbook 'cause it ain't cheap.

In my estimation, V9 is for companies with a minimum of $1.5 mil in annual sales.  By minimum $1.5 mil a year I really mean +$2 mil.

Next, V9 is extremely detailed and complex.  Far more than V8, no comparison.

In order to take advantage of V9, all the information has to be filled in which is mundane and time consuming.  It requires more than an order entry clerk.  It requires someone who has knowledge of the products and operations.

There is still constant change.  For example, vendor information needs to be entered completely and tied to a product inventory item. We didn't do that originally.

Well, now, P.O.'s can be automatically generated with drop ship info and tied right back into Quickbooks.  Didn't see that coming.

There are gobs of examples like that.

On the other hand, Amazon and eBay channels are functioning fantastically!

The Batch Shipping is functional, but still not ready for prime time. 

We're experiencing a 50% growth on Amazon and a slight increase on eBay.  Which is actually a big increase because sales on eBay have been sliding for two years now.  855sheller.com continues to climb the SERP from a totally dead website 7 months ago.

I'm going to have to pay for a review auto-email request mod similar to what was in V7 and channels for Walmart.com & Jet.com.  That's why I'm anxious for V9 to open up to more sites, to share some of these expenses.

Like I said, bring your checkbook.

Are you in charge of marketing WooCommerce to the group? lol  Most clients on here have no where near the sales you describe.  I hope v9 stays simple enough that 99% of the existing client base can use it.

-James Garrett

#156 10-31-2016 09:13:39

lgt
Website

If anyone is looking at WooCommerce, they are soooo not looking for V9.

V9 is really a misnomer, It has been named Kryptronic with a new logo.  Instead of an upgrade, it is a totally, totally different system designed for mid-sized ecommerce.  It takes a whole new way of thinking.

#157 10-31-2016 09:57:12

juanstg

lgt wrote:

If anyone is looking at WooCommerce, they are soooo not looking for V9.

V9 is really a misnomer, It has been named Kryptronic with a new logo.  Instead of an upgrade, it is a totally, totally different system designed for mid-sized ecommerce.  It takes a whole new way of thinking.

And yet we are still waiting.  Here it is the 31st we still have nothing to see! 

Kryptronic eCommerce, which will replace ClickCartPro 8 and EuropaCart 8, is being released between October 20-31.

#158 11-01-2016 06:19:34

amdowney
Website

Well I gave it until today, but looks like I'll be buying another CS Cart licence. A far more accomplished package anyhow, just a bit more work to move across. Probably be quicker than waiting fore this though...

#159 11-01-2016 10:01:49

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Software release is underway.  I am hoping to have everything completed this week.  Please stay tuned for updates.

Concerning some of the comments made by lgt and jj1987, lgt is right in that V9 is a different animal that V8 (or anything else for that matter).  It's very encompassing in everything that it does, and handles so much more than V8 could have ever done.  The typical V8 mom and pop shop can certainly make use of V9, and find it fairly simple to use, while they use 15% of the inherent functionality in the software.  A power user, on the other hand, like lgt, may use 60% of the software's functionality and have a more complex configuration.  I believe it's well tuned for both applications, although do agree that it may be overkill if you're not using it to at least half it's potential.

Nick Hendler

#160 11-01-2016 11:23:33

otteriffic

I just checked my calendar and can't find

Novermber 2016

#161 11-01-2016 15:19:23

tuffmailers

What is the price going to be?

#162 11-02-2016 08:34:14

webmaster
Administrator
Website

otteriffic wrote:

I just checked my calendar and can't find

Novermber 2016

Thanks for pointing that out.

Nick Hendler

#163 11-02-2016 11:45:07

tuffmailers

If a launch is coming soon I think a price point would be helpful info.

#164 11-03-2016 08:00:07

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Pricing has not been finalized.  We keep looking at that, then more meaningful functionality ends up in the final release, affecting pricing.  To give some idea, prices should be roughly: Upgrade Licenses $400, Full Version Licenses $700-800, Amazon Module $250, eBay Module $250, Point of Sale Module $200, QuickBooks Module $200, most other modules $50-150 each.  Hosting plans are being formulated which provide different module combinations at different rates for monthlies.  Again, these are rough prices based on quotes and estimates from this past May.  Please be aware there are only around 20-25 modules available, as most functionality is in the base package.  I hope that helps.

Nick Hendler

#165 11-05-2016 07:30:46

Lee N

webmaster wrote:

We keep looking at that, then more meaningful functionality ends up in the final release.

You have OCD issues. It's affecting your business sense. You need to draw a line and get it done. The finished product will not be perfect no matter how much you think it is. The customers will pick holes and find issues that you overlooked, no matter how hard you try to get it perfect, that's human nature, we all work very differently from each other. In the meantime you are upsetting a good proportion of your long term, loyal customer base. Either finish it now or simply stop mentioning the words 'ready' and 'release date' ... until it's actually ready and released.
I've personally lost interest and I know I'm not alone. This doesn't mean I'll necessarily be jumping ship but my enthusiasm for upgrading has now gone, at least for the time being.

The pricing doesn't put me off personally if it is roughly around what you say and keep the self hosted option, without jumping on the "subscription only" bandwagon.

Lee

#166 11-06-2016 11:19:43

Gboyega

Hi Nick,
Kindly update the front page of your website.  it is showing  "Kryptronic eCommerce: Launches Sept 29"   or is this one going to take endless years to do.?  You are beginning to annoy a lot of your loyal customer now.
Forget about all this stories about loading it with all the exotic eCommerce features ,  Timing is very critical and postponing the launching every week is an indication that you are definitely having problems with it.  I do not  think i will want to be among the first set of customers to upgrade now because the signal we are getting from you is extremely bad.

#167 11-07-2016 09:48:52

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@Lee N: Thank you for your comments.  I understand where you are coming from.  This development effort is unlike any others we've done in the past.  In the past we've built a product based on our own requirements.  This time we have several sponsor clients who have been fueling the development process with their ideas and their wallets.  The meaningful requests I mention are things like adding business automation features which make the sponsors happy, as well as everyone who eventually purchases the final software.

@Gboyega, all:

We're delivering a full, complete ecommerce package here that's been built to handle multisite, multichannel ecommerce with full tracking of all inventory.  It's been three years in development and we're on the cusp of release.  There are no problems with the package.  In fact, it's in use on several production websites and already this year has demonstrated all functionality is working as designed.  We're seeing 35% increases in conversions on top of 30% increases in organic traffic with this software.  We're seeing Google Page Rank and Page Speed ratings through the roof.  We're seeing millions of dollars and pounds being made, and several thousand transactions every few days pass over this system.  We've run full debug on over 2,000,000 requests in the past six months - production requests.

This new V9 software is a commitment by Kryptronic to bring our loyal customers into the future with a platform that handles the business needs of today and tomorrow.  If it could have been launched before now, believe me it would have.  We've always had a policy to launch when ready, not a moment before, and while that has always caused some issues for our customers who want the software right away, in the end, it's always been well worth the wait, and in this case, especially.  That's how we've developed loyalty, by never, ever publishing a release that was not ready.

Nick Hendler

#168 11-07-2016 13:57:07

sdn

The problem is the endless broken promises of release dates. The first post for this topic dated 12-04-2015 stated "RELEASE IS UNDERWAY". Seven pages, 168 posts, 11 months and numerous broken release dates later we are still waiting. It should come as no surprise that people are complaining.

How many people want to be running a major site upgrade with all the potential for unforeseen problems when Christmas is less than 7 weeks away?

Maybe you should just keep developing and refining the software then release it as version 10 in the New Year as that sounds new and exciting unlike version 9 which I am completely sick of thinking about now.

Last edited by sdn (11-07-2016 14:04:31)

Simon

#169 11-07-2016 14:05:15

meshugy

I understand the frustration some people have expressed here and I suppose its warranted. But personally, I'd rather wait till Nick is 100% ready to release V9. A bug free, fully tested piece of software is so much more important to me than making some contrived release date.

Last edited by meshugy (11-07-2016 14:05:29)

#170 11-07-2016 14:32:01

juanstg

meshugy wrote:

I understand the frustration some people have expressed here and I suppose its warranted. But personally, I'd rather wait till Nick is 100% ready to release V9. A bug free, fully tested piece of software is so much more important to me than making some contrived release date.

That contrived release date was set a long time ago (not in a galaxy far far away).  I'm with you on wanting something 100% ready.  Just stop getting our hopes up that its going to be released then push it back, get our hopes up again, then push it back, get our hopes up...oh you get the point!

#171 11-08-2016 07:35:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the support.  It's frustrating on this end, too, believe me.  So much has been done in 2016 to this software that was not on the original spec, but made so much sense to do, it's incredible.  Looking at V9 as it sits, it's amazing to me it's come together the way it has, and yes, it has taken a long time, but the amount of work done in that time is astounding.  Your patience is greatly appreciated, and I'm glad you get that our 'when ready' policy is in place to ensure your satisfaction, and with this software, I am sure you will be highly satisfied.

We continue to move along on all fronts.  Documentation, demos and software are all forthcoming.

Nick Hendler

#172 11-29-2016 01:41:58

zanart

Is the release going to happen by tomorrow?

Rob

#173 11-29-2016 05:52:50

amdowney
Website

This has been seriously impacting the oldest store we have on this platform now as for a week this has had all of it's google product listings suspended in google due to lack of microdata on product pages. This is literally a detriment to the business now - CCP8 is so out of date now it is loosing stores money compared to the competition. Time to say good bye and good luck.

Last edited by amdowney (11-29-2016 05:54:04)

#174 11-29-2016 12:30:27

meshugy

@amdowney Are you sure CCP8 is the issue? I'm running CCP8 and micro data including pricing and reviews are being successfully processed by Google.

#175 11-30-2016 17:30:10

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@amdowney: Doesn't sound right to me.  Submit a ticket on this, though.  Microdata is available for V8 in the form of the RichSnippets module.  We could get that installed for you to clear up any issues, but I doubt you're getting banged for lack of microdata.

Nick Hendler

Board footer