Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-05-2002 08:47:49

Multiple Merchants?

I've been browsing a software that I could install at my site which would allow for multiple merchants, each with their own admin pages to admin their own store.  After not finding what looked to be a perfect software for the very steep price that they were asking, I'm now turning towards looking at software that's not designed to handle multiple merchants, but one I can install multiple times at the same site -- presumedly to give the same effect.

I'm wondering if anyone's done this -- I'd like to give your site a look.

If I do this, there'd be some options I'd like to "turn off" for my merchants.  Would I have to manually do this, or can I perhaps make myself an admin and them with a lower level of access?  The latter would obviously be easier for me.

Also, should I be worried about security risks if I do this?  The small group of merchants aren't people I'd fear intentionally trying anything -- I'm worried about a mistake on their part causing a problem if anything.

Thanks for any thoughts on this!

Victoria

#2 07-05-2002 09:31:36

Re: Multiple Merchants?

Forgot to ask, will this require me to purchase multiple licenses (such as one for each merchant), even though I'm housing this all at one site (my own site)?  That would drive up my costs substantially and make it probably not feasible for me.

#3 07-05-2002 12:03:46

Yes the software lic. for clickcartpro requires you to purchase a lic. for every site.  Even at the rate they charge its not bad for small site operartors.  We are currently building a small ecom package for our business customers that is based on CCP5 when its released.  We roll the costs of ccp into the base package setup which when done will include a manual with pictures and how to's and tips on how to get started with ecom.

bkw

#4 07-05-2002 17:06:12

I suppose if you're charging someone to get back your costs upfront, then it could work for you.  That's completely different than my business plan, however. 

Everyone here seems to be a retailer or developer.  My "store", however, will be as "mall owner" of this section of my site -- allowing a small group of retailers to have a small, free storefront at my site in exchange for a small percentage of their sales. 

So you see, I'm not wanting to use multiple copies of this software the way normal developers want to use it.  My wish is to find a single software which can handle multiple storefronts, but as I said, I've just not been happy with what I've been able to find out there, and am now researching resorting to this means of accompolishing my goal.

#5 07-05-2002 17:54:16

Well with version 5 thats coming out has vendor options(email and such)... so ou could list all products for one retailer under categories.. then sub categories for departments of their section.  Thats how I would do it.  You would have to process payments and pay the merchants less your fee's.

It would be more like a mall then.

bkw

#6 07-05-2002 17:58:07

Let me clarify this a bit more:

Mall(main splash page):
  Store1(category):
    Dept1(sub-category):
    Dept2:
    Dept3:
  Store2:
    Dept1: