Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 10-07-2016 15:44:43

Thom
Website

Error with PayPal (Standard Method) - Payment Form

Today I have had a few customers report that they receive an error when they come back from making payment thru PayPal. The payment goes thru and the order is set as Pending Shipment. I receive payment and the order email confirmation. I was able to reproduce the error. Here is what the cart shows when the customer comes back to the cart.

"The following error occurred while attempting to process your transaction:
A complete common gateway interface request was not received by the online processor. The request was missing all required parameters."

As far as I know this started today. Any ideas?

Thom-

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - AUNTIE MAME

#2 10-07-2016 22:50:55

Iceit88
Website

Re: Error with PayPal (Standard Method) - Payment Form

Following this post as I have this same or similar problem about once every few days.  My best guess after troubleshooting this for months is possibly a slow hosting server that occurs from time to time and the transaction times out before it completes?

Last edited by Iceit88 (10-07-2016 22:51:49)

Bryan

Hat Trick Sports, LLC

#3 10-10-2016 07:17:40

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@Thom: It sounds like IPN (instant payment notification) worked and the return from PayPal for the customer didn't contain order parameters.  Make sure you didn't change anything recently on the PayPal side that overrides how PayPal is supposed to return customers to your site (the link/post back should contain order information and a status code).

Nick Hendler

#4 10-10-2016 07:18:13

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@Iceit88: Intermittent return issues are usually due to slow hosting.  Or an overloaded mail server.

Nick Hendler

#5 10-10-2016 09:35:19

Thom
Website

webmaster wrote:

@Thom: It sounds like IPN (instant payment notification) worked and the return from PayPal for the customer didn't contain order parameters.  Make sure you didn't change anything recently on the PayPal side that overrides how PayPal is supposed to return customers to your site (the link/post back should contain order information and a status code).

I have not made any changes with the Paypal side. From personal experience with my PayPal account I know they have been having problems with their site revamping. I have had troubles capturing payments and receiving "Fatal Errors" when checking transactions so my guess it's a PayPal problem. I have added a note to "ecomrelay.php" to let the customer know that the order did go thru and to disregard the notice below.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the change to RSA-256 security.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,
Thom

Thom-

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - AUNTIE MAME

Board footer