Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-22-2016 15:20:36

GlennMUK

Continuously logged out due to inactivity from mgmt interface

Hi

Everytime I try to do anything in the management interface, I get the following message and I am forced to log back in again.

<<You have been automatically logged out due to a period of inactivity and cannot access the page requested. Please login again to access the requested page. >>

I was clicking around the section System, Component, Settings when this started happening.
The only changes I think I made were to the social media page options.  I emptied out all of the fields on this page to leave them all blank.

Any other pages I try to update now, I am hit with a message to say that I haven't completed all required fields, when I have.

And then I need to login all over again.

I deleted cache/cookies and even re-ran the installer but the problem persists.  Any ideas?
I would go back and put the information back in each of the social media fields but I don't have the exact text that I deleted.

Any ideas?

thanks
Glenn

#2 08-23-2016 07:51:57

zanart

Re: Continuously logged out due to inactivity from mgmt interface

Location: System Dashboard > System > Component > Settings > Session and Cookie Settings

Rob

#3 08-23-2016 08:20:51

GlennMUK

thanks for that - I must have changed them!

would you have a copy of what should be in there so I can make any changes I need to?

Cheers
Glenn

#4 08-23-2016 09:05:41

zanart

I would check in the demo backend to see the original settings.

Rob

#5 08-24-2016 04:05:08

GlennMUK

Thanks zanart

I figured out what the problem was.  I have recently installed a new password manager program on my PC.  It uses browser plugins and when I was flicking through these parts of the management console, it over wrote something in the cookies section and prepopulated two of the fields on that screen and wouldn't allow me to reset them.  In the end, I had to edit those fields directly in the database. Absolute nightmare.

Anyway,  password manager has now been uninstalled!  I'll go back to my old system of using notepad!

Thanks for your help.

Glenn

#6 08-24-2016 11:58:45

jj1987
Website

For a password manager, LastPass is awesome

-James Garrett

Board footer