Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-03-2016 04:23:59

Graham
Website

Spike in number of pageviews and size of core_sessions

My site got hit by some sort of bot or similar because, on one day, my pageview numbers went up by 10 times the usual number.

This has also caused core_sessions to increase massively in size which my hosts don't like :-(

So, two questions:

1) Does core_sessions actually have any relevant data that I need to keep or can I simply trucate the file?

2) Where can I edit the figure for the number of page views to bring it down to some sort of reasonable level because it's totally skewing the graph on the System Dashboard page?

#2 08-04-2016 07:37:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Spike in number of pageviews and size of core_sessions

(1) You can truncate core_sessions, that's not a problem, but it will affect carts, so I recommend making all the following changes by executing individual SQL statements:

# Delete all sessions

DELETE FROM core_sessions

# Delete session references for users

UPDATE core_users SET lastsid=''

# Delete all carts

DELETE FROM ecom_cart

Note that one of the first two statements will log you out of admin.  You'll have to log back in to finish entering all three.

(2) You can edit the number of pageviews for a particular day by accessing the core_statsfe table.  To change pageviews for a certain date do something like this:

UPDATE core_statsfe SET hitcount='1000' WHERE id='DAYLEVEL.2016-06-13'

The SQL above sets the count of pageviews to 1000 for 2016-06-13.

Nick Hendler

#3 08-05-2016 07:51:29

Graham
Website

Re: Spike in number of pageviews and size of core_sessions

Thanks for that.

Board footer