Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#26 06-16-2016 09:05:50

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: USPS Domestic mail - Regional Box A and Box B

What is needed in this shopping cart is to change the service code from "ALL" to "online" and to provide a system option to cause the shopping cart to display Retail Rates or Commercial Rates for postage.   By making the change in the service code to "online" all of the US mail domestic shipping options can be supported.   Also, the choice of which shipping options each business wants to use is still in place.

Will be added to V9.  Question:  You say change the service code from 'ALL' to 'online'.  Is the case sensitive there?

Nick Hendler

#27 06-16-2016 09:47:24

ThomasGiannou

In the program usps.php the current code says ALL.   I changed my copy from ALL to online.   I haven't tested Online or ONLINE to see if the parameter is case sensitive or not.  If I remember correctly, the USPS documentation for the api call showed online in lower case.

#28 07-13-2016 12:57:07

nlorntson

I do not use a third party for shipping labels.  I do use the regional rate boxes frequently and have always had to recalculate shipping for them.  Very frustrating!

I'm using version 8

Can someone clarify what changes I would need to make where to get these rates added to the list?

Thank you Thomas for your efforts in this area!

#29 07-13-2016 15:14:42

ThomasGiannou

Besides the changes that have to be made to the USPS.PHP program which are noted in earlier messages on this topic, there are six table entries that have to be added to the system so it will display the Regional A and Regional B shipping options in the checkout screen of the shopping cart.   Three entries for Regional A and three entries for Regional B have to be made to accomodate 1-day, 2-day, and 3-day shipping options.   
You have to add those six table entries here:  Location: System Dashboard > System > Database > Raw Database Admin > ecom_shiprealtimep .

The field values for the 1-Day Regional Rate Box A are shown below.   You can use the data values below as a model for making the six table entries that must be added to the ecom_shiprealtimep table.

ID:             USPS-US-Priority Mail 1-Day Regional Rate Box A
NAME:      USPS Priority Mail 1-Day Regional Rate Box A
SHIPPER: USPS
MARK:      R
ACTIVE:   1

Once you have this in place and it is working, you need to run some tests with your products and see what the cart is going to do when people order those products.   Test what happens when they order 1, 2, and 3 quantities of a product.   You may know that a quantity of 1 and a quantity of 2 will go in a Regional A box, and you need to put an order in with a quantity of 2 to make sure the cart presents the Regional A box as an option for your customer.   If it doesn't, you need to go in and adjust the dimensions of your products so the cart will present the Regional A box if a customer decides to order two of an item.    This kind of testing will remove the need to adjust a lot of orders that are processed by the shopping cart.

Board footer