Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#51 05-04-2016 07:31:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Release Date Info and Example Links

Concerning pricing and ShopFactory:  We did not have ShopFactory on our radar as far as pricing or feature comparisons.  You speak highly of it, so I've taken a look.  I did check their pricing, and we're pretty much in line with them, about the same for hosted versions, V9 will run less for upgrades.  Not sure on their full pricing, but assuming V9 will be close or less based on their upgrade pricing.  Feature-wise, I believe V9 kills it.  It doesn't look like ShopFactory has support for remote channels (ebay, amazon), nor the guts.

It has taken a long time to get V9 where it is because we've changed how the *shopping cart software* works at it's core and turned it into something completely different.  V8 is shopping cart software.  V9 is a multichannel selling platform built for speed with consolidated inventory and a responsive interface built for ecommerce and SEO performance.

V9 runs 5x faster than V8 at it's core.  V9 renders content 8x faster than V8 because of it's responsive content.  V9 destroys Google PageSpeed Insights scores when CSS and JS is minified and you do your image optimizations.  I'll check into AMP.  ShopFactory appears to be shopping cart software skinned responsively (early V9 betas), so the two at this point are not really comparable, even though the pricing on them is comparable.

Concerning performance, it's been noted elsewhere in the forum here that we've seen conversions, pageviews and all metrics with V9 up over 35% on all V9 betas, and up over 40% on newer full V9 installs.  It's had several million dollars put through it in production.  It's installed on one client's site currently that's done several million on it in the past month, doing several hundred orders a day tied to eBay and Amazon.  V9 is production ready.

Nick Hendler

#52 05-04-2016 08:29:48

DARENWRIGHT

Hi Nick

Are we getting close to release date yet?

Cheers Daren

#53 05-04-2016 09:36:25

sdn

If I understand correctly, the BASE level v9 will be vastly improved over v8 (hurray) but it is still *shopping cart software*. It is the option of purchasing the new XMODs which turn it into your multichannel selling platform.

Simon

#54 05-04-2016 12:07:53

stage

Any update on a release?  I understand you're doing installs through the custom shop.  Would be nice if the rest of us could use it too :-)  Fingers crossed for a date soon . . .

Nathan

#55 05-05-2016 07:30:09

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@sdn: V9 is built from it's core to be multichannel, so the online catalog/store is considered the default channel, with the option to add channels for ebay and amazon.  The default channel does use a shopping cart mechanism for the online store.  Traditional *shopping cart software* like V8 and lower, and mostly everything available on the market today, tends to fall down on inventory management due to the fact that inventory is loaded directly with products in these types of software packages.  The V9 platform separates inventory from offers which sell inventory on various channels, making it infinitely easier to list inventory for sale on all channels, and to ensure you always have valid counts and availability.  Last week for fun we timed cloning online store product offers (default channel) which sell inventory to eBay and Amazon offers.  eBay took 22 seconds and Amazon took 14 seconds to build each offer and submit it to the channel.  You couldn't do that with *shopping cart software*.

@stage: Release is pending.  We're currently quoting out custom shop upgrades which have been requested over the last six months.  We've got a few V9 sites running which we've been working on and testing new features for clients, considered beta installs currently.  We're not really starting upgrades for the jobs being quoted now until the software is publicly released.

Nick Hendler

#56 05-05-2016 16:16:00

sdn

OK I see now.

I noticed that on most of the example v9 upgrade sites only one product image is used.

Is that because the html remains identical regardless of the device it is being viewed on and multiple images slow mobile use or a different reason?

What happens if you really need more than 1 product image?

How will microdata be handled for multiple images and/or inventory offer on a page?

Also, will paginated Categories be correctly handled for SEO in v9?

Simon

#57 05-06-2016 07:22:24

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@sdn:  Most of the sites published here as betas are early V9s which are basically V8 running the V9 responsive skin.  These are true final V9 betas that make good use of product images and selling inventory in different ways:

http://webbsonline.com/
https://855sheller.com/
https://kryptronic.com/DEV/public/

To answer your questions, most clients only have one image, so that's why you only see one.  You can see in our demo that multiple images are supported, and I found one on 855sheller:

https://kryptronic.com/DEV/public/Item/ … ric-Guitar
https://855sheller.com/Item/excalibur4tray

The microdata duplicates exactly what shows up in the Google Shopping feed, so it has all the necessary info to present the offer properly in the search engines.  V9 handles pagination a bit differently that V8 so as to handle those additional category pages.

Nick Hendler

#58 05-08-2016 05:04:40

DARENWRIGHT

Is it possible to prompt the customers to view the store with prices excluding and including vat, this is what a lot of companys do now in the uk especially in our sector

if you look at screwfix.com in the top right they have the option with or without.

Cheers Daren

#59 05-09-2016 06:23:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@DARENWRIGHT: Yes, you can display prices with both VAT prices if you want.  Most of our clients don't, but we recognize it's a requirement for some and a necessity for others.

Nick Hendler

#60 05-09-2016 12:42:17

DARENWRIGHT

how does the dropship function work Nick, I am looking to have some stock at a distributer and some in our store, is there a way that if a customer selects post the order it goes to and can be dispatched by my distributer and if they would like to collect in store the order comes through to our retail store for picking.

Cheers Daren

#61 05-09-2016 12:56:40

zanart

@DARENWRIGHT: Yes, you can display prices with both VAT prices if you want.  Most of our clients don't, but we recognize it's a requirement for some and a necessity for others.

I think the question was can the customer choose to view prices with or without VAT, not display both at the same time.

I had this function added a few years ago by Kryptronic whereby user can choose to view price with or without VAT.
Not sure if the mod has made it to the production version.

Rob

#62 05-09-2016 16:25:30

DARENWRIGHT

Yes that was what I meant as our corporate clients like to view without VAT and general customers  VAT included. Cheers Daren

#63 05-09-2016 22:57:04

lgt
Website

how does the dropship function work Nick, I am looking to have some stock at a distributer and some in our store, is there a way that if a customer selects post the order it goes to and can be dispatched by my distributer and if they would like to collect in store the order comes through to our retail store for picking.

Cheers Daren

V9 has an excellent drop ship option as well as keeping accurate local inventory count.  It can automatically shift to drop ship if you run out of local inventory!  It is easy to set up.

We sell highly seasonal items that go from no-demand to high-demand in a matter of days.  Our seasonal items are in demand for only a month or two and then it tapers to nothing again.  Keeping up with ads on multiple websites plus multiple listings on Amazon & eBay is an act of insanity. 

V9 will pull the listing from Amazon & eBay in a matter of minutes when it recognizes an out-of-stock situation. 

Comfortably before running out V9 sends a low inventory email to my staff.  Nevertheless, out of stock situations are going to happen- at least V9 offers some protection against negative feedback on that subject.

The last item on the last screen shot is the location in the warehouse.  We've been busy setting up a new inventory management system so the shipper can go to the proper shelf location to pick the item.

http://855sheller.com/V9/V9-030.png

http://855sheller.com/V9/V9-031.png

http://855sheller.com/V9/V9-032.png

Last edited by lgt (05-09-2016 23:26:02)

#64 05-10-2016 06:19:34

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@sdn: I think the question was can the customer choose to view prices with or without VAT, not display both at the same time.

That functionality is not in V9, it's an admin choice.  We do have one beta running as a multisite where the primary site is wholesale and shows Exc VAT prices to it's customers, and one of the secondary sites is retail, showing Inc VAT only.  That may fill the requirement if it's site-wide and customer-based.

@DARENWRIGHT: how does the dropship function work Nick, I am looking to have some stock at a distributer and some in our store, is there a way that if a customer selects post the order it goes to and can be dispatched by my distributer and if they would like to collect in store the order comes through to our retail store for picking.

lgt explained it well.  V9 supports crazy dropship logic.  In addition to auto-switching to dropship when you run out of local inventory (if you enable this), the same thing can happen for Amazon orders, rolling on and off Fulfillment by Amazon.  You can set items to dropship at all times as well.  Your choice.

Nick Hendler

#65 05-10-2016 07:11:51

DARENWRIGHT

Thanks for the info appreciate it the only difference is its not to be drop shipped when stock runs out in our retail store, it is when the customer selects postage it will be dispatched from the courier and if they select collect in store this will take from store stock sorry if i have missed something.

Cheers Daren

#66 05-11-2016 08:11:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@DARENWRIGHT: If local pickup is on, and the item is dropshipped, the local pickup option is modified to adjust for the vendor's lead time to get the item to you for pickup.  If you set the vendor lead time to zero (0) I believe the software will do what you're looking for.

Nick Hendler

#67 05-11-2016 12:36:25

DARENWRIGHT

Great thanks, any ideas on how long before you can install the software for me? No Presure

Cheers Daren

#68 05-11-2016 22:23:03

lgt
Website

Great thanks, any ideas on how long before you can install the software for me? No Presure

Cheers Daren

I'm the most critical person of Kryptronic's release schedule. After nearly 10 years with ClickCartPro, I can't recall one delivery date being met.  Not even close. You're far better off waiting for the Santa to come down the chimney.

That being said, I think the last piece of the puzzle is the Shipping Manager, which I expect to be ready any day now.

I've just got the Amazon Mod, which is working flawlessly.  As far as I can tell eBay is working as expected as well.  The shipping integration with them is everything and a bag of chips.

I know Nick is going to be tied up with the final touches on my sites as well as those already in the custom shop. 

So whatever date, WHATEVER date, don't expect it.

That being said, it is worth the wait.  It is soooo worth the wait.

It is a whole new concept of doing online business wrapped in a vaguely familiar CCP GUI.  So radical, the ClickCartPro name is no longer displayed.  V9 maybe should be called K9?

BUT, be prepared.  It is going to require a lot of work to make the changeover.  K9 requires a new way of thinking. 

My highest recommendation is to go thoroughly through the demo backend when it is released. 

Radically different- radically better.

#69 05-12-2016 09:43:59

TheNerdKing
Website

Would love to upgrade software soon, customers breathing down my neck guys so I have to pass that breath along. They keep coming to me with, "Why dont we just use something else" They're about to just tell me to find new software. The only real reason... I told them about this new software and the features to get them amped and read, now they want those features and I can not give them to them. Meeting dates and deadlines is important and something that should not be given if you are unable to meet them. With that said, I am doing my best to fend them off and keep this software, as I really like it. :-)

Websites:

Wildlifepins.com
Collectiblewildlifegifts.com
TheBeverageBabe.com
TheNerdSquadHeadquarters.com

#70 05-12-2016 19:09:27

lgt
Website

Yeah, I feel your pain.  Over the last year I hired several people in anticipation of V9 promised delivery dates.  Only to have to let them go when I realized that 'next week' didn't mean the week after this one.

As badly as I wanted to jump ship, I stayed because I could see V9 was going to be something special.

You've probably read my observations of V9, so I won't bother to repeat them here.  So let me add that eBay & Amazon integration, and multistore configurations is heads and shoulders above everything else.  Once inventory items are created, Amazon & eBay listings (and package deals)  can be posted fast and incredibly simple.  All of it tied to one central shipping page.  All out of stock inventory listings pulled automatically.

Including our websites, Amazon & eBay, one item is listed 47 times, either individually or in combo package deals.  A price change or running out of stock is (now was) an all day event to find and deal with,  Thanks to the bulk price editor, prices can be updated in a few minutes.  Out of stock is handled automatically, some listings we use the option to send it to the manufacturer to pull from our stock there while others are temporarily delisted until we have them physically in the warehouse.

There absolutely is no other major cart program that multi-channels seemlessly.

#71 05-13-2016 07:08:32

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@lgt: Just like you said, everything is being wrapped up and going very well.  I'm glad you saw the light once you realized you weren't dealing with regular old shopping cart software any more.  The whole point of this software, what makes it so cool and so unique, is it's ability to do exactly what you are doing, listing a single item 47 times, updating all those prices in one swoop, and having the inventory handled across your store, ebay and amazon handled automatically and as close to real time as possible.  And being able to do that over and over again with marketing tools nobody has ever seen.  Again, thanks for the comments.  You just made demand higher.  Here come the pitchforks...

Nick Hendler

#72 05-13-2016 07:20:01

sdn

Do you have any examples of product filters and product tabs working on v9?

are hierarchical breadcrumbs a standard feature in v9?

Also, has v9 been tested for compatibility with older versions of IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc?

Last edited by sdn (05-15-2016 02:51:14)

Simon

#73 05-15-2016 07:20:48

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Do you have any examples of product filters and product tabs working on v9?

Filters: https://angelwholesale.co.uk/Category/a … -Wholesale
Tabs: https://kryptronic.com/DEV/public/Item/ … ric-Guitar

are hierarchical breadcrumbs a standard feature in v9?

Yes and they're awesome

Also, has v9 been tested for compatibility with older versions of IE, Chrome, Firefox, etc?

Yes.  The newest display technology we've deployed is flexbox, which render perfectly on IE 10+, FF 28+, Chrome 21+, Opera 12.1+, Safari 6.1+.  And will render near perfectly on FF 2-27, Chrome 4-20, Safari 3.1-6.0. We can't find and mobile browsers it doesn't look great on.  V9 has polyfills in place for browsers older than those listed, and renders using floats as fallbacks, providing quite good results on older browsers.

Nick Hendler

#74 05-23-2016 23:00:57

juanstg

webmaster wrote:

Release is pending.  If you were to get a V8 license now, you would qualify to purchase a V9 license.  But honestly, just wait.  Installing and/or learning anything about V8 would be a waste of time at this point.

When you say "qualify to purchase" does this mean no charge for the upgrade to V9.

I have been using V8 pretty much since the beginning, having upgraded from V7 and installed it on several sites.  So installing and learning are not the problem, getting a new site up and running very soon is. 

I can probably hold the boss off for a few weeks but not much more than that. I don't want to tell him to purchase V8 just to have to pay to upgrade to V9 before the year is out.  Also, as part of setting up the new site we will probably be hiring a Temp to do most of the data entry, hard to put this into motion without a time frame. 

Back in the beginning of the year I vaguely remember the first post here saying the release date was set for a certain date in early Feb. (can't remember that date now) then it said February 25th.  After that I think it was changed to what it is now but honestly after the 25th date passed I didn't check it for a few weeks.  I know it has been mentioned before that you will not release until every detail is finalized but to just leave us all hanging with the "PENDING..." status for months is just torture.

#75 05-24-2016 07:00:58

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@juanstg: That should say "If you were to get a V8 license now, you would qualify to purchase a V9 license [at the upgrade price]".

The release is pending.  It has been since Feb when the core software was finalized.  Currently we're working on all the framework we need to put in place to properly release this software.  Release not only involves getting the software hot, but also setting up all new hosting and support frameworks, good documentation must be available, etc.

There is a lot of demand for this software and we need to be set up so that as each client new to the V9 platform sets it up, the process is easy to understand and follow, and all the help you may need is available.  Basically the time we've put into this recently is being utilied to limit the amount of time you spent launching your new sites.

As your project needs to get underway, either you can wait for the V9 release, which will be soon, or grab V8 to start development, and do an upgrade/import to V9 when it's launched, prior to your launch.  In a case like this, we'd get you a discount code for your V9 upgrade to apply the cost of your V8 license against it, so you'd just pay the difference for V9 if you wanted to do the upgrade.  Just submit a ticket on this when you're ready for your V9 upgrade, if you decide to go this route.

Nick Hendler

Board footer