Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#26 02-23-2016 13:26:21

johnsonR

Re: Release Date Info and Example Links

Is it yet possible to get a pricing structure on the newest version yet? At least I could plan for that.

#27 03-08-2016 09:42:07

Panmanjon
Website

Hello Nick
Looking forward to version 9 - Can you tell us what are the oldest versions of apache and php version 9 will run on please?
Thanks - Paul

#28 03-09-2016 07:53:48

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Apace wouldn't matter as far as versioning, so Apache 1x would be fine.  V9 was updated to require a PHP minimum version of 5.1.0 or higher.

Nick Hendler

#29 03-11-2016 10:32:53

GlennMUK

Hi Nick

Now that the coding is finalised and you are working on the documentation and Web UI, any sign of getting close to releasing a price yet?

Thanks
Glenn

p.s. any chance of releasing V9 before the docs and website are ready to eager people on this forum? smile

#30 03-12-2016 08:20:32

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Very close on releasing pricing.  I am waiting on final recommendations from Jeff.  It will be finalized this week.

I feel getting installs out to select clients earlier than documentation would be a big mistake on our end.  The beta installs we have running now are mainly for clients who helped drive the new direction of the software and have been using some of the new features in one form or another (modded V8, beta V9) for a while.  They have been handheld and have had their systems built mainly by me.

This software is so radically different from anything else in the market right now, that documentation is a necessity.  The new documentation format is different as well, providing job (or feature) based entries in a format you can browse.

Nick Hendler

#31 03-16-2016 06:43:53

webmaster
Administrator
Website

ElectroSpares: I removed your post about your 3D secure integration and am following up on the ticket system.  Thanks.

Nick Hendler

#32 04-11-2016 09:37:09

Gboyega

Hello Nick, You have kept us waiting for too long. What challenges are you really having with the software that is making you to be postponing release date. We have been on this since the middle of last year and as at now, we do not  know when we will eventually have it. You have promised several dates and nothing for now. Where do we go from here?

#33 04-11-2016 12:19:36

stanforrest

I'm there with you Gboyega. Been to long and way to many promised release dates, all of which have come to pass. Thinking about abandoning the software all together and moving to something much more dependable and reliable.

Stan Forrest
Digital Magic Show

#34 04-12-2016 18:27:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@Gboyega:

This is a project that's been 2 years in the making and we're finished with the base software at this point and working on documentation and our own site currently.  I can't wait to release the software as I'm sure you guys can't wait to install it.  The delays are really due to underestimating the time needed to satisfy requirements for those clients who have sponsored major portions of the software, after those clients have had the final beta installed.  A lot of what's been happening the past three months has taken this project to a whole new level, and now we're finishing the documentation on those pieces.

@stanforrest:

You're a long-time, valued client.  I imagine you've been with us for so long because there's nothing out there more dependable or reliable than Kryptronic software.  We've always had the stance that we release software when ready, not a moment before, and if that means losing clients who can't wait for it, so be it.  We wish to keep you on board, the release is coming ASAP, but if you have to test waters elsewhere, we understand, and we'll still be here when you need us.  We do this to keep the software reliable and dependable for you, instead of releasing too early with bugs.

@everyone:

I suppose it's about that time, as always when the release is done and pending, where the grumbling starts.  This is a good sign.  Demand is high for this new platform, and we're about to deliver it.  As soon as it's out there we'll see tons of positive comments come back, like we always do.  Can't wait for that.

Nick Hendler

#35 04-13-2016 06:04:09

sdn

So realistically how much longer until it is released?

V8 is not really mobile or SEO friendly so it costs us in terms of lost sales, site rankings and diminished market share meaning that every day the new version is delayed costs us. We are not going to get the lost sales back and rankings / market share are probably not a quick, easy fix despite all of the marketing noise made about V9.

Looking forward, it is worrying that Kryptronic seem to be under resourced to cope with the update in a timely manner. It is hardly surprising that people are loosing faith and patience.

V9 really had better be worth the wait and price otherwise I will be one seriously unhappy customer.

Last edited by sdn (04-13-2016 06:44:11)

Simon

#36 04-13-2016 07:12:03

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@sdn:

V9 will release within the next two weeks, during April.  We've almost got everything in place to support the release.  As mentioned elsewhere, we're posting pricing when it's done, and the pricing structure is higher and different than what we're doing now with V8.

V9 is a superb piece of software, which has been built with the attitude that when it's complete we'll ship it, and not before.  In the past we've rushed to release and not gotten everything in that we wanted.  Not the case this time.  When doing a comparison of V8 vs V9, it's night and day.  It might be helpful if everyone considered this as a wait for a brand new platform, rather than a simple upgrade.  Yes, the cores are similar, and compatible, but similarities really stop there.

Concerning performance on the V9 platform, we've had several sites beta the new responsive displays (July 2015 - Present, V8 cores with V9 displays), and those sites saw on average a 30% increase in traffic and a 34% increase in conversions (which translates to around a 45% increase in revenues).  Clients currently using the final V9 beta (Feb 2016 - Present, V9 complete) have seen the traffic increase by 38% and conversions by 42% (which translates to around a 57% increase in revenues).  These clients have come from a variety of Kryptronic versions including V6, V7 and V8.  A few of them are coming from poorly designed sites over to sites done by our Custom Shop.  Results will vary, obviously, and this is in no way a statement promising performance.  This is simply a summary of what we've seen during beta.

Bottom line is, it's much better software.  lgt spent six months looking for something that can do what V9 does, and as well, and came up empty.  All I can say is it will be well worth the wait and cost associated with converting to V9.  I'll be happy to answer any further questions in this thread.  Thanks.

Nick Hendler

#37 04-13-2016 21:16:30

TheNerdKing
Website

@stanforrest
I just want to say a comment about SEO compatibility and mobile. I have had no trouble here, it just took a bit of understanding and some excel magic. I took their old page and enabled the options for V8 and moved their rankings to the first page and beyond. Sometimes when working with software you might ask what your software guy is doing that is not making the software work to its full potential. Holding 15 certs and a masters in computer science software engineering I can say that Kryptronic is one of the best pieces of software for shopping carts there is out. The ability to customize and add all sorts of javascript and coding into the software and how robust and tough it is has astounded me. I wait patiently for V9 and even wrote some scripts to manage my inventory until then.

@Webmaster
I have had such a blast working with software that was designed by competent programmers such as yourself that I have expressly informed my clients the wait is worth it. I have taken big commerce stores, shopify etc and run multiple Amazon, Ebay Sears and more stores and this new piece of software after examining the new example sites is going to take everything to another level. I can't wait to peer inside of the back end programming.

You guys do awesome work! Anyone that has issues with this software need to consult with their software guys as this software can do anything you want it to within the realm of reason and is so customizable its beautiful a true work of Nerd Art. :-)

Websites:

Wildlifepins.com
Collectiblewildlifegifts.com
TheBeverageBabe.com
TheNerdSquadHeadquarters.com

#38 04-18-2016 05:25:45

lgt
Website

I cannot believe it took this long for the torches and pitchforks to gather.  The rally for the release of V7 came much sooner and much more boisterous.

V7 was cutting edge that saw my sales double that year.  V8, not so much.

In January 2015, I began to look for a new cart program.  Frankly finding a cart program that beats V8 isn't that hard to find.  They all cost more than V8, the cost of a cart is not a major factor vs. ROI.

I was literally a couple of hours from purchasing the new system (I was waiting for the cost of one modification) when I received the email blast about V9. 

V9 is once again cutting edge that has some features that are likely to work their way into other carts.  But many won't.

I'm not sure what I should say about the internal workings and the fine attention to detail on SEO, but there is some serious MoJo that no other cart program has.  As I've said before, V9 is an incarnation of Matt Cutt's blog. 

There is no cart program that will post near the microdata validation numbers of V9.

I am not a programmer.  But the well commented source code allows me to make minor changes.

V9 is a high performance cart.  If you're just looking for something new and shiny to play with, V9 is not for you.  There are many more steps required to add a product.  It is tedious and boring.  And worth it.

To take advantage of the V9 edge, you'll need to commit to the full spectrum of on page optimization and load times.

My recommendation to Nick is price V9 at the professional level.  Serious business people will pay for it while minimizing the time-wasters that just want to tinker with some new toy.

My highest recommendation is to thoroughly go through the V9 demo when it is released and contemplate if you're willing to be V9-serious.  There are much better cart programs for tinkerers.

#39 04-19-2016 11:56:14

juanstg

Quick question about the new version.  lgt mentions, "There are many more steps required to add a product." 

How will this affect the current products upon upgrading? 

The reason I ask is we have tons of items due to the structure of our store, I'm sure the upgrade will handle converting to the new database but if there are several more steps to creating a new product I think adding this new information in is going to take us a while.

-GolfCartPartsDirect.com
-GolfCartOnline.com

Last edited by juanstg (04-19-2016 11:56:50)

#40 04-19-2016 17:28:49

caraellen

Will you offer an installation service to get version 9 up and running? I have two carts in version 7 now. Thank you. Cara Hallock. Plowbuster.com

#41 04-19-2016 19:21:05

jj1987
Website

caraellen wrote:

Will you offer an installation service to get version 9 up and running? I have two carts in version 7 now. Thank you. Cara Hallock. Plowbuster.com

Yes, Kryptronic has always offered that.

-James Garrett

#42 04-20-2016 05:55:56

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@juanstg:

You can read elsewhere in this V9 forum about how inventory is now managed separately from product offers in V9.  This is done to allow you to share inventory across different offers in the online store as well as sell it on eBay and Amazon.  You need to load your inventory first, then create offers for it.  The importer will handle this for you when upgrading from V7/V8.  You're right in that you'll need to do it going forward to manage the store. 

This two-part process actually simplifies things, though.  The amount of data you'll have to enter to list a new inventory item in the online store as a product offer is equivalent to the amount of data you have to enter in V7/V8 right now (ie same amount of work), it's just done in two different places, allowing you to subsequently create new offers in the store or on eBay or Amazon without having to create the inventory item (ie less work).

With that said, there are many, many more features in V9 you can take advantage of for both inventory items and product offers.  Things like adding barcodes and manufacturer and vendor information, which should be done, but are optional.  Those items could add to the workload if you make use of them.

@caraellen:

Yes, our Custom Shop is now working with a team of developers who can handle upgrades for you.  The developers handling our current Custom Shop workload are doing a fantastic job with quick turnarounds.  Please submit a free support ticket at https://kryptronic.com/Form/TECHTICKET and we'll get you on a list we're running of clients who require quotes on upgrades.  I believe somebody is sending a message out this week to the list asking for information on job requirements so quotes can be issued.  I'm handling premium upgrades for clients, but my queue is full through May, and I'm handling bigger/complex/custom jobs rather than straight upgrades.

Nick Hendler

#43 04-25-2016 21:24:12

Cww2

What date are you now looking at, and for clients who buy now will upgrades be included?

#44 04-26-2016 06:20:45

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Release is pending.  If you were to get a V8 license now, you would qualify to purchase a V9 license.  But honestly, just wait.  Installing and/or learning anything about V8 would be a waste of time at this point.

Nick Hendler

#45 04-28-2016 07:22:31

ejf
Website

Nick

will version 9 work with Scurri?

https://www.scurri.co.uk/integrations/

for me, it would give a fantastic solution to shipping from Ireland and work well for  your customers worldwide

Thanks

Eamon

#46 04-28-2016 15:59:07

jj1987
Website

ejf wrote:

Nick

will version 9 work with Scurri?

https://www.scurri.co.uk/integrations/

for me, it would give a fantastic solution to shipping from Ireland and work well for  your customers worldwide

Thanks

Eamon

This would be a reasonably straight forward shipping mod to write, but I would not expect it out of the box.

-James Garrett

#47 04-29-2016 05:50:55

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@ejf: We do not have a Scurry module for V9, however would create one under a Custom Shop job for you at some point following the release.

Nick Hendler

#48 05-02-2016 05:10:42

amdowney
Website

lgt wrote:

I cannot believe it took this long for the torches and pitchforks to gather.  The rally for the release of V7 came much sooner and much more boisterous.

V7 was cutting edge that saw my sales double that year.  V8, not so much.

In January 2015, I began to look for a new cart program.  Frankly finding a cart program that beats V8 isn't that hard to find.  They all cost more than V8, the cost of a cart is not a major factor vs. ROI.

I needed to upgrade to a responsive cart, with mailchimp, ebay, amazon plugins, filters that don't need refreshing, auto generated popularity and also bought lists etc to name just a few (of what I consider basic requirements that my competition had) at the end of 2014 when there was mention of V9 doing most of this. I'm glad I decided then not to wait for a couple of projects, would have been a costly mistake. I knew from past experience it could be in reality a long wait but I am surprised it's still not out yet, over a year since the start of this thread! I can laugh now.

I look forward to what CCP9 brings for my smaller projects and to my Dad's site which is showing it's age on CCP8. If it wasn't for the way options are structured and the mammoth task of moving to another system that might have moved over too.

I'm sorry if this is a bit negative but really if you're serious about pushing your store forward you can't wait around and watch the competition out do you. Is it just you Nick developing? It certainly seems like you are up against teams of developers. It is a nice little cart this but perhaps you should charge more to invest in another developer or something.

"We've got version 9 coming very soon" 12 April 2015 LOL!

To be positive, v9 does look great, I like the simplicity of this cart when it comes to modding it and it might well be the best value self hosted shopping cart when it is out, ideal for starter sites especially.

Last edited by amdowney (05-02-2016 05:17:07)

#49 05-02-2016 07:29:02

webmaster
Administrator
Website

@amdowney:

Thanks for the comments.  During the V9 development process this software has transformed itself into something that we could not have predicted at the onset of the project two years ago.  Much of the development has been fueled by clients with whom we have been working very closely.

The V9 project has resulted in a completely different platform than V8 or anything Kryptronic has previously released.  Your comments about V8 being aged due to it's mobile (vs responsive) interface, and it being suitable for smaller businesses are fair assessments of the V8 package.

It's probably a mistake to call this new software V9.  It's based on V8, sure, but it's all-new and all-different.  We're struggling now on how to properly position and market the software as it's target is not the same startup businesses that V8 is good for.  V9 is built for established businesses who have core business requirements the software was designed to fill (killer SEO, responsive design, real inventory tracking, real accounting, POS, returns processing, selling on channels like eBay and Amazon, etc).

We've developed something here that's not like anything else available.  lgt has compared it to Magento Enterprise at $25k yearly, but said V9 blows that away.  redman has evaluated it against Shopify with $750/month worth of addon modules, and said there's no comparison, V9 hands down.  These are two guys that are highly critical of everything they get from us.

You've been with us long enough to know when we release, it's ready, and we don't release until it's ready.  Right now, it's ready, and we're on the verge of releasing it.  We're getting our own website in line and the documentation you'll need.  To push this out now, before all the proper documentation is in place would be a mistake.  Please stay tuned.  We're almost there.  Really.

Nick Hendler

#50 05-03-2016 13:17:29

sdn

To give the pricing comments a more balanced perspective you could also mention ShopFactory which has had responsive mobile for well over a year and performs very well in Google for another site. It is nothing like as expensive as Magento or Shopify. OK so maybe it doesn't have all the whistles and bells of those premium carts but if it puts you at #1 in Google it is a selling machine and that is the primary objective.

I hope that the v9 upgrade pricing takes into account the goodwill and patience(?) of existing users many of whom have provided valuable feedback and suggestions that I believe have helped to shape it's development path.

Moving to CCP8 caused us many problems which resulted in a big drop in our page rankings. It may have been relatively low cost to purchase but cost us dear in lost sales and continues to do so now it is behind the curve on mobile. Some of the problems were self-inflicted but we have had to make numerous posts on the shortcomings of v8 ranging from slow performance, handling of page not found and a host of other issues. On the plus side, they have been addressed in most cases although the PayPal Express checkout coding error is still not fixed for other users so far as I am aware (we found and fixed the problem ourselves) and that cost us thousands in failed orders that we will never recoup.

New users have not made that contribution so maybe they should bear the brunt of the price review pain.

Having spent so much time with CCP it makes sense to carry on with what we "hope" will be a much better performing sales platform for our business in v9. BUT we will not do that at any price and v9 is still not available or a widely tried, tested and proven solution so we are still taking a risk going forward with it. And we were expecting to be trying it out 12 months ago and still we wait.

As a footnote I see Google Webmaster Tools now has a section called Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) - "Fix errors on your Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) in order to have them prominently served to mobile users". I know little about it but assume it is the new direction for mobile. Will v9 meet the requirements or is that for v10?

Last edited by sdn (05-04-2016 05:16:45)

Simon

Board footer