Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-25-2016 08:33:45

sdn

Offer to Create Account After Guest Checkout

Not sure if I have mentioned this before but many sites I use offer/encourage you to create an account after placing an order using their guest checkout route. This seems like a good thing to offer as I quite often go ahead and create one. All they do is provide a field for you to enter a password of your choice plus a user name field that is often prefilled with my email address. What do you think?

Simon

#2 01-25-2016 17:57:16

lgt
Website

Re: Offer to Create Account After Guest Checkout

I believe V9 offers the ability to track a package with the order number and zip code.   This diminishes the need for registering.  When we get V9 we are certainly going to emphasis this as a selling point.

I avoid registering because I am already swamped with junk email.

On the other hand, what's the harm in offering?

Last edited by lgt (01-25-2016 17:58:15)

#3 01-25-2016 19:00:33

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We've removed the notion of guest-based versus account-based orders in V9.  There is still an account-based checkout and a guest-based checkout and you still have options to allow/disallow guest checkout, but the orders are no longer marked as user/guest.  This was done because V9 allows guests to access orders with the order number and email address used for that order.  This gives guests basically the ability to get everything regular users do, except they will not (cannot) earn loyalty points on orders.  (Note: Regular users have access to all orders placed using their email address now, before the list was the same, but excluded any orders they may have placed as guests).  Thus eliminating the need to prompt for account creation, etc.  Maybe we'll see this down the line, but I want to see how this rendition is received.

Nick Hendler

#4 01-29-2016 03:10:50

sdn

OK, I únderstand. Any changes that make the customers experience easier and simpler are welcome. I still think it would be worth adding a post ordering account creation option. Offering to add the loyalty points for the order they just placed, along with the signup bonus points could be the carrot.

Last edited by sdn (02-01-2016 03:56:16)

Simon

Board footer