Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-06-2016 17:39:24

Thom
Website

UPS Rates Changed

I know you are saying they go up every year around this time, I know. It's the rates that the cart is pulling from UPS has changed to Counter Pricing. In 2015 they were the Daily Pick Up rates.

I have not changed anything to the code but now the cart UPS rates have changed to retail counter pricing. They have been set to Daily Pick Up pricing since 2012.

How do I get them set back to Daily Pick Up pricing?

CCP8-private\apps\ecom\ECOM-Ship\ext\upstools.php
My file is set to:

$pickup_type      = $this->xhtml_translate('01','ENCODE');

01 - Daily Pick Up
03 - Customer Counter

Did UPS change the API?

Last edited by Thom (01-07-2016 10:29:48)

Thom-

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - AUNTIE MAME

#2 01-07-2016 17:40:40

Thom
Website

Re: UPS Rates Changed

I fixed it.

The Rating-Package-XML was updated Jan. 4, 2016

I had to add to 'upstools.php'

$customer_class   = $this->xhtml_translate('01','ENCODE');

$xml .= '<CustomerClassification>';
$xml .= '<Code>' . $customer_class . '</Code>';
$xml .= '</CustomerClassification>';

Valid values are:
00 - Rates Associated with Shipper Number
01 - Daily Rates
04 - Retail Rates
05 - Regional Rate
06 - General List Rate
53 - Standard List Rates
Length is not validated.
If customer classification code is not provided or it is
provided with an invalid value, UPS would use rate
chart (customer classification code) associated with a
shipper country to rate the shipments.

An example of the price difference this makes:

52 pound box shipped to myself was $34.33 now after my update it's $25.47

My guess is they changed the requirements of the XML request.

Thom-

#3 01-08-2016 08:04:46

webmaster
Administrator
Website

With no notification.  Excellent.  Thank you for your post.  This change will appear in V9 and we'll schedule an update for V8 as well.

Nick Hendler

#4 01-08-2016 12:14:17

Thom
Website

You're welcome!!

Thom-

#5 01-15-2016 10:00:44

coatzel21
Website

THIS. Thom could you post or PM me the complete upstools.php file?

Not sure where to add this -

#6 01-15-2016 11:06:07

tony
Website

Just a thought but this stuff happens and it effects us all and I have two people getting paid full time to do shipping tests and they are now on hold and for 3 days we have been waiting for Kryptronic to fix this for us and I offered to pay them but nothing yet and we have paid people 3 days to do nothing full time 16 hours a day and it looks like we will lose the weekend too and who knows when this will really get fixed. Really guys we have paid you everytime for everything but now it seems we need to beg to get something fixed. Maybe we should post this in the sales section. Any ways are there any coders that would work for us we will pay and help us fix stuff like this as we cant wait weeks to get things fixed how many of you could wait weeks I am surprised as all hell as to what is going on here. I offered to pay for the fix and a week later Jeff writes me and says there may be a charge if we fix it. It needs to get fixed now please as we are paying people to work on shipping and they will have to do all their tests over since the 4th or whenever this went bad. Again is anyone available to work on our site for us? Is this the future of customer service here? We have made so many mods to this cart and spent so much money already there is no way to switch over to another cart now. If this goes on long enough I will try to do it myself and probly crash the site like I have before? I just wonder how long I will have to wait for this fix as we are paying people 16 hours a day to do nothing at the moment. Explaining this means nothing I guess to Kryptronic so please hrry and fix this today I do not care how much that costs!

#7 01-16-2016 08:27:03

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Tony, I'll check to see if there's a ticket in the system for you on this and will address it.  If it's in my queue and I missed it, I apologize.  You're a guy that tends to get pretty upset pretty quickly and as always, we take care of you.  I'll look for a ticket.

Nick Hendler

#8 01-16-2016 11:56:45

tony
Website

That was my mistake I did not enter a ticket this time i asked jeff via email and did not submit a ticket as the shipping was not working and I felt an email might get a faster fix but when someone says they will have an engineer fix it and there may be a charge and I say yes please I will pay anything because we are paying two people in India each for 8 hours a day and I cant just cancel them, I thought it would get fixed faster. They have been doing nothing for a week and I thought this was being worked on. Last night we paid them 16 hours to do nothing again and tonight they are off but tomorrow night Sun they will get paid to do nothing again for 16 hours. I only get mad when things dont happen in a reasonable time as a shopping cart cant wait for days to get fixed.

We are losing money every minute and you do not realize how this is affecting our business, I hired people to do shipping tests as the vendor that supplies us will not provide sizes of items which are required now that dimensional weight is being used more so I need to pay people to do testing to set the shipping and I cant just give them 16 hours a day of other work since shipping is not working correctly so I am trying to edit photos for them but now Im working 18 hour days to try to keep them busy. I wish Id get a break some day!!

I do wish we had a coder that worked for us but I have not been able to hire anyone that knows CCP. I will enter a ticket I guess from now on.   You do a great job Nick but this time I should have filled out a ticket, I thought an email was better.

#9 01-17-2016 08:36:53

webmaster
Administrator
Website

No problem, Tony.  Email is pretty round-about and you're then relying on somebody forwarding it, setting up a ticket for you on it, etc.  I'll see a ticket when it's submitted.  Thanks.

Nick Hendler

#10 01-18-2016 13:13:18

Thom
Website

Around line 239:

$weight_units     = $this->xhtml_translate($weight_units,'ENCODE');
$dim_units        = $this->xhtml_translate($dim_units,'ENCODE');

### WHAT I ADDED

$customer_class   = $this->xhtml_translate('01','ENCODE');

### END

$upsnegrates     = $this->globals('core_settings.ecom.upsnegrates');

Around line 325 on mine:

if (($origdest['orig_countryabb'] == 'US')) {

$xml .= '<PickupType>';
     $xml .= '<Code>' . $pickup_type . '</Code>';
     $xml .= '</PickupType>';

} // End of if statement.

### THIS IS WHAT TO ADD

#### END

$xml .= '<Shipment>';
$xml .= '<Shipper>';

if (!(empty($upsaccountnum))) {

$xml .= '<ShipperNumber>' . $upsaccountnum . '</ShipperNumber>';

} // End of if statement.

Thom-

#11 01-19-2016 17:36:16

geraldz

I thought as a Kryptronic-hosted customer (now paying $40 per month) our shipping would always be kept up to date?  Now I have to go in and do all of the above edits (thanks Thom) to my upstools.php file?

Is the upstools.php file on the demo store up to date?  Maybe I can grab that?

#12 01-20-2016 09:20:37

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We do have plans where updates are available, Gerald.  Check out the managed hosting page for info.

Nick Hendler

#13 01-20-2016 16:18:27

geraldz

Nick as a small business we have to try to keep our expenses down.  That's why we chose CCP and initially did our own hosting.   Is the updated upstools.php file available?  I could put in a custom shop request but we can't wait 6 months for this to get done.  The new rates are in effect now and we're losing out on shipping.

Thanks.

#14 01-20-2016 20:04:05

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Please put a request in with the custom shop and I'll make sure a new file gets uploaded for you.

Nick Hendler

#15 01-25-2016 13:32:26

coatzel21
Website

Thanks Thom

Board footer