Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#26 11-23-2015 10:05:00

sdn

Re: Amazon, eBay & V9

sounds good. I cannot see much use for the MO part of MOTO as only a few orders per year received via snail-mail / fax these days but if any do arrive we could use the new system to process them.

TBH I'm not a huge fan of the acronym (LOL) but I suppose we all know the meaning here so just quicker to us them. By AAAA I did not mean American Association of Advertising Agencies but the Association Against Acronym Abuse...

Last edited by sdn (11-24-2015 08:05:23)

Simon

#27 11-24-2015 11:07:49

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Association Against Acronym Abuse

Too funny

Nick Hendler

#28 11-24-2015 22:30:37

lgt
Website

I went to the bank last week with a number of checks.  The teller mentioned she thought I was an internet company.

MOTO & POS are features I hadn't considered.  It could come in useful because we have walk-in traffic, a growing number of telephone orders, and those who mail in checks/money orders because they don't have cards.

#29 11-25-2015 06:49:14

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Checks are a pain, but some customers have to pay that way.  It factors in quite a bit on bigger purchases.

Nick Hendler

#30 12-03-2015 18:19:38

lgt
Website

Are there plans to integrate shipping ( & Amazon/Ebay/Etsy) into Shipwire or some other central shipping program?

#31 12-04-2015 08:49:18

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The newer backend pulls orders from ebay and amazon so that inventory can be managed in one place for all channels.  It also submits shipment/completed order requests back.  For the actual shipping of product, we have an array of options: Right now we've got THUB and ShipWorks extension modules available and we're looking to add modules for ShipWire, ShipStation and a few others as well pre-release.

Nick Hendler

#32 12-07-2015 08:38:07

lgt
Website

With the integrated shipping, does that mean I need only one license for ShipWorks?   The pricing on ShipWorks is crazy with eBay, Amazon, and the websites.

#33 12-09-2015 06:04:28

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You'd only need one ShipWorks website connection.  All orders funnel from all channels through the store software down to ShipWorks for shipping, then tracking data is sent from ShipWorks back to the store, and then back to the originating channel.  ShipWorks never knows whether the order it's shipping came from amazon, ebay, the store, etc.  This is the case for any and all shipping integrations.

Nick Hendler

#34 12-09-2015 12:13:47

lgt
Website

WOW!  That is great news.  ShipWorks here I come!

With multi-store, will each website share the same database, even if they are on different servers?  Or will each database sync with a central one? 

I think you have one beta customer who has 3 distinct stores.  Are they using multi-store, or is it still in the lab?

#35 12-10-2015 09:01:54

webmaster
Administrator
Website

None of the V9 beta sites that we've posted are using MultiSite.  We have several V8 sites that use a similar module.  You basically have one install, and point all your domains to it, either directly (one server account, Non-SSL setup), or using Apache mirrors (if SSL is required, in most cases it is).  From there you get to choose which items (banners, pages, products, categories, payment methods, etc.) show on which sites, you can skin them differently, and you can override settings on a per-domain basis for each.  One install, one database - full control over all pointed sites from one management interface. SEO is correct, and fully tested, and avoids all duplicate content issues due to the use of separate skins, URLs, and different SEO parameters.

Nick Hendler

#36 12-10-2015 11:20:45

lgt
Website

So, I am assuming that the product descriptions are all the same?  Then all the product options would be the same, as would all the product images.

Category descriptions could be made different by duplicating and modifying them and assigning the products to those categories. 

Will checkout remain on the original website or will it change to the parent website?

#37 12-11-2015 07:55:11

webmaster
Administrator
Website

All the items you mentioned could be the same, or could be different.  Remember in V9 you set up your inventory separate from the product offers, so you could offer one item at one price with a particular description on one site, and do something completely different with it by creating a different product offer for it on the new site.  Concerning checkout, you have the ability to override checkout form fields and payment methods per-site.  You also have the ability to override settings.  So doing something like the following is trivial: offering a special Authorize.net payment method on one site while disabling discount codes and loyalty points for only one site or several.  As far as everyone is concerned, these are different sites, and if you skin them differently and mix up your product offerings, nobody will know the difference all the way through checkout including mails with proper logos and proper printable invoices.  Shipping from the backend will even print the right invoice for the right site for an order.  It was built to run an entire web business like LGT using one install.  It's flexible enough to make one or more sites wholesale only, etc.  No stone was left unturned.

Nick Hendler

Board footer