Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#26 08-14-2015 08:43:27

lgt
Website

Re: keepalive and V9 Release Date Info

Is it early August, yet?

Nick on 6/16/95 wrote:

We are pretty firm on a release date sometime in July or very early August

It looks like V9 is a major rewrite that is going to require a fair amount of changes for my V7 skins that I was able to upgrade to V8.

Also, I have a number of custom mods that may not be included in the V9, specifically the UPS address verification.  In business years- not Kryptronic years- when do you expect to be able to get to those?  Should I go ahead and put in my Level 2 work request now?

I sure would like to get a peek-see at the backend so I can get an idea of what changes I need to make to my product and category listings.

#27 08-17-2015 06:09:55

webmaster
Administrator
Website

In Kryptronic time, we're releasing V9 within 2-3 weeks.  Skins will need to be reworked, but because V9 is responsive, you might find a few color changes and a logo upload are all you need.  Maybe in your case, a few extras like a few background images.  I'm familiar with the LGT site, and know that all the custom mods (like UPS address verification) are already in V9, so it should be a straightforward upgrade.  We could likely do all the sites in one shot without much trouble over a couple of days in October.  Please start a dialog with me in the ticket I opened Friday so we can plan accordingly.

Nick Hendler

#28 08-17-2015 20:41:24

lgt
Website

New CCP versions has ALWAYS come out with no major customer end-user issues and only a few minor back end revisions. I trust Kryptronic with my business life.

I'm telling you what, the UPS address verification was worth every nickel!  Totally, totally eliminates mis-sent packages.  I am surprised how many people don't know their own zip code.  The 911 address still confuses a lot of folks.

This is not like V6 to V7 or V8.  It would appear that this is an across the board overhaul.

The HTML code output seems much more concise.  The microdata is expertly interwoven.  The Google PageSpeed scores are far, far ahead of my competitor's web pages.   The SEO is a one-by-one check off list from Matt Cutt's blogging and commentary.  And, you've reduced server requests by over 30% vs V8.

I shall take you up on your offer.  Only  three questions:

1. WHICH October?
2. And, Kryptronic's calendar or my calendar? 
3. ALL of them?????

Last edited by lgt (08-17-2015 20:45:04)

#29 08-18-2015 07:22:24

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I need you to write our marketing copy.  You're definitely right on all points.  V9 is a complete overhaul.  It had to be in order to accomplish our goals of providing a fully responsive design (not just responsive templates with a non-responsive core like most of the other software out there), and to provide much better inventory management, extend sales capabilities beyond the store, and provide real order management.

I really appreciate that you took a look at the source and saw that we went at great lengths to maximize the SEO structure of the page content in accordance with Google's guidelines, with much attention to page speed insights. 

Although it's an overhaul, and upgrading will be done using a new install with data/media import, the upgrade process is fairly quick and painless.  We've seen that going to a completely new, responsive skin as part of the upgrade is actually quicker and easier than trying to kludge your current desktop skin into something responsive.  And due to the clean nature of the default 'Flex' skin, as well as the flexibility of the new widget system, and core settings for managing parts of the skin, very little is needed to make V9 look great and look like it's you're site.

This version will be releasing in 2-3 weeks (early September).  We will be handling upgrades beginning in the fall of 2015.  We currently use the same calendar the rest of the world uses, although for the past year, it seems we weren't (this is a joke anyone with a job that has run long in the custom shop recently would understand).

Our plan is to complete the release and clear our custom shop queue of all outstanding V8 work prior to the launch.  The release is about 98% at this point.  We have a few minor things to add, mainly to increase backend usability.  We have queued quite a few custom shop upgrades for V9 already, and those are being handled beginning in October 2015.

Nick Hendler

#30 10-27-2015 10:22:00

sdn

So we have waved goodbye to the June, July, August and September V9 release dates. October is nearly done and still no sign of the ninth coming.

What doth the seer speak of?

Is the ninth coming a falsehood or doth he see a glorious light that guides us to the promised land?

And if the latter, when the bloody hell will we arrive...

Last edited by sdn (10-27-2015 10:31:54)

Simon

#31 10-27-2015 12:06:01

polarize

@sdn You so eliquently posted this question like a true Shakespearean Englishman.  I couldn't help but admire your question as though I was watching a live production of Kryptronic Jousting Tales smile

Using Kryptronic K9! smile
Previous Versions:
ClickCartPro 8
ClickCartPro 7
ClickCartPro 6
ClickCartPro 5.1

#32 10-27-2015 13:22:06

amdowney
Website

If you have used ccp8 long enough, you'd know proposed release dates are not to be relied on. Amazon and eBay modes were 2 or 3 weeks away in spring last year apparently. After ccp8s delays I gave up waiting after a while and went to cscart for the required project or two. Good job as they are still not out! Guessing part of v9?

#33 10-27-2015 13:23:54

sdn

Good Sir Polarize, I thank ye for thine kind words of encouragement. I only speak of these things on behalf of Our Lady for she grows restless with waiting for the ninth coming.

OK, joking over. Please provide us with a realworld release date. Patience is running thin now.

Last edited by sdn (10-28-2015 04:09:03)

Simon

#34 10-28-2015 07:12:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

This is like deja vu all over again, to quote Yogi Bera.  The ebay/amazon modules were incorporated into the V9 codebase this past spring.  The major redesign portions were completed in June.  Since we've been adding functionality and making modifications to make this software the best it can be.  We were targeting an August release early on, but some late changes came in and we pushed to a fall release.  The exact release date will be known when we're 100% ready.  I can tell you we are very close and if I had to put a time on it, it would be measured in a few weeks, not months.  We do have clients we're upgrading ahead of the public release through the custom shop, so some clients will get it right when it's ready, and others will wait for the official launch.  We want this official launch to go as perfectly as possible as this is pretty much all-new all-different software.

Nick Hendler

#35 11-03-2015 08:22:26

franconero

we need update on version 9 pls

#36 11-03-2015 10:34:57

lgt
Website

From post dated 6/6/15 of this thread:

We are pretty firm on a release date sometime in July or very early August.  We've got a number of vacations we're working around throughout June and July.  The software will either drop during the third week in July (19-25), or in August, likely on the 3rd, if it pushes that far.  It's a balancing act of getting the software out quickly for our clients like yourself, while at the same time making sure we have the staff available to support a full release.

I'm pretty sure they are sticking to that time schedule. 

You'll also read posts that this time it is going to be different from all the long delays in the past missed deadlines.

On V7 & V8 "any day now" ran for 3+ months.

Any release dates are suspect.  When Nick & Associates are ready to release it then SURPRISE!  Until then it is just good conversation.  Think Bigfoot and Nessie sightings.

Will say this, the after-release updates have more to do with zany requests than bugs.  Historically, when it comes out it is right.

Last edited by lgt (11-03-2015 10:36:55)

#37 11-04-2015 08:34:41

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks, that's what we strive for - getting it out right.  Release date projections are just that, projections.  If something comes up, and it always does, we handle it.  Doing things this way ensures you don't lose sales during upgrades.  I'm pretty sure anyone who has every upgraded Kryptronic software was able to do so without anything but a positive impact to their site.

Nick Hendler

Board footer