Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 09-16-2015 04:51:46

west4
Website

Europacart V9 Things

Hi,

How's version 9 coming along?

Here's my want list....

1, Automatic follow up emails for reviews and abandoned carts.
2, Price Slider for Volume pricing.
3, Selection Options interact with product images (like Ebay).

I don't mind if these are Xmods or included in release version, either would do.

Waiting With Baited Breath..

Cheers,
Bruce.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#2 09-16-2015 09:11:21

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Europacart V9 Things

Hi Bruce.  V9 is wrapping up right now.  It's really sweet.  We've got you covered on your #1 and #3.

Nick Hendler

#3 09-16-2015 09:29:20

west4
Website

Cool, I will commission the Price Slider then, as soon as I have v9 up and running.

How soon before a DEV version is available?

Cheers,
Bruce.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#4 09-17-2015 09:12:23

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We've got a couple of designers working on dev versions right now doing beta testing.  It's going well.

Nick Hendler

#5 09-23-2015 05:57:26

121NetDesign

How about product variations? Is this in the pipeline?

Tommy Lee

#6 09-23-2015 07:05:36

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I'm not quite sure what you mean by variations. V8 supports product options, which we would consider variations, and both options and products are inventoried.

V9 is completely different.  V9 actually splits what you know as products into two entities: product offers (the offer presented to the customer) and inventory items (inventoried and/or shipped or drop-shipped physical items).  Product offers can be of various types, including a 'Not for Sale' type as well as:

# Service / Download - Offer a service or download, which allows options (non-inventoried, non-shipped item).  Used to sell services and downloads.

# Inventory Item(s) - Offer a single or a radio/select list of multiple inventory items (each can have options).  Used to sell a single inventory/shipped item, or allow a selection of those items.  The latter will likely be used for common variations of inventory items.

# Package Deal - Lists one or more inventory items (each can have options) with set quantities.  Mainly used to bundle a group of items like 1 of item X and 2 of item Y for good pricing.  Also used to present products which must be sold at MAP to be more attractive offers (bundle free items with MAP controlled items).

# Custom Package - Lists one or more groups of radio/select choices for one or more inventory items (each can have options).  We see this being used to sell 1 of A, B or C and 1 of X, Y or Z together for better pricing.  Think of it as allowing the customer to build their own package of inventory items like a Chinese menu.  Choose 1 each from groups D, E and F.

In V9, options are really used to add on custom services like warranties, etc. or to get information for item/offer customizations. They're no longer inventoried and can carry a positive cost, or no cost.  Multiple options, uploads, text inputs, etc. are still all supported, it's just that with the introduction of a true inventory system designed to handle the variations (inventory items) available for product offers, the role of options in V9 is significantly reduced.

Nick Hendler

#7 09-30-2015 00:34:57

sdn

Hi

We use V8 product options to offer variations of a product. There are generally only two variants per product page. We need to track inventory on both versions (which we can do in V8 with option selection items). Will V9 still allow us to do this?

We asked previously if you could offer "multi-child ad to cart" as Volusions have (http://support.volusion.com/article/mul … d-add-cart). Is V9 offering something like that now?

And is the July, August, September, October 2015 (yes, I have included the year for clarification...) release date still on?

Last edited by sdn (09-30-2015 00:37:00)

Simon

#8 09-30-2015 08:41:00

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I would assume your products would best be sold using this setup:

# Inventory Item(s) - Offer a single or a radio/select list of multiple inventory items (each can have options).  Used to sell a single inventory/shipped item, or allow a selection of those items.  The latter will likely be used for common variations of inventory items.

That is how the data importer would import your data - your inventoried options would become inventory items tied to an Inventory Items product offer during the import. We are on track for a October 2015 release at this point.  Very close.

Nick Hendler

#9 09-30-2015 13:46:44

lgt
Website

Whew!  Back in June when it was originally announced I dreamed V9 wouldn't be ready until mid-July or first week of September at the very latest.

Thought my invitation to the Grand Release had got 'lost' in the email.

#10 10-01-2015 07:41:24

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Let the bashing begin...  LGT = site number one at the top of my list to upgrade.  Trying hard to make that 10/15 date for you.

Nick Hendler

#11 10-02-2015 09:42:09

sdn

Hi

Re: post # 8 above

Do you have a demo / beta site example of "Inventory Item(s) - Offer" working?

And re the later posts, folks have been mostly quiet and patient on the June release date that is currently scheduled for October. I hope it is a case of the best comes to those who wait and Google don't change the goalposts the minute we upgrade.

Last edited by sdn (10-02-2015 09:55:06)

Simon

#12 10-03-2015 08:38:30

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I'll post a link up.  I have to set one up in dev.  Right now I've got offers set up 1:1 (offer to inventory item) for testing, so most of my dev store looks like V8 product listings.

Concerning the wait, everyone here knows we release when we're happy with the software and not a moment before.  We're taking a careful approach with this release and trying to optimize for Google now and for the next few years.  We've got millions of beta pageviews on the new responsive themes to ensure they're right.  The SEO has been gone over by multiple experts.  It's nearly got our stamp of approval.  As always, patience will be rewarded. Thanks.

Nick Hendler

#13 10-13-2015 07:18:04

ticketyboo

Will V9 integrate into a Wordpress installation and use the active Wordpress theme?

I have used V6, 7, & 8 and the only major problems I have had with any of them has been the extremely unfriendly way products are added with options which has always seemed way overly complicated, but having said that I can work with it.
If that has been improved its a bonus but Wordpress integration as opposed to Joomla would be superb.

#14 10-13-2015 08:36:41

webmaster
Administrator
Website

V9 does integrate with Wordpress, but simply allows WP to use the Kryptronic theme and embeds your WP homepage feed on your store homepage.  Just like what you see on Kryptronic's site with our Info Center.  We do have future plans to do an inverse integration where the store is skinned like WP.  We've dropped Joomla support from V9, and options are handled very differently in V9 as well.

Nick Hendler

#15 10-13-2015 11:14:53

lgt
Website

Will V9 have an option for multi-store and inventory integration with Amazon & eBay?  Will it be a Mod or standard?

#16 10-14-2015 07:32:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Yes on multisite (multiple URLs, ability to enable/disable pages, categories, settings, products, skin, etc. on each URL)
Yes on inventory integration with amazon and ebay

Multisite is embedded, so that's part of the core.  We're still up in the air as to how the ecommerce channel functionality (ebay and amazon) will be marketed.

Nick Hendler

#17 12-08-2015 06:15:32

dukes
Website

Hi Nick
How difficult would it be for you to produce a module which integrates with amazon and ebay which can push listings or pull listings from/to those channels and also synchronize amazon/ebay inventory, amazon/ebay orders into Europcart. A bit like the M2E Pro extension used by Magento to integrate amazon and ebay with the Magento shopping cart. Something like that would be a serious game changer for Europacart and would definitely take market share from Magento.

Anyway just a thought.

dukes

regards
dukes

#18 12-09-2015 06:01:54

webmaster
Administrator
Website

How difficult would it be for you to produce a module which integrates with amazon and ebay which can push listings or pull listings from/to those channels and also synchronize amazon/ebay inventory, amazon/ebay orders into Europcart.

That's what it does.  That's part of the reason this release is so big and so much work.  The whole point of V9 is to allow you to consolidate your inventory while allowing sale via multiple offers at variable pricing on multiple channels, and to support processing orders, regardless of originating channel, in tandem.

Nick Hendler

#19 12-09-2015 06:30:34

dukes
Website

Ok well that's fantastic. I'll be upgrading for sure.
The other thing was the in built SEO will it be such that it won't require tinkering in webmaster tools blocking parameters etc to avoid duplicate content?
Canonicalization built in etc from the start so no tinkering required there either?
Thanks!

regards
dukes

#20 12-10-2015 08:54:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Canonicalization is built in.  If you use WMT, you will still want to set Google to ignore certain CGI variables.

Nick Hendler

Board footer