Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-25-2015 13:10:58

redmanstudios

Advanced Beta V9 Samples

Just wanted to give everybody a sneak peak of an advanced beta of Version 9.

http://www.mysqueakyfloors.com
http://www.etchworld.com
http://www.wholesalesparklers.com

I have been using click cart since day 15 of it's conception way back when...  and this is by far the best version out their.

We will be rolling out about 5 more stores over the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned!

#2 08-28-2015 12:45:00

lgt
Website

Re: Advanced Beta V9 Samples

I have never been excited about upgrades until V9. 

The HTML is much more streamlined with about 30% fewer server requests than V8.  V9 has all the features I need without the bloated code like the other carts I have tested.

The only thing that concerned me was the bottom menu on my phone.  Pressing on the title "Main Menu" for example does nothing.  The arrows on the right have to be pressed.  Isn't that confusing?  Was to me.

#3 08-31-2015 08:10:45

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Bothered me too.  The production version will link both the arrows and the names.

Nick Hendler

#4 09-07-2015 20:19:54

ThomasGiannou

When can we expect the production version to be ready?  V9 was being talked about a couple of months ago.   

Is going from ver 8.1 to 9 going to be a charged item for those of us on ver 8?

#5 09-08-2015 06:28:20

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We expect to release V9 this month.  We have upgrades starting to queue up in our custom shop for it now.  All V8 installs will have the same upgrade license cost if being upgraded to V9.  We did no major paid upgrades during the V8 series (every update was free), so they're all treated the same as far as upgrade pricing.

Nick Hendler

#6 09-08-2015 16:32:38

johnsonR

I spent some time on the websites with ver 9 installed and found an issue - wondering if it is just my devices or is a problem.

While holding a device in portrait mode it was impossible for me to open the drop down for the Categories and Home/Contact/etc, the drop downs would show for half a sec then the page simply refreshed. In landscape mode everything was fine. I was using a Galaxy Note 3, a Nexus 7 (first edition) and the Xperia Z2 10.1 tablet. I'm not willing to bet that customers are going to try landscape before they give up.

Has anyone else seen this? I also tried an iPad 3 and did not have the problem.

#7 09-09-2015 06:18:12

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Remember, these are beta sites.  You're using an Android, which handles hover differently than apple devices.  That's a hover menu you're trying to open, so instead of clicking to hover like you would on an apple device, do a very light swipe of the menu item to hover and open it without clicking the menu link using your Android device.  I've got a couple of things in dev that help Android users out, as I'm one of them.

Nick Hendler

#8 09-09-2015 20:32:23

johnsonR

Thank you for the response I had not experienced hover menus on mobile - took some practice but I did get the menus to work as you described.

#9 10-13-2015 13:27:29

coatzel21
Website

Will there be upgraded Filtering options in V9? More than 5 slots, etc

#10 10-14-2015 07:35:00

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The filters and how they're built remain the same in V9 (five slots, lots of settings in admin for them), but the display is different.  They are not displayed as a skin widget in a sidebar any longer, they are displayed above the product listing in the content area.  Therefore, setup is the same, execution on the FrontEnd is different.

Nick Hendler

#11 10-15-2015 08:44:36

coatzel21
Website

Could you link an example? And would the filter still be able to function as a widget if we wanted to place it within other areas?

Last edited by coatzel21 (10-15-2015 08:47:05)

#12 10-15-2015 09:23:12

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The filter could be called as a widget with a mod, but it's placement above the product list is where it should be.  Moving it around would interrupt flow, especially on mobile devices.  Here's an example:

http://www.awishcometrue.com/Catalogs/Dance

Color, Size and Price are filters.  Category is a custom page jump.  Here's an example in V8, which we did through the custom shop some time ago and based the V9 code on:

http://www.djangobooks.com/Category/amplifiers_pickups

Nick Hendler

#13 10-15-2015 09:34:50

coatzel21
Website

Yep I remember seeing that mod on the amplifiers.

Take a look at our home page
http://www.coast-automation.com/cart/

It's a big asset to have the filter on the home page so users can immediately start filtering for what they want instead of navigating to a Catpage with filter settings. The filter above the product list would be great for the display on category pages though. To maintain something like this do you see a lot of compatibility issues?

#14 10-16-2015 06:33:40

webmaster
Administrator
Website

How did you get the filter to display any options there?  Was it modded to display all options at all times?  I ask because by default the filter should only show available options for the product listing, which I'm not seeing there.  In V9 the filter call can be executed in a custom widget.

Nick Hendler

#15 10-16-2015 08:46:06

coatzel21
Website

lol you helped me on this..create a category w/ all items, and hide it with the some inline CSS. What took me to long time to figure out was that having the products on the page changed my skin by default to my 'product' skin.

#16 10-16-2015 22:04:08

lgt
Website

Please tell me the related products will have a cross reference option.  So if I relate product A to product B, product B will have the option to relate back to A without having to go to product B and add the product A relation. 

I've wanted and begged for this since V7.

#17 10-19-2015 06:37:17

webmaster
Administrator
Website

lol you helped me on this..create a category w/ all items, and hide it with the some inline CSS. What took me to long time to figure out was that having the products on the page changed my skin by default to my 'product' skin.

You could accomplish the same thing in V9.  When I looked at it, I didn't view the source.  The only way I figured you could have easily done it is the method you outlined.  It's a neat trick I forgot we worked out.

Please tell me the related products will have a cross reference option.  So if I relate product A to product B, product B will have the option to relate back to A without having to go to product B and add the product A relation.

This can be done as a mod, but will not be stock.  The point of entering the related items for each item is that it gives you predictable results and the ability to market the exact products you want.  When you do a cross-reference you will end up with undesirable selections when you relate several different product types in an effort to cross-sell.

Nick Hendler

#18 10-21-2015 13:16:09

coatzel21
Website

How about wordpress integration - in particular for running a blog?

#19 10-21-2015 18:30:31

ambassador

Locating filtering on the home page like coatzel21 did here:

http://www.coast-automation.com/cart/

is most definitely a helpful user-centric structure.  However, the home page filtering would be better if it were not accomplished via CSS hides.

#20 10-22-2015 11:23:49

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The same WP integration that we're running on kryptronic.com is going to be used.  Basically a remote skin exporter in Kryptronic software allows you to use a Kryptronic theme in WP to skin WP like the rest of your site.  Additionally, pulling in the WP feed on your homepage, or anywhere really, is supported.

Nick Hendler

#21 11-20-2015 11:29:19

coatzel21
Website

webmaster wrote:

The same WP integration that we're running on kryptronic.com is going to be used.  Basically a remote skin exporter in Kryptronic software allows you to use a Kryptronic theme in WP to skin WP like the rest of your site.  Additionally, pulling in the WP feed on your homepage, or anywhere really, is supported.

The wp blog will be included as stock correct? We are trying to up are social media / blogging game and the newsRSS didn't really work out as a platform for us. Is there a way I could upload the wordpress beta to the cart while waiting on V9?

#22 11-20-2015 19:05:12

lgt
Website

Question: Do you know why there are so many web designers on this earth?
Answer: Because they ain't worth the powder to blow to Hell.

In my experience, the longer a web designer takes; the more he tells me I'm going to love it; the more costs escalate; the more I'm screwed.

on 06-16-2015 wrote:

We are pretty firm on a release date sometime in July or very early August.  We've got a number of vacations we're working around throughout June and July.  The software will either drop during the third week in July (19-25), or in August, likely on the 3rd, if it pushes that far.

We've seen traffic and conversions increase on the test sites I've linked to above.  Average sales are up, average length of time on site, incoming traffic from organic sources, etc, etc, etc.  One was a V8 upgrade, the other a V7.  The admins are loving the responsive management interface as well.  They can manage the whole site from a bus stop if they want.  I forgot to mention EVERYTHING was redesigned and went responsive.  That includes admin.

I've ranted enough.  Can you tell I'm excited about this one?

Concerning pricing, it's going to be higher.  We're getting our pricing inline with the competition.  Our current pricing on V8 is low due to the fact that it's on it's way out the door.  As a company, we are going to move towards implementing our software on our hosting platform using different plans as our base offering, with a self-hosted version available as an option.  We want to move more towards building software on a day to day basis, like we did in the early days.  We're forming partnerships with longtime Kryptronic clients currently which will allow us to use more resources for Custom Shop work and concentrate here on ongoing software development.  Happy days will be here again for everyone.  All our clients know our software makes them money, more with every upgrade, and it's worth every penny.  In my mind, whatever pricing is finalized, it will be insignificant in an ROI calculation.

Now just to make it clear, Nick is not a web designer- he's a software engineer.  Please don't draw a correlation.

Last edited by lgt (11-20-2015 19:07:08)

#23 11-23-2015 08:34:36

webmaster
Administrator
Website

coatzel21: Just install WP and start loading content to it.  When V9 comes out you can template/skin it then.  Or, are you looking to get it themed and integrated on V8 ahead of time?  That would require a custom shop module install.

Nick Hendler

#24 11-23-2015 08:40:46

webmaster
Administrator
Website

lgt: I'm not sure if there was a question in there or not.  You're right, I'm an engineer.

Nick Hendler

#25 03-09-2016 07:55:16

webmaster
Administrator
Website

A couple of more that have gone live over the past few weeks:

http://www.webbsonline.com/
https://855sheller.com/

Nick Hendler

Board footer