Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-21-2015 13:26:17

netcoservices

Discount by State

In Hawaii, it’s a common practice to give a discount to local residents – “Kama'aina Discount”.  One of my customers in Hawaii would like to automatically give a 5% discount to Hawaii residents.  Anyone have any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

#2 07-22-2015 16:00:47

jj1987
Website

Re: Discount by State

netcoservices wrote:

In Hawaii, it’s a common practice to give a discount to local residents – “Kama'aina Discount”.  One of my customers in Hawaii would like to automatically give a 5% discount to Hawaii residents.  Anyone have any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Do you want the discount to ONLY be applied at checkout, or to show on every page?

It would be difficult to apply it before checkout because you don't know if a user is from HI or not.

-James Garrett

#3 07-22-2015 16:58:53

webmaster
Administrator
Website

With what jj said, I think what you want to do is run a custom sale at checkout and program that sale to give 5% off to all orders going to HI.  Submit a custom shop ticket and we can build this for you, or pull some examples from the forum that are close and tweak them.  Search for 'custom sale script'.

Nick Hendler

#4 07-24-2015 11:08:22

netcoservices

Thanks for the responses.  I'll see if I can find a custom script that is close.  If not, I'll talk with my customer about having it developed through your custom shop.

Board footer