Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#26 04-17-2015 06:53:58

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Sitemap.xml submission problem

I would assume if the program can load enough to run and produce the sitemap, then there isn't an issue pulling the items from the database to build the file.  The next place I would look is memory, to see if possibly the item array is too large to hold in memory properly at some points.  Are there RAM limits enforced through Apache for your hosting account?

Nick Hendler

#27 04-17-2015 07:21:49

ThomasGiannou

I checked and the sitemap.xml file is looking ok again.  I noticed that when the sitemap.xml file has just two lines in it, the activity data on the shopping cart really drops down for those days.  I haven't been able to look at the website .gz logs.   Can't seem to locate a program that will open them.

#28 04-20-2015 14:30:51

ThomasGiannou

I had to make some category description changes because SEO errors were showing up on Bing and Google.   That definately is the trigger for driving out the two line sitemap.xml file from the shopping cart.   This series of events seems to be affecting the activity of people coming into the shopping cart that has been very low for the past 6 days now.   The cart activity has dropped down to 200-300 instead of thousands.   The orders have dropped a lot also.

#29 04-21-2015 06:50:50

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Download your ecom_cat table as a CSV file and be sure that it looks good.  Browse that table online and do the same.  Do you have any issues making SQL statements against ecom_cat?  The only way a SiteMap being generated would remotely be affected by your category updates is if there was an issue with the category table (ecom_cat) itself.

Nick Hendler

Board footer