Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-02-2015 16:46:28

timberguy

Odd shipping scenario

I have a client that has switched to clickcartpro from another software. They use offline credit card for payment. They do not want to show shipping charges as they add those later. We have a notice on the site, that shipping will be added after order is completed. His clientele has always been fine with that.  Our issue is, that if you set products to not ship, so that shipping charges are suppressed, that is also suppresses the shipping address and shipping address choice on the checkout. 

I tried to change the default shipping from 10.00 to 0.00, but if you so that, it then says the shipping is FREE. We dont want that to happen.

We need a way to either force the shipping address to appear on the checkout and subsequent order email. Or, another alternative.  For now, we just have a checkout text area that says to add your shipping address if different than billing. That is not an elegant answer at all.

Another alternative would be to Change the  FREE text to: "Determined after order completion"

Thanks for any suggestions.

#2 03-02-2015 17:36:01

timberguy

Re: Odd shipping scenario

Okay, I found where to change the language strings from FREE to "you will be notified regarding shipping costs"

Now here is my question, how can I make a database query to change all the products from "Not Shipped(Service/Download/Other" , to "Product Based Shipping ?

#3 03-02-2015 18:42:29

timberguy

I figured it out by myself. I'm so proud. wink

In case this is of value to anyone else:

update `ecom_prod` set `delmethod`='P'

#4 03-03-2015 09:08:13

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You got it smile