Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 02-06-2015 07:00:52

mickelb

EU VAT Rule changes on Ecommerce

Part 1 of the VAT rule changes have already come into force, affectinhg digital media sold online. These ridiculous rules are shceduled to be extended to all products sold online from next year.

While ClickCart has the option to apply country tax, it will be a nightmare to keep up to date, especially where there are varying rates in some countries for the same product type, e.g Books. Then there is the accounting detail .............

We have taken the view that we will not sell online to other EU countries and avoid this nightmare (though the EU may end up making it illegal to discrimante I suppose!).

I'm sure I am not the only user of ClickCart that is going down this route?

Would it be possible to have an update to ClickCart to enable sales to selected Countries to be blocked?

#2 02-06-2015 08:20:25

zanart

Re: EU VAT Rule changes on Ecommerce

You can remove any country from the delivery and account country list.

Rob

#3 02-06-2015 09:02:49

mickelb

Yes you can, but how does that show up to the customer, i.e do they get an error or nothing at all if they try to register from acountry not on the list?

I would prefer to leave the standard Country list intact, in case of any updates, and have a definite field indicator that flags if the site doesn't trade with that country.

#4 02-06-2015 09:21:42

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I'd set both the display fields for each of the countries to which you don't want to use to false.  This will remove those options from all forms, making it impossible to create an account with an address in one of those countries.

Nick Hendler

#5 02-06-2015 09:42:26

mickelb

Thanks Nick, that's a neater solution. A couple of thoughts :

1) Would we need to weed out any accounts already in existence from those Countries?
2) How would someone trying to create an account from an affected country know why they were unable to create an account - is there a systerm error message?

Forget 2 - Of course no entry in drop down when creating an account. Been a long week!

Last edited by mickelb (02-06-2015 11:08:19)

#6 02-12-2015 10:01:16

webmaster
Administrator
Website

(1) If you removed the country entry from the db for any affected user accounts, upon checkout/whatever, they'd be prompted for it.

(2) You got it...

Nick Hendler

Board footer