Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 12-17-2014 15:54:12

Murphys001

Region Shipping Within a Country - Europacart 8

Hi, when a customer generates an account and adds a shipping address, would Europacart 8 have the means to collect a region within a customer's shipping address?
The main reason for this inquiry concerns calculating the export shipping cost from Ireland to the UK.

We are based in Ireland (not part of the UK), but shipping costs to Northern Ireland (part of the UK) are the same as Ireland, but higher to other parts of the UK (ie England, Scotland & Wales). Additionally, shipping costs to remote areas of the UK (eg Islands & Scottish Highlands) have an added surcharge per package.

Regardless, we will be needing a custom shipping script written, but thought I would ask the question first.

Thanks....

#2 12-18-2014 07:23:29

kev

Re: Region Shipping Within a Country - Europacart 8

If it helps, I use the below custom shipping script to charge different amounts based on UK regions. 

<?php

$dev = ' - FedEx Next Day';

$info = $this->globals('ecom.customship');

if (($info['country'] == 'UK - Highlands & Islands Scotland')||($info['country'] == 'UK - Isle of Man')||($info['country'] == 'UK - Channel Islands')){

$method  = $info['country'] . $dev;
$total = '24.99';
$custom = array($method => $total);

} elseif (($info['country'] == 'UK - England & Wales')||($info['country'] == 'UK - Scotland Mainland')||($info['country'] == 'UK - Northern Ireland')){

$method  = $info['country'] . $dev;
$total = '7.99';
$custom = array($method => $total);

}

$this->globals('ecom.customship_response',$custom);
?>

#3 12-18-2014 12:57:37

Murphys001

Yes that helps.....
I presume that when a customers creates an account or a shipping address, there are different UK "countries" to select from.
Would that be correct?
Yes I also have the Scottish Highland and Scottish Island problem as well, but with Northern Ireland all post / zip codes begin with BT. Maybe postcodes maybe the way to go for Northern Ireland.

Thanks.....

#4 12-18-2014 18:05:05

kev

"I presume that when a customers creates an account or a shipping address, there are different UK "countries" to select from."

Yes that's correct, you can see the list of available countries here in the admin login area.  You can also set tax rates for shipping destinations:

System Dashboard > System > Locations > Countries

Whether to use postcodes probably depends on how much you get billed for shipping based on certain areas/distances.  I guess that you could write a php script that examines the "System Dashboard > System > Locations > States and Provinces" if you wanted to charge shipping that way.

#5 12-19-2014 19:10:37

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks, Kev.  You're money!

Nick Hendler

Board footer