Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 04-25-2002 16:36:53

CCP5

I've seen several posts referring to CCP5.  When do you expect it to be released, and can you tell us what new features will be in this version? 

Thanks,
Linda

#2 04-26-2002 11:09:48

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: CCP5

CCP5 (hopefully - and don't kill us if this doesn't happen) will be released early this summer - June or July.  We're working out a bunch of issues right now. 

As far as features, the main one will be that the codebase will be 100% brand new - don't worry - a full upgrade from CCP4 will be available for unmodified versions.  For modified versions, too, as long as you don't mind making your hacks and a few datafile changes again.

The codebase (hopefully) will run at least twice as fast and consume 1/4 of the memory that CCP4 does.  Not that we're dissapointed by CCP4's performance in any way, it's just that faster is always better.

The new codebase will allow us to use SQL calls to the database instead of the current Perl file operations.  We're working closely with the developers that wrote the Perl DBI module to get a version of DBI that doesn't have to be installed as root, but can run on any server using the 'use lib' pragma.  DBI will allow tie ins to a number of DB formats including CSV, MySQL, ODBC (Access, MS SQL Server and the like), and others.  We're not sure at this point how much of the data structure will be portable between CSV and other DBI modules, by we'll see...

The use of a pure perl DBI will make developing on the platform easier because of the use of SQL. 

One other major feature is the porting of all code that actually produces HTML output (cart displays, messages, table formatting, confirms) and TEXT output (mail) should end up being editable elements like we're used to using to edit the HTML and store headers in CCP4.  This will ensure that the code only needs to be touched by developers for actual logic changes, not display changes.

Other items include:

-More processing partner support

-Encryption of sensitive data

-HTML auction code production for use on sites like eBay

-Multiple category (over 2 levels) level support

-Support for products belonging to more than one category

-Multiple methods for displaying products

-The ability to run the store with support for remote HTML product pages - products won't have to be in the catalog database

-Support for country based taxes

-Better support for downloadable products

-Multiple methods of payment (CC, PayPal, COD, etc.) at the same time.

-Support for quantity based (and other) discounts on the product level plus exclusion for discounts.  Possibly category based too.

-Import/Export functions for catalog updates and imports from other cart vendors.

-Support for multiple levels of order processing (completed, not completed, shipped, not yet shipped, etc.)

-Statistical functions (absent since 3.5) will be back in and much better.

-Summary data (with ad hoc reporting) for order data.

-Reminders for out of stock items.

-Make sure the maillist doesn't rely on cookies (kind of a bug).

-Easy addition of new fields to the information entry page of the order process.

These are all some of the things we want to see in there.  There are many other items we have as well that are just too much to list here.

If anyone else has any major requests, post them here!

Nick Hendler

#3 04-26-2002 15:01:05

Thank you!  Wow--that sounds great.  By encryption of sensitive data, do you mean that the credit card information will be encrypted before being e-mailed to the store owner?  (Or will it be handled in some other way, such as being stored on a secure server?) Also, what about offering more than one shipping method -- i.e. giving customers the choice of UPS, USPS, etc.?

Linda

#4 04-27-2002 22:35:12

lfluxx

Yes, I Linda posed a question I meant to ask...is there a way to add multiple shippers like Airborne or FedEx?

Also, is it possible to process credit cards other than MC and Visa? Such as Amex or Discover?

Thanks!

Mike L

#5 04-29-2002 08:03:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We're looking into biting the bullet and writing Business::FedEx and Business::USPS ourselves.  Whether we do this will depend on what tools are available from those vendors at the time.

You can process Amex and Discover right now with the program.  Just check your online processing settings to make sure they're turned on.

Nick Hendler

#6 04-29-2002 14:56:22

lfluxx

I am using Authorize.net and followed the instructions from this forum to set ut up. When I go into payment processing settings, under payment accepted card all four cards just say n/a and when an order is placed on my site, only mastercard and visa are available.

Thanks!

Mike

#7 04-30-2002 07:15:41

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If you're using Authorize.net's order form (their secure site) then they only enable the cards that you have the ability to accept.  Contact them about accepting Amex or Discover, etc.

Nick Hendler

#8 04-30-2002 22:45:35

Requests (some may be duplicates of my earlier ones but I'd like to repeat the ones I'd most like to have):

-New / better interface to work with orders -  a clickable list of completed orders which can pull up a page where we can review orders, edit orders, mark them as shipped, etc...

-An interface (perhaps a clickable link / button within feature page requested above) to allow for printing of labels...  The ability to pull up an order, click on a link which would perhaps open a new browser window which formats itself to display shipping information - printer ready for basic shipping labels (avery labels for example) - that would be sweet!

-An interface to view / update inventory and / or pricing of all items in store

-ability to 'upgrade' without wiping out entire 4.0 cart / files.  Perhaps this could be done by a different directory naming (ie ../cp5/cgi-bin/..) thru the installer...  this will help those of us who edit the cart implement the new one and test it out before making it 'live'....

I'd also add multiple payment options but that seems to be coming already.

Thanks again!

#9 05-06-2002 15:00:24

dilmonen
Website

>-An interface to view / update
>inventory and / or pricing
>of all items in store

I was actually thinking of trying to write something myself to do this, but then figured it would be much better to pipe in for the request.  That way it's "supported" by CCP.  ;-)

Anyhow, I was thinking that it would be very helpful (mainly for people who sell items that have variable pricing - like PC parts) if the following were somehow implemented.

A script that would generate an HTML page asking how many items to be show per page.  5-10-25-50 or ALL for the amount to display selection.  Then it would list alphabetically/numerically all your part numbers (which could perhaps also be filtered by category - ie: CPU), the amount in stock, whether or not it uses declining inventory, and what the current price is.  Then you could punch in the pricing and/or inventory amount changes for *all* the items and hit "submit" to make those changes.  I know it would probably be a bit of a beast to code it in, but it would make it *much* easier to do store updates. 

No more: scroll, pick item, update price, scroll again to next item, pick item, update price, scroll again.....  It takes *forever* to get it done that way.  I'd rather do a "batch" update than spend 4 hours making sure all the pricing is kosher because I have to do individual checks.

(Of course that does mean I'm also quite lazy, but I think I'm not the only one that would appreciate this.)

=============================
Damien
damien@hammerheadtech.net
http://www.hammerheadtech.net
=============================
insert witty comment here...

#10 05-02-2002 14:28:40

Adam

It would be nice, especially for international merchants/users have possibility to integrate with RevEcom.com TPP-PRO API

#11 05-03-2002 19:32:34

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We'll check that out.  Thanks.

Nick Hendler

Board footer