Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-15-2014 11:55:54

dskowron

How can I ban a particular user?

We have a guy who is constantly causing problems in our online store. He leaves rude reviews, and also loads up his shopping cart with almos all our inventory, thus preventing anyone else from accessing it. He never buys anything, but just does this to tie up the shop. I'm sick of his crap. I could do an IP block on him at the web server level, but I don't want to risk banning someone else. I have my products visibilty set to "Everyone", but I require an account to place orders. I'd like the visibility to be able to be set as "Everyone EXCEPT this guy". Is there some slick code I can use to do that? Any other suggestions?

TIA

#2 08-15-2014 17:31:16

dskowron

Re: How can I ban a particular user?

Let me answer my own question, then perhaps Nick will endorse this solution.

I created a special User Group called "Assholes". Then, in the account login namespace as well as the account overview namespace,  I excluded "Assholes". That should work, shouldn't it? big_smile

#3 08-18-2014 08:58:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: How can I ban a particular user?

LOL.  This is a good one, and you presented an idea which I didn't think of.  I think that instead of excluding the **censored word** group for the account overview or login page, it would be better to exclude them from the checkout namespace.  That would shut them down and not allow orders to be placed, but would leave everything else operational.  This guy simply putting items in his cart would not affect other customers using a CCP store.  Only purchased items would affect customer cart contents.

Nick Hendler

Board footer