Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-19-2014 17:04:09

Sproz

order confirmation email

Hi,
We've just upgraded to v8 from v6 after suffering the email a friend spam attack on v6. Our streamline/fasthost server moved our site "to a separate scripting environment" whilst the spam email was going on.
Now were up and running on v8 I have problem with the usual order confirmation email from the site, were not getting one! this applies to customers orders but when I pretended to order myself we did get one?? however  low inventory warnings are coming through ok?
I wouldn't be too worried as long as I know the customer is getting there confirmation email, but I'm unsure.
Is it a spam filter problem with our server?
Is there something in v8 I need to adjust?

Cheers

#2 05-20-2014 05:26:05

Graham
Website

Re: order confirmation email

This sounds like the same problem I was having where, because the software sends the e-mail with the customer's address in the From field, our hosts e-mail server was treating it as an attempt to relay spam.

for more information.

#3 06-05-2014 06:03:45

Sproz

How strange....I was just reading that thread when I noticed your reply pointing me to the thread I'd just read!!
Did you get it sorted?
I've submitted a support ticket but have also been googling and came up with this from my host.

http://www.streamlinesupport.net/article.php?id=149

My main problem is that customers cannot contact me through the site and I get no order confirmations

#4 06-05-2014 09:57:07

Graham
Website

Sproz wrote:

How strange....I was just reading that thread when I noticed your reply pointing me to the thread I'd just read!!
Did you get it sorted?

Yes, see post #7 in that thread.

It does mean that when I use "reply" to send someone a message informing them that their order has been dispatched I have to cut and paste their e-mail address from the body of the message into the "To" field, but it's only a minor hassle.

Board footer