Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 03-18-2013 22:04:32

Benjamin001

Note Field

When customer is placing an order is there a field
where he can make notations to me. Example. Rather
than listing 26 initials I show him one page with 26 initials
... all the same price. I then tell him to pick the initial he
wants and put it in notes to me. Re: I want an "A". Can you tell me if this is
possible. Can I get  a "notes" field in shopping cart checkout?
As always,
Many thanks,
Benjamin

#2 03-18-2013 22:18:14

dh783
Website

Re: Note Field

You have at least 10 custom checkout fields which you can configure to what ever you need.

John

#3 03-19-2013 19:11:27

Benjamin001

Thank you

#4 03-19-2013 20:18:45

Benjamin001

Hi John,
Can you give me a bit more explicit direction here. Can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Re: 10 custom checkout fields which you can configure to what ever you need.
Many thanks.
Benjamin

#5 03-19-2013 23:04:06

dh783
Website

System Dashboard > Store > Commerce > Checkout Form Fields

John

#6 03-20-2013 17:45:28

Benjamin001

Thank you John,
Works perfectly.
Benjamin

#7 03-22-2013 04:03:23

west4
Website

Hi, Benjamin,

You don't need 26 products, just one product with a drop down list of letters,
Use a drop down list of the letters and then it will be linked with the product in the order? No need to remember to add a Letter at checkout, if you make it compulsory they will never forget to do it.

This is how to do it:

1, Location: System Dashboard > Store > Catalog > Option Selection Items - and add a new item, make the identifier " a " without quotes, Display Name " A " without quotes.
2, Ignore Inventory Level unless you only have 25 of the product and need to use it.
3, Item Sort Order change to " 1 " for this letter. Click SUBMIT.

3b, Repeat from stage 1 - 3, for the remaining letters of the alphabet changing the letter and sort order forms " 2 " for B, " 3 " for C etc THEN....

4, Goto - Location: System Dashboard > Store > Catalog > Product Options - and create a new option, make the identifier " alphabetlist " without quotes, Display Name " Letters" without quotes. Description " Select your Letter. " without quotes. Form Field Type - Selection List (list). Required Indicator - True.
5, click on the "Related Option Selection Items" item tab on the left and... click the button on all of your letters.
6, Click SUBMIT....

7, Go to your product (update) and select "Related Product Options" on the left tab.
8, find the " alphabetlist " item and select.
9, save...

10, your product now has a dropdown selection list displaying with it.

This list can now be reused with any product than requires an alphabet letter selection, just by adding it to the product using steps 7-9.

Cheers,
Bruce.

Last edited by west4 (03-22-2013 04:35:32)

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#8 03-22-2013 06:37:02

Benjamin001

Thanks Bruce,
Appreciate feedback.
Benjamin

#9 03-24-2013 09:32:02

Benjamin001

Hi Bruce,
Your system worked perfectly. Which brings another related question to mind. I have another set of initials. These are all priced differently. Is there a way of setting this up so that--for example--the drop down menu says "A: $110.00, B: $117.00" etc?
Again,
Many thanks.

#10 03-25-2013 04:02:48

west4
Website

Hi Benjamin,

Yea, go through steps 1-3 to create new alphabet letters, but add the price to your description/identifier and then use the "Price Adjustments" tab on the left to add your price adjustment, (NOTE: this adjusts your product base level price, e.g. adds £5.00 or removes £0.50p etc.) and enter the difference into "Base Price Change*" and save. Don't forget to use a unique identifier for these letters, then follow the rest of the steps.

So for instance if your product has a base price of £100.00 then you would add 10.5 to  "Base Price Change*"  to make this item and letter combination £110.50p
In the description you could put " A - £110.50 " and mention the various price changes somewhere in the product description body.

Cheers,Bruce.

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me, than a full frontal labotomy.

#11 03-25-2013 21:24:04

Benjamin001

Thank you Bruce. Very much appreciated.
Benjamin

#12 05-16-2014 13:10:31

kgillespie
Website

I know how to build the item options and have done various versions with checkbox, radio buttons etc.. but on my new site running vs. 8 if you have used the "drop down selection list" for your item options it defaults the first choice in the list when you view the page. I need it to go to or be set to the blank selection like it used to in vs. 7. What happens even though the item option is a "required" field people don't select it everytime but rather just hit go and it chooses the default of the first item option. Better to have it empty and blank so they have to make a choice of size of item before checking out. My page that shows this example can be seen at: http://animalnaturejewelry.com/store/It … -Mask-Ring
Note - it does this for all of the Rings not just one that is glitched. How to change or fix that any ideas?

I also noticed the vs. 8 demo on the kryptronic site does the same thing which has drop down menu but it is pre-selected to one of the options. This really seems like an overall error in the design/code and flow of cart use and maybe can fixed in next update patch to software.

Last edited by kgillespie (05-20-2014 11:50:01)

#13 05-16-2014 19:00:39

mdowning
Website

kgillespie wrote:

I know how to build the item options and have done various versions with checkbox, radio buttons etc.. but on my new site running vs. 8 if you have used the "drop down selection list" for your item options it defaults the first choice in the list when you view the page. I need it to go to or be set to the blank selection like it used to in vs. 7. What happens even though the item option is a "required" field people don't select it everytime but rather just hit go and it chooses the default of the first item option. Better to have it empty and blank so they have to make a choice of size of item before checking out. My page that shows this example can be seen at: http://animalnaturejewelry.com/store/It … -Mask-Ring
Note - it does this for all of the Rings not just one that is glitched. How to change or fix that any ideas?

Have you tried setting the option selection order yet?

http://tuxedothemes.org/
Wordpress Themes for business, blogs and personal use.

#14 05-20-2014 11:48:07

kgillespie
Website

you answered: "Have you tried setting the option selection order yet?"

If I use the option selection order it only allows for setting what item options I have in the list right? If so how will that help me since it will default to the first one in my list? Unless I create one that is not a real order choice but says something like "Make your selection" and set that to be at "0" or "1" in the order. Although most likely people would still be able to skip making a selection even though set to be required field since the field is already filled or chosen for them with the "Make your selection" option. Trying to force people to manually choose from the drop down when purchasing and not skipping that spot. This really seems like an overall error in the design/code and flow of cart use.

#15 05-20-2014 11:57:20

mdowning
Website

kgillespie wrote:

you answered: "Have you tried setting the option selection order yet?"

If I use the option selection order it only allows for setting what item options I have in the list right? If so how will that help me since it will default to the first one in my list? Unless I create one that is not a real order choice but says something like "Make your selection" and set that to be at "0" or "1" in the order. Although most likely people would still be able to skip making a selection even though set to be required field since the field is already filled or chosen for them with the "Make your selection" option. Trying to force people to manually choose from the drop down when purchasing and not skipping that spot. This really seems like an overall error in the design/code and flow of cart use.

Always, always, always plan your option selection items with the default set to 0. This has always worked for me personally although, at 1st I didn't realize it's function correctly. I now create the default item selection option 1st, then set it to 0 and create the next ones in order from 1-10, or what every number of option selection items needed. Setting the options as required is, of course for options that are required.

Anyways, that's how I now do it....

#16 05-29-2014 18:08:42

kgillespie
Website

I want the default option to say "Select An Option". I don't want it to default to one of the options that are to be selected that is the problem in that there shouldn't be a default as I need the customer to actually choose one. If I leave it as default it will just take the first one in my list which I put in order by 0 through 1, 2, 3 etc... Not sure what good making it a required field is for since they don't actually have to select anything it selects it for them and it can and is getting skipped over during ordering. Would be better if they skip it the software warns them to make the selection before moving on during adding a product. Hope this makes sense as your last posts are helpful with good info but we are missing the point on what the real problem is and there is still no fix for it as far as I can tell. How do we get the kryptronic techs involved on this post?

#17 05-29-2014 18:43:30

mdowning
Website

kgillespie wrote:

I want the default option to say "Select An Option". I don't want it to default to one of the options that are to be selected that is the problem in that there shouldn't be a default as I need the customer to actually choose one. If I leave it as default it will just take the first one in my list which I put in order by 0 through 1, 2, 3 etc... Not sure what good making it a required field is for since they don't actually have to select anything it selects it for them and it can and is getting skipped over during ordering. Would be better if they skip it the software warns them to make the selection before moving on during adding a product. Hope this makes sense as your last posts are helpful with good info but we are missing the point on what the real problem is and there is still no fix for it as far as I can tell. How do we get the kryptronic techs involved on this post?

If a required field has option like color, size, etc, it comes in pretty handy to have it set the way I described. If you want it to say by default "Select An Option" then that would be your # 0 option 1st.

#18 05-29-2014 19:47:16

kgillespie
Website

Yes but that is not forcing the person to actually choose something as they can checkout and even if it is a required option it will just end up being the defaulted selection which says "Make a selection" or "Choose your option" and that information is worthless for processing an order. I appreciate your trying to help but I still think you are missing the main point on this. There needs to be a way to force a shopper into actually making a selection so if the drop down has 50 choices they need to actually choose one from the list not be able to just add to cart letting it use the default. Pretty sure this is standard on most carts. And having a huge list of radio buttons is not a good solution which currently is the only way to actually force someone into making a selection.

#19 05-29-2014 20:05:56

mdowning
Website

Then you may need to take a different approach how you categorize your products and product options to reduce the number of options for a product category. Otherwise write Nick for a quote on customizing your specific site...

Board footer