Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 05-04-2014 04:22:30

sdn

PayPal Express ECOM--COFORM Not Displaying After Return to Cart

A number of customers have reported that they experience a problem where the return to the cart after logging into PayPal and only see the confirm message but nothing underneath it.

It seems that all of the section in <form id="ecom--coform" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" action="https://www.quasarelectronics.co.uk/index.php"> is not appearing.

I cannot recreate the problem here but a perfectly lucid sounding customer reported it again this week. He was using IE on a W8 PC.

What could cause this?

If anyone can recreate this problem on our site wwwquasarelectronics.co.uk please can you let me know.

Last edited by sdn (05-04-2014 04:58:15)

Simon

#2 05-05-2014 09:51:16

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: PayPal Express ECOM--COFORM Not Displaying After Return to Cart

Any type of failure in the order processing chain could cause this - like a flaky mail server.  Are you getting order order confirms from the store?

Nick Hendler

#3 05-06-2014 03:27:57

sdn

We always receive confirmation emails when orders are placed.

What was strange is that his attempt did not appear in BOM as Pending Payment. If I checkout using PPE, login in to my PP account, return to our site but not Process Payment it always appears as a pending payment order in BOM (but then I always see the form section of the page). If the form section is not displayed then I suppose the attempt is not logged.

I just tried this and it worked fine. The Process Payment page has the url

https://www.quasarelectronics.co.uk/ind … 3LHRN37DE.

What browser and server side things are used in the process? Are cookies and JS used? What if the customer has disabled cookies or JS is not available?

Can the debugger be used to trace the cause? Where should I be looking for issues?

Last edited by sdn (05-06-2014 03:34:11)

Simon

#4 05-06-2014 09:25:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The best way to debug this is to turn on file-based debugging and then try to recreate an error.  If you're successful, check the log files in {private}/temp.

Nick Hendler

#5 05-11-2014 15:49:51

sdn

I cannot recreate the error on my browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) but I am seeing a debug error that seems to coincide with going through the checkout process. It is:

CORE_Error::error: Non-fatal error encountered: Undefined variable: formid File: /core/CORE/includes/formfield_billshipadd.php Line: 86

where line 86 is

$js_docready  = 'billShipAddressChange({\'formid\': \'' . $formid . '\', \'changetype\': \'' . $name . '\'});';

I have made regular backups of the core-private files to my hard drive. The file currently on the server is the same as a backup dated 28/06/13.

There is also another error in the same debug log. It also appeared on its own in another log. It is:

CORE_Error::error: Non-fatal error encountered: Undefined variable: return_content File: /core/CORE_Display/CORE_Display.php Line: 1624

Version is 8.0.0 and line 1624 is:

$return_content .= '<h1 id="skin_pgtitle">' . $title . '</h1>' . $eol;

I have not amended either of these two php files. Do you have any idea why these error are being reported?

Last edited by sdn (05-12-2014 02:57:08)

Simon

#6 05-12-2014 10:27:51

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Missed them while debugging during testing.  None are fatal or pertinent to the confirm page not displaying, though.

Nick Hendler

#7 06-20-2014 04:48:27

sdn

I have a screenshot of the problem from a customer now. What is happening for him is that after logging in using PayPal express he is being returned to a page with the correct message that states the order is ready for completion BUT below that is not the order details and Process Payment button (i.e. the form id="ecom--coform" contents) that I see but the CheckoutIntro page again so he is in an eternal loop.

We have changed the message text and also changed the class from confirm to error to make it stand out more. Would that make any difference or is it that the cart is loosing the thread somewhere else?

The screenshot is not highres but I can make out the url has index.php?app=ecom&ns=paypalproexpret&action=RETURN&payment_method=paypal followed by a lot of other characters so it looks about right on that front. Do you want to see the screenshot?

Simon

#8 06-23-2014 13:18:23

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Please post the screenshot, or open a ticket in the custom shop on this and send it there.  The changing of the class/message type for the return message would not cause an issue.

Nick Hendler

#9 08-15-2014 03:01:35

sdn

Despite submitting a ticket this continues to be a problem for our site. Is anyone else aware of customers reporting a problem with the PayPal Express checkouts not working or is it just us?

Simon

#10 08-15-2014 09:37:04

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I'm working on your ticket.  Please, when you get a message from our system, reply with the subject line intact.  It's hard to manage this ticket because every reply from you is coming in as a new ticket without reference to the original.

Nick Hendler

#11 09-19-2014 15:42:29

sdn

Another regular customer reported the same PayPal Express checkout issue again this week. He was using a MAC desktop and tried Safari and Firefox with the same blank screen on returning to the cart after logging into PayPal. This is quite frustrating as it is loosing us sales and we have no idea how to fix it.

We have added some text to the Checkout Intro and Form Setup just above the closing ?>. Could this cause the problem?

Code:

print '<p class="confirm">Express delivery orders placed BEFORE 2pm (GMT) Mon-Fri will be despatched same day (subject to availability). International shipping charges are non-refundable once goods have been despatched. Prices quoted are British Pounds Sterling (GBP).</p>' . $eol;

Last edited by sdn (09-20-2014 07:42:25)

Simon

#12 09-19-2014 16:14:57

dh783
Website

If you do a test sell say through check payment (set to preform order updates) to you get the final page, or does this only happen with PayPal. Getting a totally blank screen generally donates a syntax problem in a script or page code. Have you done any other edits lately? 

John

#13 09-20-2014 07:26:13

sdn

The problem exists only on PayPal Express checkout according to the feedback we have received. And it only affects certain users as we do receive orders via PayPal Express from other customers.

The failed attempts from the customer this week did not register on the cart at all (i.e. not even as failed orders pending payment). I created an account for him while he was on the phone, he then logged into this using the same computer, browser and shopping cart session and checked out fine with the PayPal (Standard Method) - Payment Form.

I cannot recreate the problem here otherwise it would be much easier to get to the cause. When I do a PayPal Express checkout I come back to the cart with a URL like ".../index.php?app=ecom&ns=paypalproexpret&action=RETURN&token=EC-4C037243P8578290E&PayerID=VEL23LHRN37DE" and see the correct screen contents. If I stop here and do not hit the Process Payment button the order is logged by the cart as an order pending payment.

I notice that the message that I mentioned us having added to "Checkout Intro and Form Setup" appears in the <form id="ecom--coform" section. All of the ecom--coform section (the order review and Process Payment button) is missing for those customers having the problem.

Last edited by sdn (09-20-2014 07:50:56)

Simon

#14 09-22-2014 10:09:56

webmaster
Administrator
Website

I'm thinking this may be mail server related.  Is your server rejecting some order emails and not others?

Nick Hendler

#15 09-22-2014 10:31:42

sdn

I remember a couple of times where internal order confirmation emails failed to arrive here. We manually hit the "Send Internal Mail Confirmation Message(s)" many times in BOM but the orders still refused to come through. We updated the customers order to our own email address and then they arrived fine.

Not sure if its relevant but DKIM and SPF were not enabled on the server (although they are now as I have just turned them on).

The hosting company we use said they could see no problem apart from our mail server being blacklisted by a couple of places both of which appear to be of no significance.

Last edited by sdn (09-22-2014 13:38:32)

Simon

#16 09-23-2014 07:42:49

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Blank screens and 500 errors in the order confirmation phase indicate a problem with mail 95% of the time.  Perhaps you can try to send those customer emails a message in admin using the contact form and see what happens.  Although, the SPF and DKIM updates may have solved this.

Nick Hendler

#17 09-23-2014 10:28:02

sdn

Just had another customer reporting the same problem so changing the mail server settings has not solved it. He was using Chrome on a MAC (but there have been Windows PCs with the same problem).

I used the contact message form to send a test message using his email address and it arrived fine so that is not the problem.

I noticed two hacks in ECOM_Checkout. One is to do with purchase orders and the other with not showing the VAT number field to non-EU customers. As only some PayPal Express checkouts are affected it is difficult to see those being the cause.

Could it be that the people affected have some security software on their machines that is blocking the process?

Last edited by sdn (09-24-2014 10:20:29)

Simon

#18 10-08-2014 08:56:34

sdn

I have discovered a similar problem to the above but with the admin interface in Chrome. All of the Advanced Interface contents in "GUIwindowWrapper" are missing. Standard Interface is fine. This only happens on my laptop, the desktop is fine. Both are W7-64 with latest Chrome version.

Closing chrome and then reopening it with the admin page tab selected made it display correctly (the account was still logged in). If I then switch to standard and back to advanced the "GUIwindowWrapper" contents disappears again.

The missing content also appears when I right click on the System Dashboard text and select Inspect Element. I found two errors in the console:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS https://www.ourdomain.co.uk/admin.php
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS https://www.ourdomain.co.uk/admin.php?a … e=GUI74535

Ctrl-r sometimes works to clear the problem too. I see a number of results in Google for the error so it is not isolated.

Do you have any ideas how it can be fixed? It is the PayPal payments issue that really concerns me and I suspect this new problem points to a solutions to both.

Last edited by sdn (10-09-2014 00:16:17)

Simon

#19 10-09-2014 08:26:34

webmaster
Administrator
Website

What you're explaining sounds like an issue with the caching engine in Chrome.  Cache misfires should in theory retrieve content, not display a blank page, but that may be a function of the JS libraries in Chrome interacting with cache.  Regardless, this is out of our hands - unless we were to strip all JS functionality.

Nick Hendler

#20 10-09-2014 09:02:21

sdn

Our Analytics stats show that more people use Chrome on our site than IE and Firefox combined so it would be a costly problem for us if, as I suspect, it was also causing the PayPal Express payment processing problem outlined above.

Do you think there could be a work around?

There are various reports about it e.g. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4390 … er-chrome. ABP is sited as a potential cause here but I just installed it on my desktop and the interface comes up fine. It is just a problem on my laptop and there are no Chrome extensions on that.

Last edited by sdn (10-09-2014 11:02:08)

Simon

#21 10-10-2014 07:52:22

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Disable the Ajax functions in the store (checkout, cart, search, etc) and go back to a non-Ajax setup.  That would definitely clear all of these types of issues, and probably help with the PayPal issue.  This sounds like a bug in Chrome more than anything...

Nick Hendler

#22 02-10-2015 08:54:18

sdn

Regarding PayPal Express not working correctly for some customers (the eternal loop detailed above). I see it involves index.php. Does it matter if this has a file permission of 644?

I see in the php it talks about main_path_force and directory permissions of 777.

We cannot set public files to 777 (775 or 755 is OK). Would that cause any issues or the fact we serve the site completely as https?

Simon

#23 02-12-2015 10:14:47

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If the index.php file is producing content, it's permissions are fine.  If it's producing a 500 server error, they need adjusting.

Nick Hendler

#24 02-20-2015 09:08:56

sdn

Following another complaint about this issue I have managed to recreate it both on our site and your demo site at https://kryptronic.com/demo/.

I logged into a PayPal account using the express checkout button on both sites but this time I chose to change the delivery address held by PayPal. It is doing this that causes the problem.

Now you can test the problem for yourself please can we get an speedy solution.

Last edited by sdn (02-20-2015 09:32:21)

Simon

#25 02-20-2015 10:47:00

zanart

just chipping in...
what error do you get on the demo site??
I have added item, express checkout, logged in and then changed the dleivery address but didn't get any errors.

A while ago I had a similar problem with the order complete message only being displayed after payment but it was on sagepay as well as paypal.

I think it was caused by an extra file here: private/apps/ecom/ECOM_Order/ext

if you have ANY .php files in that folder except the 11 original you will have a problem. Any backups or copies in that folder cannot be saved as .php

Rob

Board footer