Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-08-2013 10:19:49

kidsandco
Website

Shipping text in checkout

I'm using a custom shipping script based on total item cost, and the destination country. For countries which I haven't set a specific rate the script specifies a default action:

Code:

default:

if ($info['total'] >= '0' && $info['total'] <= '9999.99') {
     $custom = array('We will contact you with a quote for shipping to ' . $country . ' once you submit your order' => '0.00');

} else {
     $custom = array($method => '0.00');
}

The issue is that on step 1 of the checkout, under Delivery Address & Method, the address is displayed and underneath this is generated:

We will contact you with a quote for shipping to Australia once you submit your order - FREE

The "FREE" at the end is of course a result of the default rate being set to £0.00 in the script. But this is proving to be misleading to a lot of customers.

The only way to not show the text "FREE" is to set the default rate to £0.01, but again this is printed at the end of that line in the checkout, which to customers appears incomprehensive really:

We will contact you with a quote for shipping to Australia once you submit your order - £0.01

Can anyone offer a viable suggestion? I'm currently trying to find where exactly the software generates the last part of that line - either "free" or the currency symbol + rate

K.R.
Kids & Co. Wholesale

Board footer