Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-08-2013 10:19:49

kidsandco
Website

Shipping text in checkout

I'm using a custom shipping script based on total item cost, and the destination country. For countries which I haven't set a specific rate the script specifies a default action:

Code:

default:

if ($info['total'] >= '0' && $info['total'] <= '9999.99') {
     $custom = array('We will contact you with a quote for shipping to ' . $country . ' once you submit your order' => '0.00');

} else {
     $custom = array($method => '0.00');
}

The issue is that on step 1 of the checkout, under Delivery Address & Method, the address is displayed and underneath this is generated:

We will contact you with a quote for shipping to Australia once you submit your order - FREE

The "FREE" at the end is of course a result of the default rate being set to 0.00 in the script. But this is proving to be misleading to a lot of customers.

The only way to not show the text "FREE" is to set the default rate to 0.01, but again this is printed at the end of that line in the checkout, which to customers appears incomprehensive really:

We will contact you with a quote for shipping to Australia once you submit your order - 0.01

Can anyone offer a viable suggestion? I'm currently trying to find where exactly the software generates the last part of that line - either "free" or the currency symbol + rate

K.R.
Kids & Co. Wholesale

Board footer