Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 01-20-2011 16:37:36

bychance

Editing Splash

I've edited the  Splash before, but it's been so long now I can't for the life of me remember where it is at.

I went here:

Clicked update on the Splash. But what is shown there, is not what is actually on my splash.

I recall downloading the splash, editing it, then uploading it. I have the splash.php file that is visible on my homepage in the splash area.

I'd be grateful for some direction.

#2 01-20-2011 19:09:56

vbsaltydog
Website

Re: Editing Splash

Your CCP install has a default namespace that is what you may be confusing with a "splash" page. This is the page that you may need to edit. The Website component of CCP has a splash page and the Store component has one too. Only one can be set as the default namespace for the CCP program.

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

#3 01-21-2011 06:21:57

bychance

Thank you vbsaltydog for your response.
Do you know where splash.php is stored?

#4 01-21-2011 06:56:59

nigel
Website

you probably need to edit the splash.php for the skin you are using

Nigel

#5 01-21-2011 08:01:54

bychance

After I edit it, where do I put it?
I've got the file and made the changes I want. Now I need to upload it and I'm not sure where to put it.

Thanks,

#6 01-21-2011 08:18:22

nigel
Website

I usually make changes through ccp admin

Location: System Dashboard > System > Displays > Display Skins

select the skin you are using then edit splash.php. If you already have the changes you could just copy and paste (best to backup first).

If you are using FTP you will find it in the includes directory of the skin you are using:

www/skins/skin_name/includes/splash.php

Nigel

Last edited by nigel (01-21-2011 08:29:01)

#7 01-21-2011 11:12:12

bychance

ahh.. Thank you!

#8 05-06-2013 18:43:27

mdowning
Website

nigel wrote:

I usually make changes through ccp admin

Location: System Dashboard > System > Displays > Display Skins

select the skin you are using then edit splash.php. If you already have the changes you could just copy and paste (best to backup first).

If you are using FTP you will find it in the includes directory of the skin you are using:

www/skins/skin_name/includes/splash.php

Nigel

I do not see a splash.php where you said it should be. I don't see one in admin at all that covers the store display. Can you help me out?

http://tuxedothemes.org/
Wordpress Themes for business, blogs and personal use.

#9 05-06-2013 22:52:34

dh783
Website

The "store" splash page is created by a function within ECOM.php and really doesn't have a display include since it is mainly just the main categories and featured item displayed.
The site splash page (the one at System Dashboard > Website > Content > Webpages > splash) is actually stored in the database in the cms_html database table, but is generally best edited thru admin at its' location, cut and past new code.

John

#10 05-06-2013 23:20:27

mdowning
Website

dh783 wrote:

The "store" splash page is created by a function within ECOM.php and really doesn't have a display include since it is mainly just the main categories and featured item displayed.
The site splash page (the one at System Dashboard > Website > Content > Webpages > splash) is actually stored in the database in the cms_html database table, but is generally best edited thru admin at the its' location, cut and past new code.

John

For some reason my store splash is lopsided, but only in IE and only on one PC it seems. At first I thought it was something in the code but I don't think I've touched it at all.

#11 05-15-2013 00:12:15

Darasold

Your CCP install has a default namespace that is what you may be confusing with a "splash" page. This is the page that you may need to edit. Latest CCP modes are available. You can check it out on internet.

#12 05-15-2013 00:41:55

mdowning
Website

Darasold wrote:

Your CCP install has a default namespace that is what you may be confusing with a "splash" page. This is the page that you may need to edit. Latest CCP modes are available. You can check it out on internet.

What do you mean by Latest CCP modes are available? I'm not sure I know what that is.
I am referring to this link.....
http://kool-computers.com/index.php?app … ;ns=splash

Board footer