Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 06-15-2011 11:02:04

JGB

PayPal Express Checkout - No button.

Hi, I configured my paypal express checkout and activated everything, but I don't get any display for PayPal Express. The buttons are not showing up. I searched the forum and didn't see anyone having that issue. I have the cart installed locally on MAMP and it works there, but not on the live store. I do get the option for paypal as one of the payment options in the checkout form, but no express button in the cart.

Anyone know what might be causing that to happen?

Thanks,
John

#2 06-16-2011 17:17:31

htw_simon
Website

Re: PayPal Express Checkout - No button.

If you are just using PayPal express checkout, and not website payments pro, check that the API username and API password are blank in Store > Component > Settings > PayPal Website Payments Pro Settings. If you have something entered in these the buttons will not appear. The "Enable PayPal Express Checkout Link" select box should also be set to true if it is not. This was the problem for us, it may help you too.

#3 06-16-2011 22:49:50

JGB

You are a genius, thanks so much! That fixed it!

#4 12-21-2012 14:59:02

meshugy

I am also having trouble getting the PayPal Express button to appear. I am using PayPal Standard and that is working fine for regular checkout. I went to Store > Component > Settings > PayPal Website Payments Pro Settings and enabled the Paypal Express link. I also entered my API key file as well the API username and password. As mentioned above, I also tried without the API username and password but that didn't work either.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the PayPal Express button to work when using PayPal Standard?

BTW, I'm using CCP8.

Thanks,

Michael

Last edited by meshugy (12-21-2012 15:10:48)

#5 01-03-2013 22:42:21

meshugy

Nick pointed out that the PayPal Express button won't work unless you have Guest Checkout enabled. Now that I have that set correctly the PayPal Express button is displaying.

Board footer