Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 11-25-2012 14:40:26

jimoe

User entered an incorrect email address - how to fix?

clickcart v7.1.4

A user entered an incorrect email address when they created an account in the shopping cart. The email address is the primary key for the core_users table. That seems a bad choice, especially since such entries are prone to errors as has just happened.

Can I just fix the entry in the database table itself?

Since the verification mail bounced (hence my estimation of a poor choice for a key value), if I do modify the database table entry, how do I re-issue a password verification request?

Or must I punish the user by requesting they re-enter everything again by re-creating an account?

#2 11-25-2012 15:31:05

dh783
Website

Re: User entered an incorrect email address - how to fix?

Go to Raw Database Admin, click Browse for core_users, find the customer entry and clone it, then enter the correct email information in the id field and submit. They should be able to logg into there account using the new id information, once your comfortable they are good delete the old user account.
It not really a bad choice for the primary key, remember that the customer has to enter the email twice for it to be inserted into the database.

John

#3 11-26-2012 00:52:06

jimoe

Re: User entered an incorrect email address - how to fix?

It is a bad choice. Email addresses change more often that phone numbers. No one thinks to use a phone number as primary key value.

Thanks for the input. Cloning and changing the primary key worked fine.

Board footer