Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 07-24-2012 05:09:56

Enox

Some Payments not accepted

Hi,
I  have had a few cases where people have tried to use there card at the checkout and the payment has not been accepted.

In one case my website classed the payment as 'pending' ye it still went through into sagepay and they took the amount from his account.

In another case a customer tried using two different cards but it wouldnt let him complete the order so that stayed in 'pending payment'

I dont know wether these issues are related to the same problem.

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening?

Cheers

#2 07-24-2012 08:24:13

salesdesk

Re: Some Payments not accepted

I've seen this happen on slow servers like Godaddy.   In those cases, your server doesn't respond quickly enough and the payment is never logged into CCP.  Do you offer more than one option for payment?  Have you tested to see when this blows up?  If you contact me directly, I can have an engineer look at it for you.

#3 08-17-2012 04:42:40

Enox

Just getting back to this, as i have had another failed payment.
Just to clarify it is not happening with all payments, just a few.

For two sepperate occasions i have received an invalid 'Issue number format' within sagepay.
And these payments were made using a visa card, to my knowledge issue numbers were only required with solo cards...

Can anyone shed any light on this matter.

Thanks

Kyle

#4 08-17-2012 10:40:38

Iceit88
Website

I am not using GoDaddy hosting, but have seen this a few times also using PayPal checkouts.  The customer is charged, but they either receive a message that the order was not completed or some sort or error.    It seemed to happen more on the old 5.1 site then CCP7.

Bryan

Hat Trick Sports, LLC

#5 09-18-2012 08:17:32

Enox

Ok after some testing,

i have come to the conclusion that i am getting these unaccepted card transactions due to either accidental or ignorant input into the 'issue number' field in the checkout process.

i use - SagePay (Protx) Direct - Secure Server.

Having looked at the form code i see that the issue number is not required
yet it is deffinately when something is input into this field during checkout that it is coming back as an error

Code:

$olpform['fields']['DISPLAY'][] = array('type'   => 'TEXTCUSTOM',
                                        'params' => array('name'     => 'IssueNumber',
                                                          'required' => 0,
                                                          'display'  => 'Issue Number',
                                                          'desc'     => 'Enter the issue number for your payment card, if an issue number is printed on your card.'));

Would i be able to change the Form display code so that the issue number field is only ever available when a solo / maestro card has been selected?

Thanks

Enox

Last edited by Enox (09-18-2012 08:19:10)

#6 09-24-2012 05:00:57

Enox

Bump

#7 11-19-2012 13:30:08

ladykarlotta

I just had acustomer email me that her payment would not go through.  I am using GoDadddy as my hosting site.  Should I have her try this again?
Karla

Board footer