Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-31-2012 09:56:14

Wolverine
Website

PayPal payments failing

Any idea what is causing this Paypal message?  Haven't had the problem before.

"Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://www.magnetic-knifeholder.com/uti … K201208281

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,

PayPal "

Last edited by Wolverine (09-01-2012 14:13:27)

#2 09-02-2012 09:45:01

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: PayPal payments failing

Check to be sure the /utilities/ecomrelay.php file exists on your server.  If it does, permissions may not be right on the file or the utilities directory.  Generally these are set to 777, but may need to be set to 755 to work on your server.  If everything looks right for the permissions, check to be sure your .htaccess SEO rules are correct by comparing them against the wiki.

Nick Hendler

#3 09-04-2012 09:43:17

Aircut
Website

Nick, I am not sure Wolverine and me describe the it the same issue, where do one starts to troubleshoot?

would really appreciate some assistance in troubleshooting why MOST but NOT ALL orders that are going through PayPal's standard payment gateway are failing to complete smoothly.

On checkout customers are directed to the PayPal's website, their payment is received, we get the email confirmation from PayPal, the order is marked pending, but OVER HALF of the orders fails to complete and users are reporting error messages when they return to our website.

I'm not sure why some orders do get through and some are not.

Our PayPal settings are not set for automatic redirection back. Users must manually click on the "return" link after payment.

This is quite an irritating problem and I would really appreciate some guidance on how to approach the troubleshooting

#4 09-04-2012 15:29:46

Wolverine
Website

As some of your orders are  going through and some not, you probably have a different issue.  At Nick's suggestion I changed the permissions on the file and haven't heard from PayPal since.

#5 09-04-2012 21:04:05

Aircut
Website

ecomrelay.php on my server is set to 777 since ver 7

#6 09-04-2012 21:12:46

Wolverine
Website

I set it to 755 - so far no problems.

#7 09-05-2012 06:33:38

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Check your PayPal Standard setup against the one in the demo store on kryptronic.com.  Are there any data differences other than your PayPal email address being used versus ours?  When you access the ecomrelay.php file using your browser directly, do you get an order failed message (which is what you should get)?

Nick Hendler

#8 09-05-2012 09:29:09

Wolverine
Website

Oops!  Maybe all is not well after all.  Here's what I get when I bring up ecomrelay in the browser:

Checkout

The following error occurred while attempting to process your transaction:

A complete common gateway interface request was not received by the online processor. The request was missing all required parameters.

#9 09-06-2012 00:18:59

Aircut
Website

Dear Nick,

I confirm that the setting and the script on my side and the demo site are identical

and yes, as expected i get an error when trying to access ecomrelay.php directly which reads:

Checkout

The following error occurred while attempting to process your transaction:

A complete common gateway interface request was not received by the online processor. The request was missing all required parameters.

some of the users describe an error message when returning to our site from Paypal, then they see that their cart is still full and pay a second time for the same order, followed by an email from a frustrated customer...

some orders come through smoothly,  and some stuck at pending payment

how to continue debugging?

#10 09-06-2012 06:21:23

webmaster
Administrator
Website

If some orders are completing, then your setup on the ClickCartPro side as far as permissions and the relay are fine.  Are the failing payments coming through with a Response Code that you don't have configured as valid in your PayPal setup within ClickCartPro?

Nick Hendler

#11 09-06-2012 08:52:44

JayCR48
Website

BTW, this is an old and persistent problem for us too with v7, exactly as Aircut describes.  Hoped it would go away in v8, but cannot confirm that it has or has not at this time since we've only recently upgraded.  I've always thought this was something to do with settings at PayPal.  Possibly the auto return settings.

We distribute high quality steel auto body panels for use in the rust repair industry.

#12 09-06-2012 14:04:12

Aircut
Website

I have disabled  auto return from papal since v7. Autoreturn on papal standard results in error on all orders.
What i am suspecting is user confution. Can it be that manual return is not so clear to computer challanged users? I tried to add more clear instructions but with no evil. I must be tuned in to the store 24/7 just to assist in completing customers' order and generating email confirmation. Very furstating to all sides involved. I wish there will be a solution to this.

#13 09-06-2012 14:07:00

Aircut
Website

No nick. Payments are not failing. What is failing in some order is the completion of the order from pending to complete. And of course ccp8 is not mailing out the confirmation emails...all this is done manually endless times per day...

#14 09-07-2012 16:35:10

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks for the explanation.  The orders are not completing and emails are not being sent out because you've deactivated IPN from within PayPal it seems.  PayPal is not relaying any of the order info back to CCP unless the customer clicks the return to site button.  If you have IPN enabled, that would function.

Nick Hendler

#15 09-07-2012 19:46:05

Wolverine
Website

Nick,
What is the proper URL to enter for the Paypal IPN to function properly?

#16 09-08-2012 04:42:42

Aircut
Website

yes, i would echo Wolverine question. With IPN enabled what should be the return URL
and would IPN enabled work with PAYPAL STANDARD?

As I recall from CCP7 that turning auto return from paypal on and specifying the return URL of ecomrelay.php gives an error message about the payment processor not sending a proper common gateway request, and all required parameters are missing.

i did not tried it yet in CCP8, has something changed?

Last edited by Aircut (09-08-2012 04:50:11)

#17 09-08-2012 14:54:09

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The IPN URL should be pointed to the ecomrelay.php script in the public utilities directory.  As far as I know, there are no issues with using IPN with v8.  It's been fully tested and plenty of people have it activated.

Nick Hendler

#18 09-08-2012 20:17:23

Aircut
Website

PROBLEM SOLVED

here is what i did

I enabled IPN from the paypal side and pointed it to the public url for ecomrelay.php

tested again and still got a processing order.

the next step was to visit the kryptonic site interactive demo, loged in to the management interface, garbed the form code for the paypal standard payment method and replaced mine with the demo site code than i double checked that my settings are exactly as on the demo site, which they were.

that seemed to solve the problem.

i had the IPN disabled, and my form code was probably not updated. I assumed that when you do a version upgrade these gateway code updates are being updated as well....

i hope that this would help other encountering the same problem.

thanks again to nick and everyone who offered assistance.

Last edited by Aircut (09-08-2012 23:33:57)

Board footer