Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-30-2012 05:18:48

btwebmedia

Multiple Version 8 Modifying Questions

Hello:

I have four questions that needs to be answered. Any help will be appreciated.

1. On my Desktop verion of the site when I click on the Store Home link on the breadcrumbs menu I have the page just displaying the category images. For some reason on the Mobile version of the site it's showing the category image along with the category description. How can I just show the category image and no description on the Mobile verion?

2. Now once I click on one of my category images or links it's showing the category image on the top left of the content area and then the description to the right of the category image. How can I remove the category image off of the category description pages?

Example: http://www.eloisespastries.com/tea-brea … reads.html

3. I would like to add a dropdown menu on the contact us page asking a customer how did they find our site (Google, Yahoo, Friend, etc.). How can I edit the contact us form to add more form fields?

4. What is the code that I can put on my Desktop version of the site that gives the option to switch to the "Mobile" version?

Thanks and any help will be appreciated.

#2 08-30-2012 07:08:03

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Re: Multiple Version 8 Modifying Questions

1. On my Desktop verion of the site when I click on the Store Home link on the breadcrumbs menu I have the page just displaying the category images. For some reason on the Mobile version of the site it's showing the category image along with the category description. How can I just show the category image and no description on the Mobile verion?

You can adjust the mobile display for categories at Store > Store Displays > Category Displays.

2. Now once I click on one of my category images or links it's showing the category image on the top left of the content area and then the description to the right of the category image. How can I remove the category image off of the category description pages?

Edit the 'Category Detail Display' include under System > Displays > Display Includes.

3. I would like to add a dropdown menu on the contact us page asking a customer how did they find our site (Google, Yahoo, Friend, etc.). How can I edit the contact us form to add more form fields?

This is a little complicated, but essentially you'll need to add drop down options to the core_selectcustom table in System > Database > Raw Database Admin.  Make sure that you use the same 'selectid' for each.  Then add a field for the Contact Form by inserting a new row into the core_formfields table.  That field's 'type' will be a SELECT-CUSTOM, it will need to be assigned to the 'core.content' form, and it's 'typeparam' will be the selectid you used for your drop down choices.

4. What is the code that I can put on my Desktop version of the site that gives the option to switch to the "Mobile" version?

You can either make use of the 'Mobile / Full Site' skin widget in your skin, or you can simply put a link somewhere that points to the URL generated by:

Code:

$this->link_namespace('core','mobiledesktopswitch');

Ie:

Code:

<a href="<?php print $this->link_namespace('core','mobiledesktopswitch'); ?>">Switch View</a>

Nick Hendler

#3 08-31-2012 05:48:59

btwebmedia

Nick thanks for your quick response.

For #2 - Is it possible to have this happen only for the mobile version.  I wasn't able to see the mobile version for "Category Detail Display".

For #3 - I'll be honest I wouldn't know where to start on this sad but thanks for offering suggested steps.

Thanks.

#4 08-31-2012 06:01:25

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You can recognize whether or not the mobile display is active and do something different with code like this:

Code:

$mobile_display = $this->globals('core.mobile_display');

if (!(empty($mobile_display))) {

//Do something for mobile here

} else {

//Do something for desktop here

} // End of if statement.

Nick Hendler

#5 08-31-2012 07:42:06

btwebmedia

Hello:

I ended up with the code below and it seems to be working.

// +--
// | Check the images.
// +--

$mobile_display = $this->globals('core.mobile_display');

if (!(empty($mobile_display))) {

//This prevents any category images from showing on the category detail display pages for MOBILE

} else {

$images = $this->check_images(array('category' => array('root' => 'PUBLIC', 'dir' =>
'media/ecom/cat', 'list' => $catshow['catimg'])));

} // End of if statement.

Is this code "stable"? Thanks.

#6 08-31-2012 08:44:49

webmaster
Administrator
Website

You might want to add:

Code:

$images = array();

Where you have:

Code:

//This prevents any category images from showing on the category detail display pages for MOBILE

Just to avoid warnings in your log about $images not being defined.

Nick Hendler

#7 08-31-2012 11:02:31

btwebmedia

Thanks! That worked.

Board footer