Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-23-2012 13:40:03

JDLS88
Website

Can't select another skin

I'm trying to convert over a CCP7 skin to CCP8 and I can't even test whether or not I did it correctly becuase it appears I can't even change the skin option. When I look at the dropdown list of skins I see a whole bunch (some leftover from 7, but also the new Desktop, Mobile, and Print skins). However, clicking them and enabling them as the new skin is doing nothing. It appears that it worked and ti gives me the message that it worked, but the homepage never changes. Then when you go back into the profile fro the site and look at the skins list again, it shows nothing as selected (so it's defaulting to the built-in default skin). Here are some pics

Right after I select a new skin:
http://i.imgur.com/O0oWW.png

After I go back into the same page via the navigation:
http://i.imgur.com/dvNyx.pngp

I thought maybe this is a weird, but normal behavior, but I checked another site I run that's using CCP7 and it shows the selected skin always.

The entire skins folder, and all folders under it are CHMOD'd to 775, so it's not an issue with that. What could it be?

I should mention that I upgraded over a pre-existing copy of CCP.7.

Jeremy D.

#2 08-23-2012 15:30:49

jj1987
Website

Re: Can't select another skin

Can you turn on the debugger in private/core/CORE/CORE.php and copy the debug output from after you click submit to update the skin?  It's likely erroring out and the problem will show in the debugging.

-James Garrett

#3 08-23-2012 16:47:17

webmaster
Administrator
Website

The mobile, print and joomla skins are not valid options for that list, so they're suppressed.  You should at the very least see the new desktop skin, and any other custom skins you have installed.

Nick Hendler

#4 08-23-2012 17:22:51

JDLS88
Website

I think I goofed up my initial upgrade because now that I've redone it, the skins are in a completely different place than they were before! Plus now I'm able to select the skins and the site is reflecting that.

All is well now!

Jeremy D.

#5 08-24-2012 07:20:30

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Cool.  Thanks for the update.

Nick Hendler

Board footer