Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#1 08-21-2012 21:07:14

jj1987
Website

V8 Upgrade FAQ

What issues are you guys experiencing with v8 or v8 upgrade process? I'll try to answer as many as I can, as well as keep an updated post with an organized FAQ for new users.

The upgrade is designed to be done as an update to your v7 install rather than a fresh install with a data import, so if you want to install v8 and run it alongside v7, the best way to do this is to:

(1) Send a request to the custom shop with your v7 license and the order number for your v8 upgrade asking for a v7 devel license for upgrade purposes.

(2) Copy your v7 codebase to a new area and copy your database to a new database, then in your new install of v7 (copy of your existing site), edit the private config.php file, changing the license key to the dev key Jeff gives you, and changing your database info to the new db info you set up.

(3) Run the upgrade on your devel copy.

You need to update your htaccess file, instructions can be found here-
http://wiki.kryptronic.com/CCP8SearchEngineOptimization

The volume price can be found under the ecom_prod table, column name volprice

The author has provided documentation here-
https://forum.kryptronic.com/viewtopic.php?pid=143378

Instructions can be found here-
https://central.kryptronic.com/public/n … ANGES.html

webmaster wrote:

ZipSkins sales tanked over the past 18 months, so we're not going to be using them any more.  The v7 skins would not have been compatible with v8 and they're a bit outdated.  At some point this fall when things slow down we are going to start working with other designers who want to sell v8 skins on their own sites.  If any of you are interested, please contact the custom shop .

-James Garrett

#2 08-21-2012 21:28:03

citapinc

Re: V8 Upgrade FAQ

James:

We are about to start the process of moving our website to a new hosting provider.  I thought it would be a good idea to do a fresh installation of v8 on our new provider's server and setup CCP 8 from scratch. 

Can I do a fresh clean installation of CCP 8 with my upgrade license?

Also don't you think we should start a new Version 8.x Support group and move this to that group now that v8 is released?

#3 08-21-2012 21:33:36

jj1987
Website

citapinc wrote:

Also don't you think we should start a new Version 8.x Support group and move this to that group now that v8 is released?

I'm sure Nick/Jeff will do that in the coming days.  When I spoke with them they were underwater with questions now, so we'll give them some time.

citapinc wrote:

James:

We are about to start the process of moving our website to a new hosting provider.  I thought it would be a good idea to do a fresh installation of v8 on our new provider's server and setup CCP 8 from scratch. 

Can I do a fresh clean installation of CCP 8 with my upgrade license?

webmaster wrote:

The upgrade is designed to be done as an update to your v7 install rather than a fresh install with a data import, so if you want to install v8 and run it alongside v7, the best way to do this is to:

(1) Send a request to the custom shop with your v7 license and the order number for your v8 upgrade asking for a v7 devel license for upgrade purposes.

(2) Copy your v7 codebase to a new area and copy your database to a new database, then in your new install of v7 (copy of your existing site), edit the private config.php file, changing the license key to the dev key Jeff gives you, and changing your database info to the new db info you set up.

(3) Run the upgrade on your devel copy.

-James Garrett

#4 08-21-2012 22:14:18

citapinc

Like I said, I'll be doing this on a fresh server so v7 isn't installed on this new server at all.  Right now I have v7 running on our current provider which we plan to leave by the end of September.

I want to start clean with v8 with our new hosting provider and get our site up with a pure v8 installation instead of moving our v7 site to the new server and performing an upgrading.  Our v7 site was setup wring and is full of errors and mistakes that I don't want to bring forward to v8.

I realize this will take more work but I believe it will be the best thing for us in the long run.

#5 08-21-2012 23:19:17

tony
Website

Well Im sorta lost which isnt a surprise. The site was set up for me by kryptronic over a year ago and I have old xmods. I have V7 running good now and it has cartmod's seo extreme xmod installed and Nick suggested a devel install first but I am thinking wouldnt a reinstall wipe clean all our settings like shipping, payments, products?

If I install a second copy of V7 then too I will not have all my settings that I paid to have setup originally because I failed to understand what was wrong at the time. Kryptronic always seems to bail me out. Thanks again Jeff! Im just a hardware guy but Im trying to learn. 

What if I just install over the seo xmod what kind of issues might we experience? Something that can be fixed later when not so crazy? Anyone know if this would be a really bad thing for sure or is it a play it safe thing.

Thanks for any advice. I'll be reading directions and checking back    Thanks.

Last edited by tony (08-22-2012 00:25:38)

#6 08-22-2012 07:40:26

webmaster
Administrator
Website

GBE: Don't do a fresh install of v7.  Copy over your filesystem and database to the new install from your current one.  That way you'll have an exact copy of your site - and at that point you can ask CartMod to uninstall the SEO mod on the devel version so you can upgrade it and test everything out before going live.

Nick Hendler

#7 08-22-2012 21:30:38

jj1987
Website

tony wrote:

Well Im sorta lost which isnt a surprise. The site was set up for me by kryptronic over a year ago and I have old xmods. I have V7 running good now and it has cartmod's seo extreme xmod installed and Nick suggested a devel install first but I am thinking wouldnt a reinstall wipe clean all our settings like shipping, payments, products?

If I install a second copy of V7 then too I will not have all my settings that I paid to have setup originally because I failed to understand what was wrong at the time. Kryptronic always seems to bail me out. Thanks again Jeff! Im just a hardware guy but Im trying to learn. 

What if I just install over the seo xmod what kind of issues might we experience? Something that can be fixed later when not so crazy? Anyone know if this would be a really bad thing for sure or is it a play it safe thing.

Thanks for any advice. I'll be reading directions and checking back    Thanks.

From what I understand, the worse you would experience is losing your SEO mod settings.  Either way, it seems that there are some severe code modifications in that plugin that can cause trouble.

-James Garrett

#8 08-23-2012 00:12:56

vbsaltydog
Website

Latest CCP 7 XMods Available:

#9 08-23-2012 07:34:25

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Thanks, Stephen.

Nick Hendler

#10 08-23-2012 15:32:42

Casimiro
Website

I have a question but it's about functionality, not upgrade.

Loyalty Points:  I notice that option selection items can have loyalty points.  I assume it's possible to have negative loyalty points on option selection items that reduce the value of the product.  Example: a product 's regular price is $10 and it has an option for a $2 sample.

#11 08-23-2012 16:30:11

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Negative loyalty points are not supported.

Nick Hendler

Board footer