Kryptronic Software Support Forum

You are viewing this forum as a guest. Login to an existing account, or create a new account, to reply to topics and to create new topics.

#26 08-20-2012 18:49:55

tony
Website

Re: Can we have an Update on CCP8 Release please Nick?

I think V8 has better SEO from what I have been told and Google base is going pay next month and I for one have found google ppc to be more expensive than any conversions you get back unless you spend $6000.00 a month then it seems to work. I doubt Google is going to offer up a pay listing that makes money for anyone but themselves. Google is the antichrist of small business of late. We started a ppc campaign and the same week they cut organic traffic to our site by 70%.

Why not chat about other things while we wait for V8. google sucks I am going to try site ads on amazon as all our products are being sold there for 40 to 60% more than we charge. You dont have to use their cart if you do the site ads.

If anyone has a packaging related site let me know. I think site ads are my next try. Everyone I talk to says since they started their campaign to make us all update our sites to their standards or die - Google is a waste of time and money.

Look at go data feeds. They will submit your feeds to the find and bing for $50 a month. We are using them now for the 2 free services to see if it is easier than manual submissions and so far so good. they submit every day for us.

Last edited by tony (08-20-2012 18:57:27)

#27 08-20-2012 19:49:58

webmaster
Administrator
Website

Got a little time.  The license updates are running now...

I would recommend uninstalling both the CartMod and DynaComp mods.

Kryptronic has a GoogleBase module, which I think is much better than DynaComp's version.  We just updated it further in v8.

Concerning CartMod's SEO module, I've talked to several users who have that installed the past week and looked at a couple of installs.  The installation of that module really bastardized the system.  I would recommend doing a fresh devel install of v7 and getting your data out of your current CartMod-modded version into a clean v7 and doing the v8 upgrade against the clean module.  CartMod has been unresponsive to date with providing users instructions on uninstalling both the SEO and ProductFilter mods he's sold.

I got a call from Google about a month ago.  They were trying to sell us SEO services, until they saw the v8 SEO.  We're on their do not call list now.  v8's SEO is so good, I can't think of anything more it could do.  It handles everything from dynamically writing meta information to avoid duplicates, to including opengraph tags, to handling redirects from old URLs, to writing proper robot index/noindex and follow rules, to fully customized SEO URLs with a static 8-line .htaccess file.  On top of that, you have control over all meta information at every level, integrated improved XML SiteMap generation, and it's fully compliant with W3C standards.  I can't wait to get it installed on our site.  We jumped from page 8 to page 3 on Google for 'shopping cart software' after beta testing just a quarter of the enhancements on our site.

Nick Hendler

#28 08-20-2012 20:36:19

tony
Website

OH No Xmods I forgot about those.

Well um I think I will need to do the devel install of v7 to get rid of the x mods we have. We have several including cartmod's seo, product filter, single page checkout and so on.

Are there directions for a devel install and will this keep all settings in place. I will start looking now for that info now it has
been brought up and I forgot about the xmods we have. I thought I would ask to save time as I am learning as I go. 

Any advice is appreciated

#29 08-20-2012 22:45:35

citapinc

webmaster wrote:

How many of you have ever worked on something for 32 hours straight and when you were done, you were so tired you couldn't see straight, and still hadn't solved your issue?  I mean, you worked so hard and so long that when you finished you looked so bad your dog barked at you and your wife told you that you needed a shower.  And at the end of it the problem wasn't solved... Then you got some rest and got back to it the next day and the answer was miraculously staring you straight in the face so hardcode you felt like a dumbass.

I've officially joined that club.

Tony:

Welcome to the club!!!  Your membership badge and rubber mallet used to hit yourself on the head will arrive shortly.

Don't feel bad.  I remember when I was young I would program all day long and not fix the problem, then go to sleep and dream of the fix, wake up and fix the problem.

#30 08-21-2012 00:56:31

tony
Website

Oh gosh guys we are wasting time when we could be prepairing. Some of us have xmods to remove and now would be a good time to publish the directions for getting V7 ready for update. Can we reintall V7 without screwing up the shipping settings, payment settings, and so on. How do we do this if possible. I am sitting here doing nothing and can find nothing in the man about reinstalls.

#31 08-21-2012 06:23:06

Dave

webmaster wrote:

Kryptronic has a GoogleBase module, which I think is much better than DynaComp's version.  We just updated it further in v8.

In what way? Yours doesn't have all of the features ours has.

#32 08-21-2012 07:09:01

tony
Website

Isnt Google base going away next month to a pay listing. Then it will be as useless as their PPC I think so whats the point Dave.

#33 08-21-2012 09:01:26

Uncletim
Website

Hey Nick:

I have a hectic schedule for the next few weeks. Can you give us an idea of when to expect this software. Since clients have actually put down money and are now expecting this, there is much greater scrutiny concerning delivery of this software and installation of their store.

Just let me know if I should put this away for a few days or get ready to rock and roll. I am keeping a giant slot open for this.

Thanks.

p.s. I hope that mini cart is flexible and robust.

#34 08-21-2012 09:06:13

Lee N

Uncletim wrote:

Hey Nick:

I have a hectic schedule for the next few weeks. Can you give us an idea of when to expect this software. Since clients have actually put down money and are now expecting this, there is much greater scrutiny concerning delivery of this software and installation of their store.

Just let me know if I should put this away for a few days or get ready to rock and roll. I am keeping a giant slot open for this.

Thanks.

p.s. I hope that mini cart is flexible and robust.

Presuming he hasn't gone on holiday yet, are you seriously going to take any notice of anything he says?

#35 08-21-2012 09:13:03

Uncletim
Website

Yes I would!

Having dealt with crappy software, I much prefer this approach.

Kryptonics software is stable, reliable and well written. Sure I want it now, but I would much rather have it right! I just don't want to waste the day waiting for this to ship.

#36 08-21-2012 09:46:06

webmaster
Administrator
Website

We're issuing the keys today.  It's starting to come online.  Check out the new demo:

ClickCartPro FrontEnd: https://kryptronic.com/demo
ClickCartPro Management Interface: https://kryptronic.com/demo/admin.php

Nick Hendler

#37 08-21-2012 10:29:59

Silk
Website

Well done Nick, at last something concrete. Look forward to getting our keys.

Now we need someone to customise it like yesterday so we can get it sorted for the run up to Christmas. yikes(

#38 08-21-2012 10:36:38

jj1987
Website

got my keys!

-James Garrett

#39 08-21-2012 10:37:33

webmaster
Administrator
Website

More demos....

EuropaCart FrontEnd: https://kryptronic.com/demoeu
EuropaCart Management Interface: https://kryptronic.com/demoeu/admin.php

Nick Hendler

#40 08-21-2012 10:55:21

ashley

I've found a bug in the backend, on widescreen monitors you can't physically click the submit button when editing products unless you scroll to the bottom of the pane.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0d6dr6s90

So if you're sitting at the top of the edit screen, the submit button isn't visible. I'm on a 1440x900 widescreen monitor, so fairly standard.

Last edited by ashley (08-21-2012 11:03:32)

#41 08-21-2012 11:36:34

121NetDesign

jj1987 wrote:

got my keys!

I want mine sad madroll hmm

Tommy Lee

#42 08-21-2012 12:02:52

meshugy

Thanks for the demos Nick!

One thing I noticed is that the product filter doesn't work on an iPad when viewing the full site. Is this fixable or a limitation we'll have to live with?

Michael

#43 08-21-2012 12:38:00

amdowney
Website

Well I have to say I am liking the home page with scrolling banners and the product filter but am totally loving the new product displays with the loyalys points, hover zoom, dynamic pricing and the tabbed boxes. It's way better!!!

Obvisously there is some work to be done on the skin to get it looking really nice from a graphical point of view but otherwise I am pleased and not regretting my preorders!

Does seem a bit sluggish but then maybe that's my crap connection at work and your busy server but hope theres no javascript compications.

The way you can manage relationships as well is now much easier and less of a puzzle as is adding more images to a product!

;-)

Last edited by amdowney (08-21-2012 12:44:45)

#44 08-21-2012 12:55:05

tony
Website

Still looking for directions to do a devel install of V7 to eliminate any bad code caused by old xmod seo extreme. I just spent all night looking for directions and there are non in the docs or forum.

Is there anyone that can do this for money?

#45 08-21-2012 12:59:15

Dave4Showcases

tony, I just did the same thing on my site.  Here are the files you need: https://central.kryptronic.com/public/i … rtpro7.zip

Just create a new directory on your site then follow the instructions in that using your devel license key.

EDIT:  I haven't uploaded my products yet though, nor have I started on my custom shipping, skins, etc.  I have about 40,000 items on my site with almost 2000 categories and subcategories so I am going to wait until after I upgrade 8 before tackling the next part.  I also plan on starting from scratch with the skins rather than trying to make my existing one work.

Last edited by Dave4Showcases (08-21-2012 13:02:38)

#46 08-21-2012 13:03:11

webmaster
Administrator
Website

ashley: I noticed that too.  It's a function of having a large number of configurable options for the products.  If they were grouped together more concisely, users would complain that each listing is too long.  You can always scroll to click submit, or just click enter when in a textbox.

meshugy: You should be aware that the ipad will launch the site in mobile mode, and in that mode the product filter is disabled (it doesn't make much sense to use it via mobile because most users will be on phones - not tablets).  Simply click the 'Full Site' link in the footer and you'll see the filter works just fine on the ipad.  The ipad was the only method I had to test with Safari other than traveling to a local designer's shop, so I banged on it hard.

amdowney: I thought that was some of my best skin work yet sad  I'm a programmer, not a designer, though.  It may be sluggish due to a poor connection, or it could be just that our server is literally getting hammered right now.

Nick Hendler

#47 08-21-2012 13:24:26

Casimiro
Website

Hello Nick.  Personally, I like the demos very much and I can't wait to upgrade.  In the meantime, I noticed something on the mobile site that may need a little tweaking: using my iPhone, I clicked on the small, orange question mark and I could not close the pop up window.

By the way, maybe a separate thread should be opened where members can post their observations.

#48 08-21-2012 13:28:59

v8power
Website

On the demo the "add to cart", "checkout" and "wish list" buttons are all cut off.....the button is too short not allowing all the letters to display. I'm using IE9.

#49 08-21-2012 13:47:36

121NetDesign

121NetDesign wrote:

jj1987 wrote:

got my keys!

I want mine sad madroll hmm

I feel like Usian Bolt at the starting blocks and the race starter has gone on holiday! sad

Still chomping at the bit here in the UK

Last edited by 121NetDesign (08-21-2012 13:48:10)

Tommy Lee

#50 08-21-2012 14:12:20

amdowney
Website

webmaster wrote:

amdowney: I thought that was some of my best skin work yet sad  I'm a programmer, not a designer, though.  It may be sluggish due to a poor connection, or it could be just that our server is literally getting hammered right now.

It's not terrible and as you say you are a coder. Perhaps its the nav bar that looks a bit lost with the cats and that would look better in the header section with the white bg, below the logo... anyway this is for us to customise.

The functionality is what matters and I'm impressed with that!!

Board footer